Saddest Soap Deaths?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Steph but her death didn't leave me moved really, and Anthony Quinlan being the last person to see her die wasn't a good choice either.

Rhys dying last week was really sad and Claire Cooper's acting was spot on, it's only the second ever soap death that's made me cry. (along with Danielle Jones)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    EE - Nana Moon, Pat, Ethel
    Hollyoaks - Steph, Rhys, Jono
    Waterloo Road - Sambuca's by a mile, in my opinion best soap death, I absolutely NEVER cry at TV shows, Films or books but that had me shedding tons of tears. Still can't get over that!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    defo Sarah Barnes
    India
    Max

(all HO dont watch any others )
  • Dolly4Dolly4 Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Emmerdale - Tricia Dingle (and Marlon's response when she was going to donate her organs).
    Emmerdale - Baby Daniel. Really made me cry!

One other than sticks in my mind was Home & Away (late 80's/early 90's) when a character called Blake had a girlfriend with a terminal illness. He took her to the beach to watch the sunrise and then she died in his arms ...
  • jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dolly4 wrote: »
    Emmerdale - Tricia Dingle (and Marlon's response when she was going to donate her organs).

One other than sticks in my mind was Home & Away (late 80's/early 90's) when a character called Blake had a girlfriend with a terminal illness. He took her to the beach to watch the sunrise and then she died in his arms ...

The Home and Away one sticks with me too. I was reminded of it the other day when Jono (in Hollyoaks) died in Ruby's arm, sitting by the water. I was in my late teens then and felt well embarrassed I cried at a soap!!!!:p

I agree re Max and Steph in Hollyoaks. But I do tend to find it's other people crying that sets me off, not so much the person who died! So when Rhys died, not really a fan of his or Jacqui, but Jacqui's upset made me cry!!!

I also remember being upset when Wellard the dog died in Eastenders. Loved that EE dedicated a show to it and boy did they go for the emotion! My partner likes to remind me about how sad I am that I cried because a fictional dog died!!!:D I think just after that, a character died in EE as well, but I wasn't upset about them!!!

Agree also that Ethels death was very sad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    Dennis -EE :(
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dolly4 wrote: »

I think that was Meg.
  • dale0693dale0693 Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EastEnders:
    Ethel Skinner (Assisted Suicide) in September 2000,
    Dennis Rickman (Stabbed) in December 2005
    Danielle Jones (Runover) in April 2009
    James Branning (Cot death) in December 2010
    Pat Evans (Heart Attack) in January 2012

Overall the saddest one I remember would be Danielle's death because I remember watching the whole scene when she was runover
  • randomliserandomlise Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    pothuthic wrote: »
    Wellard :eek:

This was the only soap death to make me cry!!!
  • AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    Ethel, EastEnders. I wasn't an EastEnders viewer around the time, but I saw it on a countdown show and ended up in floods. :(

I agree I watched it at the time and it was the only time EE ever made me cry.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alma Halliwell, Mike Baldwin, Judy Mallet and Ernest Bishop in Coronation Street.
  • Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,383
    Forum Member
    ED - Real people - John Barton, Carl King,

ED - Animals - Clyde & Batley

ED - crying with relief - Jackson Walsh
  • 08MattL9008MattL90 Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    I don't tend to get emotional during soap deaths, but Sarah, Lynsey and Jono in HO and Nana and Danielle in EE got me going a bit :'(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hollyoaks does the saddest deaths! Max Cunningham's made me sob for hours! Steph and Rhys' were very emotional too!
  • royllsroyceroyllsroyce Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is Jamie Mitchell not on this list? His gorgeous 90's curtains, Sonia weeping away, while the choir from Billy & Little Mo's wedding provided the tear jerking soundtrack. Perfectly acted and written. Sonia out acted Meryl Streep here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHpUtU2SUhw
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Len in ED :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    I'm surpised no one has mentioned it yet, but definitely Jackson's in Emmerdale. After watching the whole storyline beginning to end, totally falling in love with his character, and his relationship with Aaron. Needless to say I cried a river. x
  • Everlong GirlEverlong Girl Posts: 1,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How could I have forgotten Jack Duckworth in CS and Sambuca in Waterloo Road - both were so moving. :cry:
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    '80s character Daphne in Neighbours. Wept buckets!

I remember that, was indeed sad, she said 'i love you clarkie' just before she went :(

Belles in Home and Away, was also sad :(
  • ChzzaChzza Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's got to be when Meg died in blakes arms in h&a. It was so sad I cried like a baby.
  • agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    Danielle in Eastenders a few years back.

That was SO sad.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,278
    Forum Member
    Yes Madge and Ethels were both very sad. I still miss Madge Bishop even now.
  • Jean_DanielsJean_Daniels Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    poor old pat from ee
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    love threads like this .
    the first one I remember was Jamie in EE really shocked ,

emmy Alice died really upset me cried buckets

I think the best one ever done was Jack duckworths in corrie everything about it was just perfect
    such a lovely way to go
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is Jamie Mitchell not on this list? His gorgeous 90's curtains, Sonia weeping away, while the choir from Billy & Little Mo's wedding provided the tear jerking soundtrack. Perfectly acted and written. Sonia out acted Meryl Streep here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHpUtU2SUhw[/QUOT]

believe it or not I felt more for phill in this he never ever cries .