Will we get new Coaches?

21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
Forum Member
Looking ahead to next year and if we get a third series, do you think all four coaches will return?

I'm doubtful that Jessie and Tom will be back (Jessie's stated that she's out off work on her second album to focus on the voice, whilst Sir Tom said he had no interest taking part if Jessie wasn't next to him)

Couple that with will.i.am (allegedly) being approached for a similar role in the USA, we could be down at least three coaches.

If you had to introduce a revised panel, who would you include in it and why?

Mine would be-

Lenny Kravitz- A Grammy winning rock vocalist with soul/ funk roots, the show needs a Coach with serious rock credentials.

Tinie Tempah- Probably the biggest name in British hip-hop and an experienced producer and songwriter too. Could add a credible edge to the show.

Kylie Minogue- She was alleged the judge they were chasing for Series 1, and I think having her on the panel would be a dream come true for producers. She has warmth, talent and an incredibly high profile.

Will Young- I was torn for my last choice but went for Will as I think he'd take the job if offered, has a fabulous voice and has first hand experience of prevailing in a TV talent show. Would be a very interesting signing.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Jessie is most likely gone, but they could probably persuade Tom to stay if they got someone he might recognize as a talent. I also think either Will or Danny will be gone. Here would be my idea of a suitable line-up

If Danny and Jessie leave

Mika - Similar level of fame as Danny, would have had some experience on the Italian X Factor.
    Tom Jones - Has much improved this season
    Florence Welch - Even more talented than Jessie, but would give the more indie/rock edge lost with Danny
    will.i.am - Improved like Tom might be more interesting to see him interact with someone other than Jessie

If will.i.am and Jessie leave

Danny
    Kylie Minogue - with Will lost the show could do with another international star
    Tom Jones
    Mika

if all but Tom Leave

Mika
    Kylie Minogue
    Tom Jones
    Florence Welch - be interesting to see two women on the panel
  • NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danisfunny wrote: »
    I think Jessie is most likely gone, but they could probably persuade Tom to stay if they got someone he might recognize as a talent. I also think either Will or Danny will be gone. Here would be my idea of a suitable line-up

If Danny and Jessie leave

Mika - Similar level of fame as Danny, would have had some experience on the Italian X Factor.
    Tom Jones - Has much improved this season
    Florence Welch - Even more talented than Jessie, but would give the more indie/rock edge lost with Danny
    will.i.am - Improved like Tom might be more interesting to see him interact with someone other than Jessie

If will.i.am and Jessie leave

Danny
    Kylie Minogue - with Will lost the show could do with another international star
    Tom Jones
    Mika

if all but Tom Leave

Mika
    Kylie Minogue
    Tom Jones
    Florence Welch - be interesting to see two women on the panel

No the format goes 1 female 3 males it's how it's been for ages
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Niiiiiiik wrote: »
    No the format goes 1 female 3 males it's how it's been for ages

That's how it's been 'for ages'? Only in the UK and US it has. Take The Voice of Ireland for example - two men and two women. The male-female ratio doesn't have to be anything.
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps the UK could steal Seal form TV Australia.
  • NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's how it's been 'for ages'? Only in the UK and US it has. Take The Voice of Ireland for example - two men and two women. The male-female ratio doesn't have to be anything.

Voice Australia voice of holland the voice of Ireland is one of the only exceptions
  • daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    I think there might be a change next year, although I'd quite like to see all four back again. The names the OP mention wouldn't appeal to me, although Lenny Kravitz does seem an intriguing choice.

In a dream world, I'd have a panel of -

Brandon Flowers
    Adele
    Justin Timberlake
    Joss Stone

I think names like Will Young, Jamie Cullum, Ed Sheeran, Emeli Sande etc. are probably more likely.
    Niiiiiiik wrote: »
    Voice Australia voice of holland the voice of Ireland is one of the only exceptions

Yes, but because The Voice of Ireland has 2 female coaches suggests that it doesn't have to be a 3 males/1 female panel - which is what you implied.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joss Stone would be a disaster.

Look, the one thing The Voice has got right is the judges. Like them or hate them, they have formed a form of unity and chemistry that other judging shows have not yet got. When did the X Factor have the same panel for two years running?

Leave the panel alone.
  • SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    I'm happy with it as it is, and my understanding is the job is theirs so long as they want it and can commit to it (barring some other serious issue). I wouldn't want to say too much about who I'd want on there instead unless one of them was leaving.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    The mentions of Seal are interesting. He's a great Coach on the Aussie version, and if Sir Tom were to ever leave we should try and get Seal as the "veteran" artist on the panel.

A real dream would be Pink- I know she's offered every show going but how great would it be if she was a Coach? She's got a great sense of humour and seems very passionate about music. If I were recasting, she'd be my top pick
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The mentions of Seal are interesting. He's a great Coach on the Aussie version, and if Sir Tom were to ever leave we should try and get Seal as the "veteran" artist on the panel.

A real dream would be Pink- I know she's offered every show going but how great would it be if she was a Coach? She's got a great sense of humour and seems very passionate about music. If I were recasting, she'd be my top pick

She said she would never in a million years take a judging job on a singing show, so you are out of luck.
  • droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »

Look, the one thing The Voice has got right is the judges. Like them or hate them, they have formed a form of unity and chemistry that other judging shows have not yet got. When did the X Factor have the same panel for two years running?

Leave the panel alone.

I agree with that. The great thing about the panel is that they are young(ish) and relevant - Tom (being ageless) kind of emphasises that.

I can't honestly think of a better panel.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 456
    Forum Member
    They need to get rid of Jessie and Danny in my humble opinion.

Will young and Brendan Flowers would be great replacements.

Kylie even better although unlikely.
  • umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I would like to see ALL four coaches return for series 3 of The Voice UK. I have enjoyed the pannel immensely over the first two series. The coaches have a great rapport and chemistry with one another.... it's obvious they all have great respect for each other but then they are also rivals as well which is great fun to watch. It's so refreshing to see a TV singing competition where all four coaches are hugely talented and respected artists in their own rights and very credible.
  • maggie_07maggie_07 Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    umr3000 wrote: »
    Personally I would like to see ALL four coaches return for series 3 of The Voice UK. I have enjoyed the pannel immensely over the first two series. The coaches have a great rapport and chemistry with one another.... it's obvious they all have great respect for each other but then they are also rivals as well which is great fun to watch. It's so refreshing to see a TV singing competition where all four coaches are hugely talented and respected artists in their own rights and very credible.

I agree with everything you have said - I would love to see all 4 coaches return. The contestants obviously have a lot of respect for all of them.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As it sounds like Tulisa's being dropped from The X Factor, perhaps the BBC will snap her up! Ha.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope all four return.
  • anna42hmranna42hmr Posts: 2,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    I hope all four return.

Same here, would be a shame if they changed it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I too hope all four return. They have great chemistry and they're all very likeable. I've gone off Jessie a bit this year. She's been less likeable and takes everything far too personally whereas the others have a laugh with eachother. I'm hoping she'll improve in the live shows though because I loved her before The Voice and in the first series.

I'm hoping all four stay. If we had to lose one, I'd choose Jessie.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,975
    Forum Member
    jackbell wrote: »

Leave the panel alone.

For series 1-3 and 5-7 with three of the judges continuing from series 4 into 5.. The Sugababe-style replacements only happens series 8-onwards
  • ratty0ratty0 Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I like Will, Jessie and Danny. And if they change someone I'd hope it was Tom. I realise this is a controversial opinion!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    Will Young would make a great judge and was originally offered it, but after they way treated him and dropped him for Danny, I doubt he'd do it.
  • junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think my panel would be

1. Kylie, very likable and I think would be great for the show.
    2. Dave Grohl, think he'd be ok to have for Dannies role.
    3. Nelly Furtado, seems are really talented and nice personality.
    4. Paolo Nutini, cool guy who has a real passion for music and give a unique edge.

I would also have in the battle rounds the audience to have a button a or b and they choose who they think is the best, this would be much more fairer and give more interaction.
  • SoggyFroggySoggyFroggy Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amyy. wrote: »
    Will Young would make a great judge and was originally offered it, but after they way treated him and dropped him for Danny, I doubt he'd do it.

Oh really, didn't hear about this. That's a shame. He would have been pretty good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Leonard Cohen
    Espen Lind
    Kimberly Perry
    Nate Ruess

None of them are English but I can't think of any good English musicians.