Hear Hear! :D

Yes, indeed. :D

'Gloria: My Life'

Please make it so ITV bigwigs! :cool:;)
  • momma11momma11 Posts: 3,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    I obviously can't speak for anyone other than myself, but other posters who like Pete have also said they'd prefer to see the children withdrawn from filming. I've enjoyed seeing them in the past because they're delightful but I don't tune in to see them. I think the amount they are filmed is overstated and the way in which they're featured has noticeably changed since CAN TV stopped filming. I did some time testing on the series before last and the children were on screen for an average of 5 mins per episode. Episodes which involve a family outing are obviously a different case but then there's episodes like the Kenyan safari where they don't appear at all apart from a brief phone call. Emily is clearly filling up the gap. I don't think she was given an ultimatum that she had to appear, it's something they discussed and agreed on to enable them to spend more time together. But as Cyril has pointed out previously, Pete needs to have people to bounce off so it's helped him greatly to have Emily alongside him and it's infinitely preferable to CP.

But I think he's had a jolly good run with the reality show and should give it up now and enjoy his privacy with Emily and the kids. Sounds like the 60MM filming is going really well so hopefully that will open new doors for him and I'm sure he'll be able to keep the wolf from the door. The reality work has given him opportunities but it's increasingly become a stick to beat him with so I'll be glad to see that stop.

What she said ^^
    Also , I'm in the middle of a family barbique and have partaken of much very nice wine , so am not able to be taken seriously at the mo' , will get back to you all when I am sober .:D
    carry on without me ! :D
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    momma11 wrote: »
    What she said ^^
    Also , I'm in the middle of a family barbique and have partaken of much very nice wine , so am not able to be taken seriously at the mo' , will get back to you all when I am sober .:D

Enjoy your BBQ Momma ..
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    momma11 wrote: »
    What she said ^^

:D:D:D Very jealous Momma - it's grey and miserable here. I think your tipsy posting would be far more entertaining than sober and serious discussion but we should let you concentrate on having fun with the fam so look forward to your thoughts later. :)
  • quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »
    Oh it funny that fans of PA blamed the kids behaviour on their mother not DOTY?

So fans accept that the cameras on their's faces all times and in many Magazines?

Wow....
    I believe I held both parents accountable and both are photographed with them.
    PA has them on his Tv show and this may give them an overinflated sense of importance. It also removes their anonymity and makes life tougher for them. He should not have them on, no excuses.How would he replace them, the answer is dont Give up the RTv show, as it has run its course and is boring. After 5 minutes of watching it on youtube, I turned it off. I like PA but not all of his behaviour or choices. He has been in the wrong plenty of times and has a petulant immature side.

KP introduces new dodgy men into their lives one after the other and puts herself first at all times.Then the kids attach and no sooner has this happened, than KP gets bored and they never see them again. Very emotionally damaging for kids and leaves them with trust and attachment issues. She is just as guilty of exploiting her kids as her ex.

Neither deserves any parent of the year awards and both are irresponsible, shallow people. Those kids are no different to most kids which is down to the nannies and maybe Grand ma but look how she brought KP up, so maybe just the nannies.

Maybe we should not be judging young children on an edited RTV show or at all. They are kids. after all and no child or adult is perfect.
  • Val_BeamVal_Beam Posts: 3,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some men can't handle losing their hair.. Peters brothers all have receeding hair so it's obviously a family thing..
    Peter is just trying to keep it as long as he can ;)
    If it's a family thing,peter must take after his dad,he has a full head of hair,and he's in his 80's:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was not questioning either parents ..parental skills.. The other poster was putting the blame at their mothers feet ..and hers alone..that is unfair . All kids misbehave at times ..that's normal. But judging from what ive seen ( Ella asked me to watch a few clips of juniors behaviour ) I believe junior is being affected in a negative way by the camera presence. It's like he is putting on a display because that's what is expected of him. His father should reign this in or stop having his kids on his show before its to late.
    I believe both parents love their kids ..but we haven't seen Katie's children with her on her shows for 4 years so can't judge what behaviour she allows in her home

Junior and Princess in the past posing like a model/showing off from the begining, even in Kate's show. Nothing has changed, both copying/copied mum and dad. We have seen Harvey on TV shows, Harvey hates cameras and she allowed him to be shown. Katie only pulled the kids of show to get at Peter, while protesting the reason she allows Harvey to be shown is to educate, utter nonsense! If Katie was offered millions to return to TV with the kids involved she would do it, we all know this.

They are children doing what children do. It's reality, real life. They both seem to have brought up normal behaving children that know they are very much loved by both patents. You may hold the belief but Peter and Katie are the children's parents and they know what's best for the children. I will reitarate if Katie was offered millions she would...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what people say..Gloria deserves her own show
    Not really,all she does is stand at the sink lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I obviously can't speak for anyone other than myself, but other posters who like Pete have also said they'd prefer to see the children withdrawn from filming. I've enjoyed seeing them in the past because they're delightful but I don't tune in to see them. I think the amount they are filmed is overstated and the way in which they're featured has noticeably changed since CAN TV stopped filming. I did some time testing on the series before last and the children were on screen for an average of 5 mins per episode. Episodes which involve a family outing are obviously a different case but then there's episodes like the Kenyan safari where they don't appear at all apart from a brief phone call. Emily is clearly filling up the gap. I don't think she was given an ultimatum that she had to appear, it's something they discussed and agreed on to enable them to spend more time together. But as Cyril has pointed out previously, Pete needs to have people to bounce off so it's helped him greatly to have Emily alongside him and it's infinitely preferable to CP.

But I think he's had a jolly good run with the reality show and should give it up now and enjoy his privacy with Emily and the kids. Sounds like the 60MM filming is going really well so hopefully that will open new doors for him and I'm sure he'll be able to keep the wolf from the door. The reality work has given him opportunities but it's increasingly become a stick to beat him with so I'll be glad to see that stop.
    I agree 100% it is time he moved on now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    quasimoron wrote: »
    Both parents accountable.

Both are irresponsible, shallow people. Those kids are no different to most kids.

Maybe we should not be judging young children on an edited RTV show or at all. They are kids. after all and no child or adult is perfect.

Agree
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Val_Beam wrote: »
    Not really,all she does is stand at the sink lol

Yes, she's a very sweet lady but hardly show-worthy.

The only reason Gloria stands out as a breath of fresh air in that sham of a show is because she's the only person in it that hasn't been CANified. :cool:
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know about his fans, but I would like to see them replaced with more Gloria. :cool: :cool:

The children should be removed from the show entirely IMO. ........... I can not see it happening though (more's the pity)

I'm showing my complete ignorance again, but who is Gloria? The nanny?
    Is she incredibly attractive?

It's interesting how many of those who like PA think that the children should be removed from the series - it does seem to indicate that there has been a certain amount of miscalculation on the part of PA/CAN/producers, about the content of the show.
    It doesn't seem that likely that Emily will be able to fill the gap.
    Surely just on practical terms - she'll be at uni for a great deal of time and whilst in my opinion she is rather fonder of the limelight than is entirely healthy, she must at some point want to spend some private time with PA, without the film crew and that bloody CP woman.
    Hopefully the 60mm thing will go well, and it will finally give PA the incentive to drop the children from filming completely.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

His Filipino housekeeper. Very sweet, very natural, very self-sufficient, no needy tendancies, not too keen on the cameras, likes to get on with her job despite DOTY constantly trying to engage her and make her tell him how brilliant/funny/perfect he is.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

It's interesting how many of those who like PA think that the children should be removed from the series - it does seem to indicate that there has been a certain amount of miscalculation on the part of PA/CAN/producers, about the content of the show.
    It doesn't seem that likely that Emily will be able to fill the gap.
    Surely just on practical terms - she'll be at uni for a great deal of time and whilst in my opinion she is rather fonder of the limelight than is entirely healthy, she must at some point want to spend some private time with PA, without the film crew and that bloody CP woman.
    Hopefully the 60mm thing will go well, and it will finally give PA the incentive to drop the children from filming completely.

Gloria is the housekeeper and exactly how Lexi has described her above.

She spends half her time trying to extract herself from the camera's view and anybody that is on camera (Pete) :) She seems a very shy lady and always shuns the limelight. :) I think she's great! :cool:
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    His Filipino housekeeper. Very sweet, very natural, very self-sufficient, no needy tendancies, not too keen on the cameras, likes to get on with her job despite DOTY constantly trying to engage her and make her tell him how brilliant/funny/perfect he is.

It amuses me that she's constantly trying to get away from him. He tries to get her to engage in conversation and she wants none of it, just wants to be left alone and DOTY just won't have it.

He even mused in the last(?) episode of his show, as he put his case into the boot of the car, "I'm sure Gloria thinks I'm weird..." :(
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe he is follically challenged .. And is making sure we don't notice ;)

I think that by putting it straight and sticking up its giving him an extra inch of height against Emily. But I agree with other posters, it looks ok curly rather than styled like a shop dummy
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member

He does do that doesn't he plus he's forever trying to get her to hug him, wherever do you see an employer begging to be hugged by an employee:confused: Pete at his needy best, thankfully the lovely Gloria is having none of it, in fact she probably would like nothing better than to tell him to bugger right off!
    Gloria is the housekeeper and exactly how Lexi has described her above.

She spends half her time trying to extract herself from the camera's view and anybody that is on camera (Pete) :) She seems a very shy lady and always shuns the limelight. :) I think she's great! :cool:

I'm with you Jimmy, even though she is a lady of few words, I would love to see more of her, she seems delightful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pete needs to have people to bounce off so it's helped him greatly to have Emily alongside him and it's infinitely preferable to CP.
    .... without the film crew and that bloody CP woman.

:eek: How funny! For me she's the most 'interesting' person on that show!! If I had my way it would be just PA and CP. :D

I love watching her and Pete's interaction. It's very... educational.... ;)
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: How funny! For me she's the most 'interesting' person on that show!! If I had my way it would be just PA and CP. :D

I think there is something really creepy about their relationship.
    As far as I understand it, she is his employee - but I always get the impression she's constantly torn between acting like his surrogate mother and wanting to rip his clothes off.
    Ugh.

(Gloria sounds absolutely lovely btw - she must deserve some sort of medal for putting up with PA's nonsense).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, she's a very sweet lady but hardly show-worthy.

The only reason Gloria stands out as a breath of fresh air in that sham of a show is because she's the only person in it that hasn't been CANified. :cool:
    Can't argue with that lexi x
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think there is something really creepy about their relationship.
    As far as I understand it, she is his employee - but I always get the impression she's constantly torn between acting like his surrogate mother and wanting to rip his clothes off.
    Ugh.

(Gloria sounds absolutely lovely btw - she must deserve some sort of medal for putting up with PA's nonsense).

I've always thought she had an unusual relationship with him.. I know hey are friends but she always gives me the impression she wants to be more than his manager to him
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm with you Lexi, oh I remember the old days, CP lining up PA for the money shot with a surprise announcement (with him pretending its the first time he has heard it and not rehearsed 10 times).

A CP warts and all programme would be far more interesting than PA, imagine filming meetings and phone calls with Dan Wootton trying to spin things in the next mag deal for DOTY:D Her fury if KP gets a front page, telling clients such as Amy Childs and Gemma whatshername how wonderful they look but a little more botox would just improve things. Whilst she should be working for her clients, its the other way around.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My brother has a fine head of curly hair ( always jealous cos mine is straight :o) but when you look closely it's quite receeding on the sides at the top .. Maybe Mr Andre is the same

My hair is naturally poker straight. It's also very fine meaning I spend most of my life trying to give it volume. I would kill for thick curly hair :(

As for Andre can someone tell him the 90s called and they want their hair back??? I get the feeling all that hair wax may have melted his brain somewhat
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cazzz wrote: »
    I'm with you Lexi, oh I remember the old days, CP lining up PA for the money shot with a surprise announcement (with him pretending its the first time he has heard it and not rehearsed 10 times).

A CP warts and all programme would be far more interesting than PA, imagine filming meetings and phone calls with Dan Wootton trying to spin things in the next mag deal for DOTY:D Her fury if KP gets a front page, telling clients such as Amy Childs and Gemma whatshername how wonderful they look but a little more botox would just improve things. Whilst she should be working for her clients, its the other way around.

I think that would be a ratings winner. Far more so then saint dad of year
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cazzz wrote: »

cazzz this is brilliant - I dont watch PA shows, but I would defo watch this. I'm another who thinks their relationship is really creepy and I bet she is completely different off-camera.

LOL @SenseiSam timing the kids in the episodes - that's above and beyond dedication to these discussions ! :D
This discussion has been closed.