Options

Eastenders Deleted from BBC1

stanandjanstanandjan Posts: 762
Forum Member
✭✭
Eastenders has been on my schedule since we got the set..
Nearly got into deep trouble as although the Olympics replaces the EPG Line for BBC1 there is no automatic transfer of EE scheduled series recordings to the BBC2..
7 Million viewers including my wife and many assuming that the modern digital system will switch more than the extra channels for the Olympics..or is it a Foxsat fault?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    No same thing with Sky too, gud job I noticed!
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,633
    Forum Member
    Are there really 7 million people who not check their PVR at least weekly to make sure it is set to record what they expect? :eek:
  • Options
    2Bdecided2Bdecided Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    Are there really 7 million people who not check their PVR at least weekly to make sure it is set to record what they expect? :eek:
    I don't "check" ours - I trust that it will do what it's set to do. I don't check our door is locked after I've locked it either. Maybe I'm not as OCD as I like to think ;)

I know from experience it won't track series links across channels though, so I had a quick look to see what had been shunted to BBC Two for the Olympics.

But it doesn't really matter. It's one of those once-in-a-while things that iPlayer is ideal for. Though there's more than enough to watch this week!

Cheers,
    David.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »

I never check mine..
    The system works very well and has very few hiccups
    My wife usually watches Live on sky.. so we really use as own IPlayer..a sixth sense made me check up..
    For that matter..
    When did you.. or any on forums.. last check your car Tyre pressures ..and yet many Manuals say ..Before every journey:D
  • Options
    Night WatchmanNight Watchman Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stanandjan wrote: »
    ...Nearly got into deep trouble as although the Olympics replaces the EPG Line for BBC1 there is no automatic transfer of EE scheduled series recordings to the BBC2..

See this BBC blog - (pity Freesat didn't bother to mention it or provide a link)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/aboutthebbc/2012/07/recording-your-favourite-shows.shtml
  • Options
    mjrmjr Posts: 2,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interestingly that blog suggests the BBC think that the series links will follow to the new channel:
    If you have a Freeview+ or Freesat+ box these should carry on recording your favourite shows even if they move to BBC Two

Perhaps it only does so from BBC One SD? (Though can't recall ever seeing my Freesat kit do this - don't watch Eastenders though so no experience of that.) There will be people recording from the HD version of BBC One, which would further complicate matters as there would be different series identifiers in use.
  • Options
    REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mjr wrote: »
    Interestingly that blog suggests the BBC think that the series links will follow to the new channel:

Perhaps it only does so from BBC One SD? (Though can't recall ever seeing my Freesat kit do this - don't watch Eastenders though so no experience of that.) There will be people recording from the HD version of BBC One, which would further complicate matters as there would be different series identifiers in use.

I have seen an example of this - setting a series link for next weeks recording (the programme having just ended) and also getting the watched programme recorded on the +1 channel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mjr wrote: »

All good stuff to know and identify the failings or limitations of the total freesat system.. Actually we only ever record in SD for the Soaps..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    Watching Eastenders at the moment on BBC 2 and while I know my comment is slightly off topic I notice the Red Button is constantly on screen, any ideas ?
  • Options
    mjrmjr Posts: 2,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Usually pressing green will clear red button prompts.
  • Options
    richard_g_ukrichard_g_uk Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stanandjan wrote: »
    All good stuff to know and identify the failings or limitations of the total freesat system.. Actually we only ever record in SD for the Soaps..

I can't relate this to EE but I have had a similar experience with the F1 on my FOXSAT-HDR.

I noticed that when recording the F1 that BBC1 SD and BBC2 SD both use the same series CRID as expected. However, the first weekend that they split the qualifying/race/highlights across BBC 1 and BBC 2 I noted that only the BBC 1 recordings were scheduled.

Cancelling the BBC 1 series link and re-scheduling the series again on BBC 1 I discovered that it picked up all showings across BBC 1 and BBC 2 as expected.

A couple of weekends later and the same scenario - BBC 1 recordings scheduled but no BBC 2 recordings scheduled even though they had split it across both channels. Using the web interface and checking the scheduled events it did indeed show that the next events column had only got those that were on BBC 1 yet using the EPG search and selecting the series link via the web interface listed all showings on both BBC 1 and BBC 2 (and that they had different episode CRIDs as expected).

Again removing and resetting the series link scheduled all showings on BBC 1 and BBC 2 as expected. Looks like another bug thats escaped Humax testing :mad:

Note this only applies to SD recordings as the BBC use different series CRID codes accross BBC One HD and BBC HD so you have to have two seperate series links for HD.
  • Options
    zubzub Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    Great news, when i first saw the title. EastEnders deleted from BBC1. Shame its not permanent :-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll not mention your comment to my wife..
    Have not you heard that Sharon is coming back?:D