I would love to see Alexander take over from Bruce :D

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Naughty thread title.
  • jtnorthjtnorth Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    With Richard doing the Tess interviews after? :) (I now really want to see something with Richard, Alexander and Claudia together. They'd be funny.)

Yes, he'd be great. He has a real gift for being nice to everyone on Pointless.
  • Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes puts both hands & feet up. Xander to host Strictly he would be fab
  • SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes puts both hands & feet up. Xander to host Strictly he would be fab

Do you think producers are putting random Friday Panel, to test how they are received by the audience? Like an audition to replace Brucie, perhaps?
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll sign :cool:
  • mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think producers are putting random Friday Panel, to test how they are received by the audience? Like an audition to replace Brucie, perhaps?

I don't think the producers are that subtle :D

I think Alexander and Richard were on because of the Pointless/Strictly cross over episode next week more than anything else.
  • fancynancyfancynancy Posts: 7,991
    Forum Member

Could be. There were quite a few prompted to say they'd like Rufus Hound after his ITT appearance.

So for Alexander - and he can take Richard Osman with him if he wants - it's a big, big YES from me!! :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alexander to host or Alexander to take part as a contestant. I can't decide.

Ah! Maybe he should take part first, and then host eventually! :D
  • hardtimeshardtimes Posts: 168
    Forum Member

If that's the case I'm really worried that Biggins is now in the mix :eek::eek::mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hardtimes wrote: »
    If that's the case I'm really worried that Biggins is now in the mix :eek::eek::mad:

Nah. Too bitchy. Biggins is suitable for I Am A Celebrity kinda of dross. Not Strictly, no, no.

Methinks he's just there as a juxtaposition against Alexander, so the latter's good points is (not so) subtly highlighted, which perhaps was the reason why this thread was conceived in the first place...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    Don't get your hopes up Metro paper announced today that Anton is the next Brucie in waiting and everyone on the inside knows it.
  • primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    silvermoon wrote: »
    Don't get your hopes up Metro paper announced today that Anton is the next Brucie in waiting and everyone on the inside knows it.

please . .... no.

you'd think after recent events, the BBC might just have an inkling that their judgement really isn't all that... :mad:
  • ChristaChrista Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good God no, he's bland as wallpaper paste (yes I have tasted it).

AA isn't even good on HIGNFY. I've never really seen the point of him tbh...

I think it should be John Bishop, mainly because I have a crush on him at the mo...
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me he will always be the voice of the computer Mr Smith in Sarah Jane Adventures :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He would be hopeless!
  • MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Alexander Armstrong on Pointless, he's really nice and funny. He should definitely bring Richard Osman too! :D
  • cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Anton's time has long since passed. Back in 2009 it might have been viable, and I wouldn't have been surprised if they'd gone for him as the stand-in when Bruce was ill, except he'd managed to make it into the second half of the competition for once... so I think Bruce has out-lived Anton's chances.
  • JennieXJennieX Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    Christa wrote: »

I think it should be John Bishop, mainly because I have a crush on him at the mo...

I agree Christa - John Bishop would be a really good choice!! ;)

• DeltaBluesDeltaBlues Posts: 4,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been advocating Alexander Armstrong to take over from Bruce for ages. He is one of the few current competent, professional presenters who has a fanbase among both the alternative comedy crowd (from The Armstrong & Miller Show) and the teatime retired set (from Pointless)*. He has a natural engaging manner, can read a normal-sized autocue and doesn't feel the need to make a show all about him.

*Other audience demographics are available.
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't have thought of Alexander Armstrong if I thought about possible replacements all day. But now the idea has been planted I think its a marvellous suggestion. Well played OP
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alexander is brilliant on the programme he does with Richard. I'd hate to see him leave that show. Anton is certainly lined up for Bruce's job and gawwd help us all.
  • coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    Alexander is brilliant on the programme he does with Richard. I'd hate to see him leave that show. Anton is certainly lined up for Bruce's job and gawwd help us all.

no I dont think he is any more I think he was being groomed, he had a couple of presenting roles on television but no longer does.

He just is not very good at presenting and so that ship sailed, not to mention he blotted his own copy book by his major foot in mouth moment
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,178
    Forum Member

That would be my worst nightmare come true, and totally spoil the programme for me. :eek::eek::eek::
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want a female presenter - bring on the girls! I'm sick of the BBC promoting safe MOR white men at the expense of everyone else
  • jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want a female presenter - bring on the girls!

How's about Angela Rippon?