Options

Worst Facebook status updates

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a status I just saw after people wished him a happy birthday:

"Thank you all for the facebook messages, the phone calls, the texts, the voice mail messages, the cards and the gifts flown from around the world. x"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HA one of my friends from the southern US has had babies lately and posting all the pictures as described just above.

She posted quite a close up one of him lying in his cot or whatever with the status/hashtag "#teethin :("

Cue lots of likes and "Darn it! Hope bubba sleeps!" and the amusing US equivalents of "Oh no hun"

The mother (I assume) posted: "You get that camera OUTTA ma baby face!!! Too close!!! Let him rest and stop with the pictures when he not feelin good, XXXX. I don't wanna see no more of these!!!"

It got SO many likes :D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    acker wrote: »
    Somebody showed me a baby scan picture on facebook on their mobile . I honestly didnt have a clue what to say. :o

When someone shoes you a scan photo, just say it looks just like you. You will either get a confused comment or a laugh from the person posting it
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cocained wrote: »
    This is a status I just saw after people wished him a happy birthday:

"Thank you all for the facebook messages, the phone calls, the texts, the voice mail messages, the cards and the gifts flown from around the world. x"

HAHA is your friend a Prince, or Simon Cowell? He thinks he is anyway!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    "Thank you to all of my fans for the birthday tweets #cute #fans #selfie #girl #friends #night #out, #clubbing, #red #dress, #ugly"

This girl posted that same status on twitter, facebook and instagram.

She's not even famous.
  • Options
    cinnamon girlcinnamon girl Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Thank you to all of my fans for the birthday tweets #cute #fans #selfie #girl #friends #night #out, #clubbing, #red #dress, #ugly"

This girl posted that same status on twitter, facebook and instagram.

She's not even famous.

That reminds me - people who do hashtags on Facebook - WHY?!

Even a lot of twitter users would take the pee out of the number of pointless hashtags in the post above!
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    This one just posted:

Cannot wait to get my gym membership card next week so i can lose some weoght ready for my summer hols!

Sounds reasonable but for the past month every day shes been posting how many boxes of chocolates shes eaten, reviews of eevry kebab, every burger, how many times she couldnt be bothered to cook so they had chinese. Shes skinny but always comments how fat she is and how she wants to start going to the gym then posts pictures of all the empty take away boxes from every meal.

Quite a few have been like that from others it frustrates the hell out of me. They put statuses counting down to the new year because thats when their new year diet starts so they were making the most of december by stuffing pies and cakes down their throats.
  • Options
    fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    I'm just waiting for the day one of my statuses appears on this thread!! :o
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    I'm just waiting for the day one of my statuses appears on this thread!! :o

Me too!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That is actually hilarious :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Alternative model? Alternative meaning ugly right? Funny!!:D
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My poor eyes!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ylomyloh wrote: »
    Alternative model? Alternative meaning ugly right? Funny!!:D

Just realised it is a wind up page :o still funny though.
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ylomyloh wrote: »
    Just realised it is a wind up page :o still funny though.

But who is it in the photos?! She must be a real person, certainly looks like one anyway! :confused::eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    There's a bit of an argument going on on my news feed at the moment, it's almost like a text version of Jeremy Kyle with all the accusations flying back and forth.
  • Options
    BlofeldBlofeld Posts: 8,233
    Forum Member
    There's a bit of an argument going on on my news feed at the moment, it's almost like a text version of Jeremy Kyle with all the accusations flying back and forth.

Could be auditions for the show taking place!
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Someone i know almost got in trouble at work over facebook! Serves her right though.

She put several status updates saying how she has man flu and feels awful. Then she put some about how she was up all night throwing up in great detail.

Her final status was how she hates people whp are too lazy to work and shes still going to work even though she was up the previous night throwing up and she aches all over. She thinks of herself as a martyr to her work and an example of how she was brought up to work hard not scrounge.

It was going alright until someone mentioned she better delete it all before her boss read it as she works in food production so cant go to work the day after throwing up all night!
  • Options
    Colin HuntColin Hunt Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    I read that the number of people getting into trouble at work over something written or seen on the facebook is increasing rapidly.

The most basic, and seemingly quite common (and very stupid) scenario being where someone has rung in sick, then puts something like "CBA with work today, off to the pub for an all-dayer" as their status.

This then gets spotted by the person's boss, or the boss is made aware of it.
  • Options
    Colin HuntColin Hunt Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    That reminds me - people who do hashtags on Facebook - WHY?!

Even a lot of twitter users would take the pee out of the number of pointless hashtags in the post above!

I always used to comment on such posts with a

#nottwitter
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    johnny-br wrote: »
    That is actually hilarious :D

I've been sharing this all day! It's great! :D

Have you guys seen this one?
    http://www.facebook.com/BanWeed
    Again, it's a p*ss-take, but it's bloody funny. Her before/after pictures of weed injectors always crack me up.
  • Options
    trphiltrphil Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I came across a thread on Facebook yesterday which was started by someone posting "Choose the title of a movie and replace one of the words with 'shit' and post the result here", kept me occupied for a good half an hour before bed. In fact I considered starting the thread here too... :D
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    trphil wrote: »
    I came across a thread on Facebook yesterday which was started by someone posting "Choose the title of a movie and replace one of the words with 'shit' and post the result here", kept me occupied for a good half an hour before bed. In fact I considered starting the thread here too... :D

Another good one was Take the song you're listening to and add "In My Ass" at the end. Some of the songs were great. My personal favorites were:
    You've Got To Fight (for the right to party in my ass)
    I've got a brand new combine harvester in my ass
    I will always love you in my ass.
  • Options
    My Sweet LifeMy Sweet Life Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    los.kav wrote: »
    I've been sharing this all day! It's great! :D

Have you guys seen this one?
    http://www.facebook.com/BanWeed
    Again, it's a p*ss-take, but it's bloody funny. Her before/after pictures of weed injectors always crack me up.

That is hilarious. Those before and after pictures had me in stitches.
  • Options
    Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it bizarre what people like. Someone will post something such as "I'm hungry" and gets about 20 likes, who the hell likes this crap?

I only post statuses that are either amusing things that have happened or if I'm having a rant about something but even when I'm having a rant I try to make it funny. The other day I posted something that had happened to me that was genuinely funny, a few of my mates liked it and commented. Later that day I made a pie, earlier in the week a few of us had been discussing making pies and having a pie-off. I don't normally post food pictures but I posted a picture of the pie for the benefit of the mates we'd been discussing it with. It got a ridiculous amount of likes from people who never like any of my other statuses. What the hell?
This discussion has been closed.