Doc Martin (Part 16 — Spoilers)

Comments

• mmDerdekeammDerdekea Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe it airs at 9 pm next Monday in the UK, 5 pm EDT, 2 pm PDT.

Does ITV usually immediately put it up on its website, after the showing?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NewPark wrote: »
    4 p.m. EDT, 1 pm PDT

THANK YOU for the correction!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    mmDerdekea wrote: »
    Does ITV usually immediately put it up on its website, after the showing?

Usually about 15-30 mins afterwards.
  • SusieSagitariusSusieSagitarius Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it's on ITV at 9PM. I might watch it again on ITV+1 straight after :D

The TV Guide articles come out tomorrow. There might be new promo pictures in the mags. I shall keep an eye out

I don't know how you could help but watch it right again, leanne. Be right over! (I wish...):)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The other day I read this quote by Robert Pattinson: "Sometimes I ask myself what these masses of people do the whole day. "They sit in front of their computers and comment on anything having to do with 'Twilight.'" He noticed us! Squeeee!"
    I can't imagine anyone being like that, can you?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 330
    Forum Member
    Having seen the announcement for the first episode on the ITV webpage, I guess we know now why DM is looking so tense in the church:

"Martin is irritated by PC Penhale, who wrongly assumes he is best man, and Louisa is running late. The vicar has his doubts as to whether she will turn up, putting Martin even more on edge."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know how you could help but watch it right again, leanne. Be right over! (I wish...):)

I'm with you, Susie! Wish I could transport myself from the US West Coast across the pond so I could watch DM live with my UK friends. :)
  • MofromcoMofromco Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm with you, Susie! Wish I could transport myself from the US West Coast across the pond so I could watch DM live with my UK friends. :)

Me too....sigh. I still have to decide how much I want to know. I'll probably cave and read everything. I wish we could all find out at the same time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    It's been a while since I posted here - but what with the new series coming our way I decided it was a good time to start rewatching from the beginning, and try and catch up again (and refresh my memory!) before Series 6 starts early September. :)

I've just watched Series 1 - 2 and have finished them off with On The Edge this evening. I used to dislike this episode because it has a different feel to it, partially because of its length but partially because it wasn't filmed in summer and Port Isaac doesn't look quite as nice as it usually does. But when I rewatched it this evening I actually quite enjoyed it - it's almost a Doc Martin movie in its own right.

Anyway, moving forward with Series 3 tomorrow and I can't wait for Series 6 next month. :)

I’m preparing by rewatching all the old episodes, too. One thing I really love are lines that only gain meaning after you’ve seen the whole arc of the story. For example, there a nice bit in S1.E3 where Al is speaking to DM (about Bert): “If he means it, he should say it… To me”. But after I’d seen the castle scene in S5E8, that resonated in a whole new way…
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conniej wrote: »

I knew it! I somehow knew they would do this. I'm quite happy to hear it and can't wait to see it! Even though we heard him say said he didn't, DM never said he couldn't. :)
    He does disclose that the Doc turns out to be a revelation on the dance floor, remarking: “It’s beautiful, Louisa’s the clumsy one.”
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In those videos of Buckham Fair, MC seems to have gained some weight back. He wasn't the skinny fellow we saw early on in filming, but more normal MC sized. He said he had lost 3 stone (42 lbs) since January, but he's now back to a typical weight it seems. Is that what others saw?
  • SusieSagitariusSusieSagitarius Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew it! I somehow knew they would do this. I'm quite happy to hear it and can't wait to see it! Even though we heard him say said he didn't, DM never said he couldn't. :)
    He does disclose that the Doc turns out to be a revelation on the dance floor, remarking: “It’s beautiful, Louisa’s the clumsy one.”
    Can't wait to see the dance. I just saw MC in another movie I'd never seen and he was dancing and oh, bestill my heart....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    Conniej wrote: »

Oh how sweet. Thanks Conniej! I really can't wait now and I'm really excited to see how it all plays out :D

I have found another little article. No new photos but DOES contain one spoiler that will answer a few recent questions ;)
    http://www.tvchoicemagazine.co.uk/interviewextra/martin-clunes-doc-martin-0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From MC about DM: "He has a nervous breakdown… slowly." :( Okay, you therapists out there: what kind of romance can one have while experiencing a nervous breakdown? Is this another version of "Okay, you wanted them together, so there?"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Episode Two Synopsis is available at the ITV Press Centre, but embargoed from press use until the 3rd September.

Here ya go!

Contains SPOILERS....obviously!
  • NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From MC about DM: "He has a nervous breakdown… slowly." :( Okay, you therapists out there: what kind of romance can one have while experiencing a nervous breakdown? Is this another version of "Okay, you wanted them together, so there?"
    Mommy dearest shows up at THE WEDDING?:eek::eek::eek: They not going to cut us a break at all, romantically speaking, are they.

I would guess that on the whole, someone experiencing a "Nervous breakdown" -- whatever that means in this context -- does not have very much emotional energy left over for romance. Maybe here it means a kind of agitated depression. Loss of sexual interest is often one aspect of depression
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,298
    Forum Member
    Lots of positive media coverage in the papers and magazines I've read over the weekend ahead of the new series. The first episode synopsis reads brilliantly! I am really interested to find out how the characters continue to develop. 6 days to go!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In those videos of Buckham Fair, MC seems to have gained some weight back. He wasn't the skinny fellow we saw early on in filming, but more normal MC sized. He said he had lost 3 stone (42 lbs) since January, but he's now back to a typical weight it seems. Is that what others saw?

The hardest part of dieting is maintenance, isn' it. I did think he looked rather gaunt at the start of filming and glad to see some weight back on -- if the big weight loss is a result of illness, I think it comes back on pretty fast.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I said a long time ago that he could do it. He obviously lied years ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just downloaded and saved the Doc Martin Series 6 press pack... and will not read it! :)

Weird, but that's me. I can wait.

Rob
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mofromco wrote: »
    I said a long time ago that he could do it. He obviously lied years ago.
    We discussed this a while ago. He actually said he COULDN'T dance not that he DIDN'T dance. It was a bald faced lie as suspected. All public school boys go to cotillion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlooSky wrote: »
    Oh how sweet. Thanks Conniej! I really can't wait now and I'm really excited to see how it all plays out :D

I have found another little article. No new photos but DOES contain one spoiler that will answer a few recent questions ;)
    http://www.tvchoicemagazine.co.uk/interviewextra/martin-clunes-doc-martin-0
    Wow, it's exciting that Mummy dearest shows up for the wedding. I wonder how she finds out. It should make for some juicy dramatic riffs even this early on in the show. I wish I was in England next week. This is torture. I downloaded a VPN with an ursine name but I can't figure out how to get ITV. Very frustrating
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 330
    Forum Member
    NewPark wrote: »
    I would guess that on the whole, someone experiencing a "Nervous breakdown" -- whatever that means in this context -- does not have very much emotional energy left over for romance. Maybe here it means a kind of agitated depression. Loss of sexual interest is often one aspect of depression
    Can you lose something you don't have:rolleyes:?
    We didn't see much of if lately.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mofromco wrote: »
    Wow, it's exciting that Mummy dearest shows up for the wedding. I wonder how she finds out. It should make for some juicy dramatic riffs even this early on in the show. I wish I was in England next week. This is torture. I downloaded a VPN with an ursine name but I can't figure out how to get ITV. Very frustrating

I usually just google on ITV and it takes me to the site. There you have the option of watching live. Or google ITV player, and the programs show up there after they have been aired on ITV. ITV player is the equivalent of HBO- Go. That is, a site where you can stream their offerings On Demand.
This discussion has been closed.