Options

EE - Is anyone else a bit disappointed over Cora's transformation...

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She will never be a matriarch. She has no history on the Square and isn't even good at handling her relations. Besides, she's a drunk.

Is there some unwritten rule that a 'drunk' (which she is not, she just likes a drink - when was the last time we even saw her drunk?) can't be a matriarch? Thought not.

And according to your logic nobody will ever be a matriarch ever again unless they're a never before seen relation of an existing character with a truck load of back story. Ridiculous. History makes itself as time goes on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've started to really dislike her. She acts authoritarian when there's no reason for it. She rudely told Jean she was taking her dresses when all she had to do was explain to her that they were needed for Heather's wedding. Jean is kind and would have handed them over. During the scene in the cafe with Carol she overstepped the mark with Zainab when she told her to 'say it to her face'. She had no business butting in and it only inflamed the situation. Cora can be kind when it suits her but just as often she's a mean spirited busybody who likes throwing her weight around. I can't see her becoming a matriarch in the square when not even her own granddaughters come to her for advice.
  • Options
    jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    when was the last time we had a slanging match of these proportions? :D

This was EE at its best...no wonder I've stopped watching now!:D

Here is another classic "P v P" battle. Apart from the addition of the slap, note the similarities!:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=1sb39BGreHY&NR=1
  • Options
    BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    Agent F wrote: »
    Oh my!

"Get out you cheap peroxide old bat!"
    "Oh yeah, and what's this, strawberry blond at 70?!"
    "SHUT UP! I'm not 70"
    "No but you look it!"

What a great exchange. Amazing.

I remember that. A scene that has stuck in my memory. It was so funny.
  • Options
    Off_the_hook13Off_the_hook13 Posts: 17,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Cora needs to drop the goody goody act and spice up the Square like we all know she wants (and we want her) to...when was the last time we had a slanging match of these proportions? :D

That was EPIC. :D I was quite young during those days but still you can't beat those scenes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't the idea that she's supposed to be making an effort to be a good citizen to prove something to Tanya as she was such a crap mother and wife, and that's why she's working in the charity shop etc
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,878
    Forum Member
    I think there getting her to replace Pat as the square's general agony aunt and adding in a bit of a no nonsense neighbourhood trouble shooter role. I quite like it if they are getting her to do a Pat but they shouldn't over do it.
  • Options
    Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It all went downhill from the thing with Jean in the charity shop. That pretty much killer her charcater for me, can't be doing with her now.