Options

GoggleBox- Ch4

Comments

• Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    Madmissi12 wrote: »
    Even the voiceover guy called it Googlebox after the show ended last night :D

:eek: I thought I imagined that :D
  • Options
    mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Nice to see whole families watching the same thing. Dont think this happens much these days. That lad watching embarrassing bodies and call the midwife. You think he would watch if the cameras weren't filming?
    Me and my partner dont like the same things so we discuss very little unless its a quiz and we try to answer the questions together
  • Options
    owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    I only watched about 5-10 minutes of this last night. Thought it was rubbish. Though the 2 gay guys seemed most natural of the bit I saw. The drunk posh woman sounds funny though :D
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    What rubbish this programme is. I thought it sounded a good idea and decided to try out last night's episode. I lasted ten minutes then deleted it and all future episodes from my planner. Seriously are we meant to believe this is real? It was so false. Its clearly scripted. Real people watching tv do not behave like this.
    This program is called Gogglebox, Not Googlebox. Anyhow it just shows programs I don't watch :rolleyes:

Don't watch if it doesn't interest you.

It's really easy to change channels and those of us who are enjoying it couldn't care less about moaners who stick their noses in.

Criticism is valid when a production is hyped. It's out there for judgement but this is a quiet odd little series and some of us find it fun.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mal2pool wrote: »
    Nice to see whole families watching the same thing. Dont think this happens much these days. That lad watching embarrassing bodies and call the midwife. You think he would watch if the cameras weren't filming?
    Me and my partner dont like the same things so we discuss very little unless its a quiz and we try to answer the questions together

I thought they had to watch the programmes as a family or who is living in the house. I assumed it was planned that way for the show :confused:
  • Options
    SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    :D:D just caught up..............

The posh couple, black ladies and gay men where on top form again

faveourite part was when the old old guy was going on about how he's like to beat someone up, then his wife was like you can't even get out of the bloody chair to do it:D......
  • Options
    SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I thought they had to watch the programmes as a family or who is living in the house. I assumed it was planned that way for the show :confused:

that's what i thought too...

i thought familes were selected to watch shows that they asked them to watch:confused:
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was a good watch last night, But it could be better if it showed people watching different programs in different rooms, One could watch BBC4, Another Channel 4 etc. :)
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    This program is called Gogglebox, Not Googlebox. Anyhow it just shows programs I don't watch :rolleyes:

I don't understand the rolleyes nor what difference it makes if you've seen the programs or not.
    I don't think there's anything on there that I watched.
    That's why there are clips and a voiceover to give us a summary of what they're watching.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sex wrote: »
    :D:D just caught up..............

The posh couple, black ladies and gay men where on top form again

faveourite part was when the old old guy was going on about how he's like to beat someone up, then his wife was like you can't even get out of the bloody chair to do it:D......

I liked him mithering the wife for more food and her getting, what I suspect was selective hearing, at one point.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »

I'll post the link up again.
    http://www.channel4.com/info/press/p...tion/gogglebox
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I liked him mithering the wife for more food and her getting, what I suspect was selective hearing, at one point.

''mithering''. Are you a Midlander Prince? I use the term and no one seems to know what I mean.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    What rubbish this programme is. I thought it sounded a good idea and decided to try out last night's episode. I lasted ten minutes then deleted it and all future episodes from my planner. Seriously are we meant to believe this is real? It was so false. Its clearly scripted. Real people watching tv do not behave like this.

Sorry, but if you go round some people's houses you'll hear nothing but comments throughout programs, round robin riffing of jokes based on something in a program, arguments and all sorts.

Anyway it was worth watching last night, just for dead cat and 'gunt' thing, I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard I felt light headed like that.

On the manufactured responses tip, shouldn't have had the usual, when someone seems to have been watching a program and taking all in, then they pipe up, 'who's he, who's she, what's going on now?'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    owllover wrote: »
    ''mithering''. Are you a Midlander Prince? I use the term and no one seems to know what I mean.

Nope, Londoner, 'borrowed' that from someone somewhere, at some point in time...

Some people seem to be strangers to context, doesn't take much working out.
  • Options
    Say_My_NameSay_My_Name Posts: 299
    Forum Member

I say mithering as well. :p

I'm around Manchester way though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nope, Londoner, 'borrowed' that from someone somewhere, at some point in time...

Some people seem to be strangers to context, doesn't take much working out.

''Ouch''.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ''Ouch''.

Thank you to others who understand.

Don't be so pompous Prince.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mal2pool wrote: »

In our house (well ex- I'm no longer there) the kids (Teenage-mid 20's) can be watching the same thing in the living room as whats on in the kitchen.
    Then there's a conversation through the doorway or from loft to kitchen if the same program is on in both the loft and kitchen.
    You'd think Friends was on 24 bleedin 7, on some channel or another, someone can always find an episode in that house.

Embarrassing bodies in one that seems to go across all age ranges.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thank you to others who understand.

Don't be so pompous Prince.

Pffft.
  • Options
    yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw this for the first time last night and laughed all the way through. I especially liked the posh drunk couple, and the woman who cried her way through Call the Midwife. Wish they'd found someone else to do the voiceover though, as I find Caroline Aherne's voice grating.
  • Options
    mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    They would be bored stiff watching me watching telly! I never laugh at Ant and Dec much or people falling over or cry when i watch sad stuff. Not normal me !!
  • Options
    suesuesuesuesuesue Posts: 16,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not just that. She'd had x number of years listening to his mithering. Her expressionless (tho probably through gritted teeth) demeanour. You know when you hear those sad news stories about a couple being found shot and 'no other people are being sought in the police investigation'? Just saying ....
    I tell people all sorts on the TV, wouldn't do it in company so much and I'd probably tone down the language.
    Lots of people do it.

What I've gathered over the years, is that talking to the TV gets 'worse' with age.

Edit: When's the repeat, I'm watching that again have a bit of a giggle, catch the posh woman's joke next time too.

Edit: Piers Morgan gets a regular 'telling' quite a few people interviewed on his show I like/interest me, can't watch it, because he's involved.
    unctuous, duplicitous, c***, gob$hite, just some of the words used when he pops up on-screen.
    Usually just tell him to F off you c***, he's yet to explain why he's allowed to be on my TV, I keep asking him though :)
    Ha! Just as well we're not flatmates the air would be navy never mind blue. Friends dont understand why I dont watch P Morgan interviews when I'm interested in the subject. Good to know its not just me. And when George Osborne's mug appears on the news! Sheesh! You wouldnt believe I'm usually a lady :o
    Love this programme...:D

And the Oscar joke.....:o
    Snigger! Loved that posh woman made it ok for the rest of us GS by stating before telling the joke that it was wrong :D BTW what was the snow like there this week?
    Must admit I'm loving the drunk posh couple, they should have a show all of their own. :D
    For truth. There's something hilarious about poshos pissed and sweary.

My favourites are the Asian fellas. Good value.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    So I only watched last weeks program purely because I knew the name Moh from rochdale. This is a guy who sends letter to the paper about how badly hes treated in the uk and how we should do more to help him and his wife. Local papers have said he gave up his job as hiw wife couldnt cope with all the kids. I dont know about that as we all know whats said in papers isnt always real. That said he wants his kids to have an education then keeps them up half the night. He wakes in the morning not knowing what kid is where and discipline is shouting and not much else. I feel so sorry for his 18yr old daughter. She wants to go to uni and better her prospects but isnt sure whats right as Dad cant get a job!!!! Who on earth would employ him??? Im not a good example thanks to illness but his tv behaviour was shamefull
  • Options
    BlurayBluray Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So I only watched last weeks program purely because I knew the name Moh from rochdale. This is a guy who sends letter to the paper about how badly hes treated in the uk and how we should do more to help him and his wife. Local papers have said he gave up his job as hiw wife couldnt cope with all the kids. I dont know about that as we all know whats said in papers isnt always real. That said he wants his kids to have an education then keeps them up half the night. He wakes in the morning not knowing what kid is where and discipline is shouting and not much else. I feel so sorry for his 18yr old daughter. She wants to go to uni and better her prospects but isnt sure whats right as Dad cant get a job!!!! Who on earth would employ him??? Im not a good example thanks to illness but his tv behaviour was shamefull

Did we watch the same programme?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bluray wrote: »
    Did we watch the same programme?

I think they are talking about 16 kids and counting :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sex wrote: »
    that's what i thought too...

i thought familes were selected to watch shows that they asked them to watch:confused:

I will have to look it up. I am sure that is how it was explained.

Just watching it again ... so funny :D
This discussion has been closed.