Options

Could Melanie C be the first Spice Girl to release a solo greatest hits?

LostIslands_LostIslands_ Posts: 630
Forum Member
✭✭
I was rummaging through Amazon looking through Melanie C stuff and came across this pre-order...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stages-Melanie-C/dp/B007ZFZI8C/ref=sr_1_12?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1337025844&sr=1-12

The mystery CD is called 'Stages' and is released July 17th. Stranger still is that the record label listed isn't Red Girl Records...

Mel has released 5 albums and 1 EP but has made some terrible single choices, so I hope that if this does turn out to be a greatest hits some album tracks will be included too as there are tons of hidden gems on Mel's albums.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dunno but 'The Sea'... checked the album out the other day on Youtube. So good :eek:

Got to buy it at some point.
  • Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    There is no could :D
  • Options
    LostIslands_LostIslands_ Posts: 630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay, there's now rumors suggesting it may be a "West End Show Tunes" album. God I hope not!

http://www.melaniec-online.net/news/2012/04/30/rumour-melanie-to-release-stages-album-after-all/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The west end album was talked about being completed aaages ago, even before 'the sea' Im sure its to compliment her tv andrew loyd webber show thing.

Its a shame she isnt re-releasing 'the sea'( its sooo goood) with the jodie harsh tracks but any thing new is better than nothing. If it takes off maybe she could bring out a double cd pack with them both in?
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i suppose the west end show album sounds quite plausible and the name `stages` sounds fitting for such a project.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has has enough singles to fill a singles album.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First of all stages is linked to her west end project she did very successfully last year and her single choices are mainly down to the label advising what should be released and all 5 albums and this new EP are packed with good tunes mel is getting good reviews of this lastist project with Jodie harsh she reached 33 on uk iTunes in a space of 24hrs
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    She is long overdue a GHs, but as LostIslands says, she has made some terrible single choices over the years. On the Horizon, If That Were Me, I Want Candy... I'd love a more varied 'Best of'. I image a Mel C compilation would sell relatively well.

I do love a musical though, so a show tunes album would be fine with me :D

I get so annoyed with radio and TV when it comes to Mel C. The Sea was one of my favourite albums last year but she gets little to no support and it's such a shame.
  • Options
    ChrisJamesSatsChrisJamesSats Posts: 458
    Forum Member
    I'll take:

01 Goin' Down
    02 I Turn To You <Hex Hector Radio Mix>
    03 Never Be The Same Again <Single Mix>
    04 Next Best Superstar
    05 Carolyna
    06 Yeh Yeh Yeh <Single Mix>
    07 Rock Me
    08 Better Alone <Single Mix>
    09 Northern Star
    10 Here It Comes Again
    11 If That Were Me
    12 First Day Of My Life
    13 Think About It
    14 When You're Gone (with Bryan Adams)
    15 I Want Candy
    16 This Time
    17 Never Say Never
    18 Set You Free
  • Options
    Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melanie said in an interview she is working on a covers album. It will contain some show tunes but also songs by other types of artists including Joni Mitchell.

http://www.4music.com/news/interviews/4333/Melanie-C-I-dont-think-this-country-has-ever-produced-a-vocalist-like-Jessie-J

I attended an event several years ago when Melanie did a beautiful cover of Both Sides Now by Joni. Hopefully, that will be on the album.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,944
    Forum Member
    She has has enough singles to fill a singles album.

I really don't think it would be a great idea though.
  • Options
    Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't think it would be a great idea though.

Yes, probably. Because I don't know if she has a lot of casual fans. She tends to either have fans like me who love her and already have all her albums or people just aren't interested. She does have some great B-sides and unreleased tracks. It would be great if they could put out on an album. That would be more appealing to me than a Greatest hits album.
  • Options
    Pippa2012Pippa2012 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She should do a greatest hits as after 5 studio albums she certainly has enough material, maybe a greatest hits could re introduce to some new fans etc. If she does it would be great if she promoted it well and managed to sell reasonably well as all her studio album with the exception of northern star have criminally undersold and all deserved far far greater success.
  • Options
    sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    think a greatest hits is a good idea it might boost her record sales it would also be nice to own all the singles on one cd.
    Five from northern star four from reason.