Options

Me and my girlfriend split up :(

13»

Comments

• Options
    wenchwench Posts: 8,928
    Forum Member
    following on from my thread.... we have been chatting for the past few days etc and it seems fine. we are going meet up tonight and go for a run in the car. should i keep the convo light and don't discuss our problems too much? or just pretend this is like a first date again that type of thing?

hard to give advice when we dont know why she dumped you in the first place.
  • Options
    megatron_manmegatron_man Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she had come back from 3 week holiday and she did not miss me and said it felt strange between us and thought we should end it...
  • Options
    wenchwench Posts: 8,928
    Forum Member
    she had come back from 3 week holiday and she did not miss me and said it felt strange between us and thought we should end it...

Sounds to me she had "fun" with someone else and hence why she didn't miss you much.
    Now she's back and all alone she wants your attention.

Either way I think she's a fickle woman who frankly doesn't deserve you if she can toss you aside after 3 weeks of absence.
  • Options
    JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    wench wrote: »
    Sounds to me she had "fun" with someone else and hence why she didn't miss you much.

Either way I think she's a fickle woman who frankly doesn't deserve you if she can toss you aside after 3 weeks of absence.

This. Don't go for a 'run in the car' (is that a euphemism for something?). In fact, cut off all contact and move on. She shagged someone else, or came close to it, and she'll do it again if you get back together.
  • Options
    Big PoyBig Poy Posts: 7,484
    Forum Member
    Tbf it sounds like your both about 16, if this is a genuine story.

Move on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wench wrote: »

My thoughts exactly. I just wasn't able to express them so tactfully.

Thankfully JulesF was closer to my phrasing. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big Poy wrote: »
    Tbf it sounds like your both about 16, if this is a genuine story.

Move on.

this is a genuine story and we are both in our 20's

its easy to say move on.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My thoughts exactly. I just wasn't able to express them so tactfully.

Thankfully JulesF was closer to my phrasing. :D

:D

It's far too hot to be tactful today.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    this is a genuine story and we are both in our 20's

its easy to say move on.....

Yeah, I know it's not easy, and I feel for you. But the longer this goes on, the harder it will be. It really sounds from this thread (and your previous thread, when you were worried about her going away) that it's just not going to work out between you two. Sorry, mate.:(
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like its been over in her head for a while and she used this holiday to create the break period. Always better just to be honest but everything is done for a reason! I also think that you knew it was over too, if I'm honest (from you previous thread!).

Move on, don't go backwards...it'll hurt like a son of a bitch for a few weeks but it'll pass!

Don't write a letter, bad idea! If you don't get a response then it'll eat you up and you may be compelled to contact her again and again and without realising it, you're verging on harassment and the very opposite to what you want to achieve!
  • Options
    ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know it's a bit off topic, but what does "go for a run in the car" mean? Are you taking the car somewhere and then going for a run? Or running to the car? Or does it just mean going for a drive?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    going for a drive
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Have you or are you going to ask her if she met someone on holiday? Maybe she did and since being home this guy has told her there is no chance for them and now she is looking at you again.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    times a great healer/plenty more fish in the sea, a kick in the head is worth eight in the pants
  • Options
    NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    Billy_Value, I agree with this. Don't let her pull the strings, that's an awful thing to tell you after 3 weeks away. She has had a taste for freedom, if she has bored so easily, its not a great omen exactly.