Is it possible to lose a couple of inches off your waist in 11 days?

crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Got daughter's school Prizegiving evening on 10th, week on Tuesday and it's a posh do. Tried my best trousers on last night and they won't fasten as they're only 42 waist and am at least 44 now, could be 46. :eek: So if I go on a crash diet, no cider, just the bare minimum to eat do you think I could lose those 2 inches?:confused: I don't want to buy any new ones as I never go anywhere usually requiring best trousers. I just wear jeans and chinos in summer.

How quickly do you lose weight if you eat very little?

Comments

• HenryBaneHenryBane Posts: 4,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Buy a girdle.
  • PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Buy a male corset (and whilst you're there you may as well look at all the female corsets as well).
  • BomoLadBomoLad Posts: 17,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crash dieting for 11 days should lose the girth required. If you're a 46 wait initial 'dieting' should give you a fairly dramatic 'boost' starter. Whether it's healthy to do this or not I'm guessing is taking a back seat to the practical realities that you need a pair of trousers for next Tuesday.
  • crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They won't fasten but the belt may hide that but would prefer them to fasten as they should.

I had a bad tummy upset once and lost a stone in a week.

Does it always go from the waist or not necesarily?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can stick to it as have a goal. No cider, crisps, chocolate, carbs and just a little to eat once a day. So far today just had a cup of coffee and not hungry really.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I would have thought some forward planning would have been better for you. You obviously had the time to carry out a proper diet. If you reduce your calorie intake to a mad level, you will faint especially in this weather.

If you walked ten miles a day for ten days, you are probably bound to lose a lot more weight.

It is better to buy a pair of posh trousers with an elasticated waist for comfort on Amazon and that way you can buy them cheap and still look stylish.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can stick to it as have a goal. No cider and litle to eat. So far today just had a cup of coffee and not hungry really.

What do you mean 'so far' you only started six minutes ago :p;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They won't fasten but the belt may hide that but would prefer them to fasten as they should.

I had a bad tummy upset once and lost a stone in a week.

Does it always go from the waist or not necesarily?

Goes from the area you last put weight on, for most men that's around the stomach, love handles and lower back.
  • OtherguyOtherguy Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Not without exercise or an horrific bowel condition.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have thought some forward planning would have been better for you. You obviously had the time to carry out a proper diet. If you reduce your calorie intake to a mad level, you will faint especially in this weather.

I knew about this but she's only told me it's a formal wear evening with wine and a buffet afterwards. She doesn't want showing up with me bursting out of my clothes. :eek: White shirt's okay and black jacket too, except it won't fasten but that won't matter in summer will it.;)
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    It should work in the short term but the real trick is to keep the weight off afterwards.

Be warned, as well, that going without food can be quite unpleasant.
    After a few days you start to get stomach cramps and it can be painful when you're trying to use the loo.

Probably better to eat salads and stuff for a couple of weeks and make a bit of extra effort at the excercise rather than relying on starving yourself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Otherguy wrote: »
    Not without exercise or an horrific bowel condition.

A trip to Tesco for some cartons of prune juice later today then I think. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about trying DIY liposuction with your vacuum cleaner?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BomoLad wrote: »
    What do you mean 'so far' you only started six minutes ago :p;)

I started this morning. Just worried that it may go from somewhere else like my neck and not waist! :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HenryBane wrote: »
    How about trying DIY liposuction with your vacuum cleaner?

Please, I can take a joke but this is a very serious thread.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I started this morning. Just worried that it may go from somewhere else like my neck and not waist! :confused:

What's expanding the most, your neck or your stomach?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't you buy formal trousers with an elasticated waist?
  • TheMaskTheMask Posts: 10,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Neck you cant have a double chin the amount you talk...:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please, I can take a joke but this is a very serious thread.

It's an option you could explore.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member

In this case, I'd say his nose. ;)
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member

Well you can exercise your neck and your waist. You don't need to do much, just do warming up exercises that are gentle and not terribly strenuous.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    It should work in the short term but the real trick is to keep the weight off afterwards.

Be warned, as well, that going without food can be quite unpleasant.
    After a few days you start to get stomach cramps and it can be painful when you're trying to use the loo.

Probably better to eat salads and stuff for a couple of weeks and make a bit of extra effort at the excercise rather than relying on starving yourself.

I'll try that then. Can't do it too drastic as I love my food. :(
  • TheMaskTheMask Posts: 10,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What about an anal de-coke
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

All of me unfortunately. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheMask wrote: »
    What about an anal de-coke

...a what?