Who should represent the UK next year?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    Tom Jones still has a career... so no chance.

I would like to see Jemini given another crack.
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DC 17 wrote: »

jemini absolutely not.

some one suggested Jessica Garlic early and I think that wouldn't be a bad idea she can belt out a good ballad.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Seriously take your pick from any of the following :-
    There is no rule that says the performer has to be from the nation ut is representing as far as I am aware hence Gina G, Celine Dion, Cyprus a few years back etc....

From UK & Ireland

Sophie Ellis Bextor
    The Feeling
    Marina & The Diamonds
    Beverley Knight

Melanie C [Has already said she would if she was the act you chose the song]
    Cerys Matthews
    Will Young
    HURTS
    The Saturdays
    Roisin Murphy

Origibabes
    Sugababes 4.0

Bananarama
    Gabrielle
    Saint Etienne
    Christian Burns
    Alesha Dixon
    Mark Feehily
    A1
    Diana Vickers
    Natasha Bedingfield
    Rebbeca Ferguson

I think all of them (the ones I highlighted in bold) would be ideal. What about Ellie Goulding or Eliza Doolittle (sp?) ?
    Forum Member

Oh dear god no. I actually liked their song at the time and I don't know why. It's awful. I was 13 at the time so maybe I can be excused ;)
  • up to the vocalup to the vocal Posts: 2,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cestrian18 wrote: »
    How about Paloma Faith, has a really unusual style,writes some cracking songs and would recieve a boost for doing it, it wouldn't dent her cred as much as the likes of adele :)

She was asked yesterday,,she said she would have to 'be really desperate to do it''
    Forum Member
    Their awfulness is why they would be perfect

Starts campaign... "Jemini for 2013"!!!!!
    Forum Member
    She was asked yesterday,,she said she would have to 'be really desperate to do it''

i would LOVE to see Adele's reaction if someone said..... "Adele.. would you do Eurovision"?"... i envisage a two word response ... the second being 'off'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think Englebert Humperdink does too (in Las Vegas). Tom Jones has just and so revived his career and thanks to his appearance on The Voice he's now attempting to flog singles again.

By the time they're in their 70s though I wouldn't have thought it would matter much - how much career is there still left once you're in your 70s? Wouldn't do their reputation that much harm at their time of life would it? And that really sums it up as far as Eurovision goes (it's bad for the image because it's seen as a bad contest).
    Forum Member
    Tom is still a big name and has a good career

Not a chance in hell would he touch Europap with a bargepole

If Jemini aint available, we could always give Daz Sampson another go... trackie and all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom is still a big name and has a good career

Not a chance in hell would he touch Europap with a bargepole

Europap? Aren't we all supposed to be fans of Eurovision on here?
    If Jemini aint available, we could always give Daz Sampson another go... trackie and all.

I quite liked Teenage Life despite the criticism it got. (I think that was more to do with the girls singing on it though than his rapping.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They could always give Scooch another go -it would save them having to go on any other reality shows like Coach Trip again. :)
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would like to see Florence + The Machine do it, we would be set for the top 3.
    Forum Member
    Europap? Aren't we all supposed to be fans of Eurovision on here?

I quite liked Teenage Life despite the criticism it got. (I think that was more to do with the girls singing on it though than his rapping.

I AM a fan of it (for the same reason as most of the 7 million who tuned in).. a hilariously bad karaoke comp. It was better 2 or 3 years back when more joke acts were involved.. they need to bring that back.

Scooch.. "would you like some nuts with that sir".. is one of the best Eurovision moments of the past decade for me.

I agree that Teenage Life was decent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    Not that I would expect them to so much as entertain the idea of doing it, but if we had Nero, they'd tear Europe apart.
  • gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    I'd quite like Sophie Ellis-Bextor to do it. Xenomania could write it, and it'd be all kinds of amazing.

Nerina Pallot, Hurts & Diana Vickers would all be excellent choices, too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sandy Shaw.
  • Astra 1AAstra 1A Posts: 1,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My nomination is Hurts,,,

They have a big following and chart success across Europe, more so than here in the UK and their songs so far have a touch of Eurovision about them.

Sunday
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3BvW56tjB0

Stay
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nP3XB7hrFo

Wonderful Life
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TB1x67Do5U&list=UUfcp9irZM4H1ISMjnK_auMA&index=8&feature=plcp
    Forum Member
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    Would like to see Florence + The Machine do it, we would be set for the top 3.

Forgot about her. I'm not a big fan of hers but she would be interesting and something different for Eurovision.
  • pikeurpikeur Posts: 1,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gina G with a good strong pop song.

Dina Carroll??
    Forum Member
    Forgot about her. I'm not a big fan of hers but she would be interesting and something different for Eurovision.

please get real

Florence and the Machine has played Madison Square Garden.

Honestly the delusion on this particular forum is staggering.

Forget first tier, second tier, third tier, forth tier acts... none would ever consider lowering themselves to the level of the comp. As Paloma Faith said when asked.. she would "need to be desperate".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about sending an unknown - Bucks Fizz were unknown and they still won but then they did have that gimmick of whipping the girts skirts off. And they won despite Jay Aston singing way too high and despite the fact it was a dreadful song . So I guess performance and song quality isn't the be all and end all as long as you have something that's eye catching. The fact is no-one remembers she was singing way too high but they do remember the skirt ripping routine. So much for it being a song contest. The UK has, over the years, sent songs that have been way better than Save your kisses for Me and Making your Mind up but they haven't won whereas the two awful songs just mentioned did. That's why most well knowns who take music seriously don't want to take part.
  • PorkSausagePorkSausage Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petertard wrote: »
    Sandy Shaw.

Cliff Richard, or Lulu.

Failing that, Wagner, complete witrh backing singers who actualy fo all the singers. Now there's an idea.
  • EbealeEbeale Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about Leanna Mitchell or Bo Bruce?
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ebeale wrote: »
    How about Leanna Mitchell or Bo Bruce?

Not Leanne Mitchell or Ruth Brown, Europe don't like these sort of singers.
  • Dakota.Dakota. Posts: 10,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Astra 1A wrote: »
    My nomination is Hurts,,,

They have a big following and chart success across Europe, more so than here in the UK and their songs so far have a touch of Eurovision about them.

Sunday
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3BvW56tjB0

Stay
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nP3XB7hrFo

Wonderful Life
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TB1x67Do5U&list=UUfcp9irZM4H1ISMjnK_auMA&index=8&feature=plcp

Exactly what I was going to say, they offered to do it after last year.