Options

Kids Screaming

Comments

• Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    When I was on the morning train to Paris last week, there were two toddlers screaming their lungs out. Thankfully they tired out within an hour, yet I couldn't get any shut eye. :(
  • Options
    AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    Re: BIB ~ I'm thankful to Christ above that I did. I couldn't live in a house with a screaming noisy kid round me. I like my peace and quiet too much.

Fortunately my GF has never wanted children, and at 39, is probably getting too old to bother anyway.

By the way, I stand and applaud your brutal honesty, unpopular though it is.
    There are a lot of people around who don't want children and choose not to have them, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with remaining child-free.

However, the poster on here who professes to hate his child, and is accusing his wife of entrapment by getting pregnant without his consent (despite contradictory evidence), really needs to withdraw from the child's life completely, or go to some parenting classes and learn how to be a father.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What makes it even worse is his wife is disabled and works full time while he looks after the child.

Poor wife poor child

Bloody hell.

I really hope he is winding us up. There are people in the world who can't have children and who'd make great parents and then there are those who dislike the ones that they are lucky to have.
  • Options
    missymorganmissymorgan Posts: 581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    Re: BIB ~ I'm thankful to Christ above that I did. I couldn't live in a house with a screaming noisy kid round me. I like my peace and quiet too much.

Fortunately my GF has never wanted children, and at 39, is probably getting too old to bother anyway.

By the way, I stand and applaud your brutal honesty, unpopular though it is.

Unfortunate choice of words given the link to another thread that seems to show honesty is perhaps not his strong point.

Taking as a general rather than specific case though, I think it is horrendous if a woman deliberately tries to get pregnant without the knowledge of the intended father.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AnitaS wrote: »
    There are a lot of people around who don't want children and choose not to have them, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with remaining child-free.

However, the poster on here who professes to hate his child, and is accusing his wife of entrapment by getting pregnant without his consent (despite contradictory evidence), really needs to withdraw from the child's life completely, or go to some parenting classes and learn how to be a father.

Well I agree with that. It can't be easy for his wife living with a guy who feels so uncomfortable around domesticity and his own child. It was incumbent on him to avoid getting into that situation in the first place.

I don't know anything about this poster's history, but if as people say, he is contradicting his earlier statements, then I withdraw the applause comment. In fact I'll delete it.
  • Options
    Vicky.Vicky. Posts: 5,948
    Forum Member
    The Wizard wrote: »
    Never wanted kids. Don't have the patience but wife was so determined to get pregnant she came off the pill without telling me. Hook or by crook she was gonna have one. I never wanted kids and even though she knew this before hand she still went ahead with it against my wishes.
    I'm so sick with worry. My other half just found out last night she's pregnant. We haven't had it officially confirmed yet by our GP but she was late by about a week so we bought a Clear Blue tester which came up right away. Usually you have to wait 2 minutes for the result but this was a very quick, clear reading and when I went to see my GP today to make her an appointment they said that if a test is that positive then it's unlikely that's she not pregnant.

We're really worried cos even though we both want kids it's come too soon and i'm currently still out of work.

She came off the pill just before Christmas due to being ill.[ I've always been told that when you've been on the pill for years it's not that easy to get pregnant right away so we thought we'd got a few months grace. At least enough time for me to settle into married life and find myself a full time job. Now we're both worrying due to circumstances and we don't feel ready yet, more so financially but partly because my wife has dwarfism and we wanted to go through the checks first before trying in case there's any complications. I don't know whether she'll decide to keep it or terminate but either way I'll back her whatever decision she makes. It's not as if we wouldn't have done eventually, it's just come as a shock and we would have wanted a bit more time for us to at least get settled into married life first.

Indeed :rolleyes:
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For balance: It is possible that the poster was 'trying to make the best of it, and being 'loyal' to his wife in the first post'. And then more honest in the second.

Children are very hard work, we're not all cut out for it.
  • Options
    Admiral StarAdmiral Star Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For balance: It is possible that the poster was 'trying to make the best of it, and being 'loyal' to his wife in the first post'. And then more honest in the second.

Children are very hard work, we're not all cut out for it.

Sounds like he has been caught out in a lie to me.
  • Options
    The FBIThe FBI Posts: 2,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long before the evidence is deleted, much like the admission of hitting his wife was.....
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It can get annoying at times when my nephews come to visit.
  • Options
    Vicky.Vicky. Posts: 5,948
    Forum Member

I dont see how his wife purposely trapped him with a baby when they apparently thought he was infertile
  • Options
    leopard_printleopard_print Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the sound of kids screaming...dunno if it sounds different to me with my hearing deficiency but it sends daggers through my head and I just want to yell at them to be quiet!
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Taking as a general rather than specific case though, I think it is horrendous if a woman deliberately tries to get pregnant without the knowledge of the intended father.

I don't disagree however it never ceases to amaze me how many people are willing to let the other person have the control over such a monumental and life-changing thing. If you really don't want kids then don't put yourself in a situation where the choice is out of your hands!
  • Options
    AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vicky. wrote: »
    I dont see how his wife purposely trapped him with a baby when they apparently thought he was infertile
    Where does he say he thought he was infertile? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AnitaS wrote: »
    Where does he say he thought he was infertile? :confused:

Further down the linked thread where he also talks about he and his previous wife tried for children.
  • Options
    The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, very odd. He also says that rather than being deliberately deceitful his wife had stopped taking the pill because she was ill.

Because it wasn't until after she fell pregnant that she told me she'd stopped taking the pill because she was I'll and was like, 'well that's news to me' and she said that I was aware of it at the time but I don't remember her telling me until after the event. It wasn't supposed to have happened like that and I was like, 'yeah maybe we will one day lets see' mainly to try and stop her from pressurizing me. Every time I told her I didn't want kids it ended up in an argument so in order to play it down in the end I just kept saying, we'll see maybe in the near future but I'm not ready right now'. Then out of the blue it happened and I panicked. I didn't feel ready for it and felt like I hadn't even been consulted on the matter.

I didn't take precautions because at the time I didn't actually think I was capable of having any children having had unprotected sex on a few occasions in the past where nothing came of it.

I did warm to the idea of having kids years ago but after my breakdown in 2008 and my anxiety set in I didn't think I'd be able to deal with a child and to be fair I've never really been very paternal but didn't want to start a family at a time when my stress levels were at an all time high. I probably did and have changed my mind on it over the years but I think I still should have been giving more notice than to have something like that sprung upon me like that especially when I'd already told her that I wasn't ready yet. But she seemed determined to get pregnant hook or by crook and even now she talks about having another one but I've told her absolutely no chance.
  • Options
    Admiral StarAdmiral Star Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't you notice if your wife was ill? You said you both wanted kids in that other thread.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because it wasn't until after she fell pregnant that she told me she'd stopped taking the pill because she was I'll and was like, 'well that's news to me' and she said that I was aware of it at the time but I don't remember her telling me until after the event. It wasn't supposed to have happened like that and I was like, 'yeah maybe we will one day lets see' mainly to try and stop her from pressurizing me. Every time I told her I didn't want kids it ended up in an argument so in order to play it down in the end I just kept saying, we'll see maybe in the near future but I'm not ready right now. Then out if the blue it happened and I panicked. I didn't feel ready for it.

So you lied to get to shut her up and how your son is suffering. What a man.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    Is there a worse thing on earth? it really grates on my nerves. Right now the horrible little brat next door is screaming and screaming and screaming as if its being murdered (its a girl but i'll call it an it cos i hate it,boys are better) the parents seem to be just not doing anything, not even telling it to shut up or anything. if it was mine i'd tell gag it!

There's no noise worse than the high-pitched shriek of a kid having a tantrum. I was in Tesco the other day and a few aisles away a kid was clearly having a major tantrum. It was squealing and shrieking as loudly as it could. I've not heard anything like it. It made shopping even more of an ordeal than it normally is.
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    Because it wasn't until after she fell pregnant that she told me she'd stopped taking the pill because she was I'll and was like, 'well that's news to me' and she said that I was aware of it at the time but I don't remember her telling me until after the event. It wasn't supposed to have happened like that and I was like, 'yeah maybe we will one day lets see' mainly to try and stop her from pressurizing me. Every time I told her I didn't want kids it ended up in an argument so in order to play it down in the end I just kept saying, we'll see maybe in the near future but I'm not ready right now. Then out if the blue it happened and I panicked. I didn't feel ready for it.
    Yet is sounds so different in your other thread.

We're really worried cos even though we both want kids it's come too soon and i'm currently still out of work.

She came off the pill just before Christmas due to being ill.

It's not as if we wouldn't have done eventually, it's just come as a shock and we would have wanted a bit more time for us to at least get settled into married life first.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because it wasn't until after she fell pregnant that she told me she'd stopped taking the pill because she was I'll and was like, 'well that's news to me' and she said that I was aware of it at the time but I don't remember her telling me until after the event. It wasn't supposed to have happened like that and I was like, 'yeah maybe we will one day lets see' mainly to try and stop her from pressurizing me. Every time I told her I didn't want kids it ended up in an argument so in order to play it down in the end I just kept saying, we'll see maybe in the near future but I'm not ready right now'. Then out of the blue it happened and I panicked. I didn't feel ready for it and felt like I hadn't even been consulted on the matter.

I didn't take precautions because at the time I didn't actually think I was capable of having any children having had unprotected sex on a few occasions in the past where nothing came of it.

I did warm to the idea of having kids years ago but after my breakdown in 2008 and my anxiety set in I didn't think I'd be able to deal with a child and to be fair I've never really been very paternal but didn't want to start a family at a time when my stress levels were at an all time high. I probably did and have changed my mind on it over the years but I think I still should have been giving more notice than to have something like that sprung upon me like that especially when I'd already told her that I wasn't ready yet. But she seemed determined to get pregnant hook or by crook and even now she talks about having another one but I've told her absolutely no chance.
    Why are you trying to carry on the lies?

You've been caught out spectacularly. Any tiny shred of credibility that you still had with anyone on here will surely now be destroyed.

Your next flounce is due now. Off you go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So what was the 'I was told it could take a while when you come off the pill so thought we would have a few months grace' about if you claim not to have known she stopped taking it.
  • Options
    Xela MXela M Posts: 4,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow I'm really surprised by what The Wizard has written. I remember he often posted lovingly about his son who is disabled too. :(
  • Options
    Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's no noise worse than the high-pitched shriek of a kid having a tantrum. I was in Tesco the other day and a few aisles away a kid was clearly having a major tantrum. It was squealing and shrieking as loudly as it could. I've not heard anything like it. It made shopping even more of an ordeal than it normally is.
    LOL, I'm finding the noises my neighbours are making at the moment worse than a shrieking kid, also when they do repairs on the railway line near my house and there's constant clattering of metal and angle-grinders on for half the night, often followed by a huge delay on the trains the next morning! :o
  • Options
    Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor poor little mite

all the posts about how he doesn't think his parents are fit to look after the child, looks like they might be the only people who actually care.

Having a child is tough but the way that was all expressed chills me to the marrow.