Options

Which is the most tedious of the DS-regular conspiracy theories?

lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
Forum Member
o Roswell aliens
o WTC7 / 9/11
o M. McCann's disappearance
o Moon Landings
o JFK assasination
o AGW
o Princess Diana's death
o Paul McCartney's existence
o Julian Assange's guilt
o NWO

I'm not doing a poll, because I believe they are used by the Government to collect data on our thoughts (plus they give people an excuse not explain their rationale).

Comments

• Options
    RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the tedium is to be measured by the sheer number of pages for which the nonsense is allowed to be circuitously perpetuated for, it has to be WT7.
  • Options
    stesupforitstesupforit Posts: 4,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moon landings. Sooo tedious. The only people who believe in the CT are the uneducated and grossly misguided.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,664
    Forum Member
    all of them, non ever change their opinion even though they say they have a open mind and yet still disregard the facts so near all posts are tit for tat.
  • Options
    BedlemBedlem Posts: 2,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww I actually enjoy reading most of the conspiracy theories on this site.

Anything to do with the Mcanns' bores me half to death though. Don't think I've ever read or replied to a single Mcann thread on DS.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mongodude wrote: »
    all of them, non ever change their opinion even though they say they have a open mind and yet still disregard the facts so near all posts are tit for tat.

yes, the infallible sign of a hen witted conspiracy theory is that they accept the most tenuous evidence for their theory as Gospel and disregard the strongest evidence against it as all part of the theory.

Princess Diana theories and 9/11 theories are perhaps the silliest that we see a lot. M McCann ones are the nastiest. I don't really mind ones about giant lizards because no feelings are hurt.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,418
    Forum Member
    Carrier bags. I've never come across a bunch of people so obsessed with plastic bags before. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moon landings and McCanns threads. They are like stuck records being played again and again by the hollow headed.
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    summerain wrote: »
    Carrier bags. I've never come across a bunch of people so obsessed with plastic bags before. :D

To be fair, I thought that was just one poster!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,455
    Forum Member
    I don't believe conspiracy theories. But it is just human nature to search for blame during grief
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    Bedlem wrote: »
    Anything to do with the Mcanns' bores me half to death though. Don't think I've ever read or replied to a single Mcann thread on DS.

BLASPHEMY!!!
    You said ******!
    You shall be stoned to death!:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,418
    Forum Member
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    To be fair, I thought that was just one poster!

It's usually instigated by one poster, but their threads are always very popular with all sorts of debates going on. Definitely a a thread topic that requires popcorn. :D
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    I find the 9/11 ones the most tiresome, along with the McCann ones.
  • Options
    You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The moon landings. As every single bit of 'evidence' used to support it being fake has been easily explained.
  • Options
    hellsTinkerbellhellsTinkerbell Posts: 9,871
    Forum Member
    TeaCosy wrote: »
    Moon landings and McCanns threads. They are like stuck records being played again and again by the hollow headed.

I actually think now the McCanns only have their dislikers to keep them going.
    I'm one of those stuck records that thinks they are dodgy and i think they should have been pulled up on child neglect charges for leaving three very young children alone in a foreign country while they went out with friends.
    Lets face it....would they do that in the UK?.....so why be so lax abroad.
    Do Portuguese hotels not have child minding at an extra cost?
    I'd rather pram my kids around at 2 in the morning than leave them on their own....at least i'd know they are with me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That outlandish one about the DTG. Surely they don't really exist?
  • Options
    Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Preponderence of Cliques on DS! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The BNP will rise again because they're saying what we are thinking.......as believable as royal lizards.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    < snip >
    I'm one of those stuck records
    The stuck records are the threads being repeated again and again. You are either one of the hollow headed who plays the stuck records or you aren't.

I'm not even a little bit interested in what anybody else thinks of that case, which is why I have never asked anyone about it. It's like how I'm not interested in Jehovah's Witnesses and don't want their beliefs forced upon me either. Sorry, but no thanks.
  • Options
    hellsTinkerbellhellsTinkerbell Posts: 9,871
    Forum Member
    TeaCosy wrote: »
    The stuck records are the threads being repeated again and again. You are either one of the hollow headed who plays the stuck records or you aren't.

I'm not even a little bit interested in what anybody else thinks of that case, which is why I have never asked anyone about it. It's like how I'm not interested in Jehovah's Witnesses and don't want their beliefs forced upon me either. Sorry, but no thanks.
    Like ive said....i'm a stuck record and you probably are as well because you have replied to what i have said.
    If you didnt care you wouldnt reply.
    If those threads are getting repeated again and again then clearly there are a lot of people feeling the same way.
    Actually.....the McCanns are way more in your face than the Jehovahs Witnesses are.
    You can shut the door in the JW's face but the McCanns are in the media and in your face constantly.
    The book is about to come out which no doubt the gullible will buy.
    Next will be the movie.
  • Options
    dylan99dylan99 Posts: 10,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hells! stop trying get the thread locked :p

I would suggest the theory of mollybecks
  • Options
    user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bedlem wrote: »
    Aww I actually enjoy reading most of the conspiracy theories on this site.

I was going to say people who start threads asking why McCann threads disappear.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    yes, the infallible sign of a hen witted conspiracy theory is that they accept the most tenuous evidence for their theory as Gospel and disregard the strongest evidence against it as all part of the theory.

Princess Diana theories and 9/11 theories are perhaps the silliest that we see a lot. M McCann ones are the nastiest. I don't really mind ones about giant lizards because no feelings are hurt.

Bullseye!

*EDIT*
    I was browsing the David Icke forums yesterday and there was an interesting thread about the 9/11 attacks where there was some rather heated debate about whether any planes actually crashed into the towers or not.

On the one hand, there were one group of people who who believe that there were no planes and that persons unknown made 3 planes full of passengers vanish, blew up the WTCs then "got at" all the media and witnesses to create the plane-story.

OTOH, some people seem to think that planes were flown into the WTCs but that they were brought down via controlled demolition carried out by persons unknown.

However, for ultimate irony, there were a middle group of "peace-makers" who were saying that it didn't really matter whether the planes were real or not because the important thing was to simply accept that there WAS a conspiracy and speculate on who was responsible.
    Talk about ignoring evidence and forming ignorant opinions!

Also, it's worth reitterating your point that a lot of people seem to delight in treating these things as mental excercises while ignoring the fact that people died in these incidents and a lot of CTs (and the discussion thereof) can be disrespectful in the extreme.
  • Options
    CasdorCasdor Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    911 conspiracy theories are tedious on here, since there is no credible proof Israel, the Mossad or Bush did it. One you didn't mention was the threads about religion, that has to be a conspiracy and I happen to technically be an atheist and I can't even take the threads bashing religion!
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Casdor wrote: »
    One you didn't mention was the threads about religion, that has to be a conspiracy and I happen to technically be an atheist and I can't even take the threads bashing religion!

Fair comment.

As an atheist myself, I'm often appalled at the level of gleeful mockery aimed at god-botherers around here.

Seems like a good 70% of religious threads are simply designed to antagonise religious people or pick fault with their faith.
    It's really no better than schoolyard bullying.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's tedious is people automatically assuming every new theory on an event, is a "conspiracy theory", in an attempt to make it a laughing stock.

What motivates their agendas ?