Hollyoaks General Discussion (Part 20)

Comments

• ReoReo Posts: 8,648
    Forum Member
    Apart from the 'I'd rather sell my body than be known as a scrounger' storyline, I thought it was a good episode, it was very acted and quite emotional.

Does Sinead know that she doesn't actually have to sleep with men for money? :rolleyes:

Although I never saw early HOs, so I have no idea if they have changed anything to fit this twist or not. I'm also interested in where they are going to go now, more scenes with Sandy and Darren and how will the other brothers react and when Nancy finally comes back on screen with Sandy ever be involved with that?

I'm glad that they didn't include other characters in this episode, I can't imagine how bad it would have been if they had Frankie shouting throughout. Poor Jack and Darren, hopefully they can get their relationship back on track, I hated it when Jack pushed Darren away after the 'fake death' storyline.

Is Tony's later storyline all in his head or just some of it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reo wrote: »

I would imagine just some of it is. We know Trevor will also be involved in Tony's story, and it has been confirmed that his dead friend Kurt will indeed be a hallucination rather than him actually coming back from the dead. Will be interesting to see how this is split, and indeed if Tony survives to the end of Later.
  • daniellejaynedaniellejayne Posts: 2,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from the 'I'd rather sell my body than be known as a scrounger' storyline, I thought it was a good episode, it was very acted and quite emotional.

Does Sinead know that she doesn't actually have to sleep with men for money? :rolleyes:

Although I never saw early HOs, so I have no idea if they have changed anything to fit this twist or not. I'm also interested in where they are going to go now, more scenes with Sandy and Darren and how will the other brothers react and when Nancy finally comes back on screen with Sandy ever be involved with that?

I'm glad that they didn't include other characters in this episode, I can't imagine how bad it would have been if they had Frankie shouting throughout. Poor Jack and Darren, hopefully they can get their relationship back on track, I hated it when Jack pushed Darren away after the 'fake death' storyline.

Isn't she been blackmailed into it by Trevor?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know there's lots of people who aren't feeling happy that Tony's story hasn't been shown much for the last few weeks, but it'll be because Nick Pickard has been filming for Later I guess, so I can forgive this :)
  • garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    Hoping there's a slight twist in the Will storyline and it's Leanne he attacks/kills/attempt to kill rather than Ash
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    garyessex wrote: »
    Hoping there's a slight twist in the Will storyline and it's Leanne he attacks/kills/attempt to kill rather than Ash

I hope you're right there. He's already attempted to kill Ash at least once, and the second time, arguably Will never said it was Ash he was going to kill and his plan was just to drug Ash so he would have an alibi for when he killed Anna (although it's a pretty shoddy alibi). My only question to it is in the autumn trailer, Dodger and Will are clearly seen in Ash's flat, so I question why Leanne would be there.
  • CollybirdCollybird Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So excited for this year's Later.
    Felt very emotional seeing the pictures of Kurt - absolutely loved that he was on his bike and in his leathers. Jeremy Edwards has aged well.
  • lost boylost boy Posts: 1,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agreed - other than Sinead continuing to do ANYTHING to avoid claiming child benefit that was a rather good episode.

I was slightly bemused that half the people who were in the previous episode just vanished in this, while Sinead and Freddie randomly (and unnecessarily) popped up instead.

You raise the big question though - where are they going to go from here; Sandy and the Roscoe boys getting involved more with Darren? Darren getting involved more with them? What about Nancy (and Sienna) - who's going to get involved with what? We know what Frankie is going to do, but that seems to be about it to date.
    Forum Member
    Far fetched but maybe Trevor uses Jim to plant a bomb in Clares prison to break her out...?
  • mellybumpsmellybumps Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    Is Nick Pickard actually leaving?:(
  • RinsewindRinsewind Posts: 7,134
    Forum Member
    Am I the only one who found tonight's E4 episode very strange? Although. on the the plus side, everybody involved was extremely good.

Sinead - Go to your nearest Jobcentre, and start claiming the benefits you're entitled to.:)
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rinsewind wrote: »
    Am I the only one who found tonight's E4 episode very strange? Although. on the the plus side, everybody involved was extremely good.

Sinead - Go to your nearest Jobcentre, and start claiming the benefits you're entitled to.:)

This, she's acting like selling herself is the only way, as for Freddie just waiting for her to finish I didn't get that at all.
    Did anyone find it strange that during all the Roscoe drama none of the other Roscoe brother were there, would have been good to see how they would have reacted to the news.
  • RinsewindRinsewind Posts: 7,134
    Forum Member
    priscilla wrote: »
    This, she's acting like selling herself is the only way, as for Freddie just waiting for her to finish I didn't get that at all.
    Did anyone find it strange that during all the Roscoe drama none of the other Roscoe brother were there, would have been good to see how they would have reacted to the news.

Sandy - "I have to tell you that you that you have another brother. I also have to tell you that its that tosser who runs the pub":D
  • SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Did anyone find it strange that during all the Roscoe drama none of the other Roscoe brother were there, would have been good to see how they would have reacted to the news.[/QUOTE]

Hellow priscilla it's great to see you again hope your had a nice day and enjoying hollyoaks.

I like to see the other Roscoe brothers reaction hearing about Darren being their half brother. Robbie just use the fact Darren being his half brother to wind him up or get money off him.
    Forum Member
    Just seen the Oaks Later trailer. How exactly is Dom out of jail so quickly and able to travel abroad to get married??
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skyfall wrote: »
    Did anyone find it strange that during all the Roscoe drama none of the other Roscoe brother were there, would have been good to see how they would have reacted to the news.[/QUOTE]

Hellow priscilla it's great to see you again hope your had a nice day and enjoying hollyoaks.

I like to see the other Roscoe brothers reaction hearing about Darren being their half brother. Robbie just use the fact Darren being his half brother to wind him up or get money off him.

Hi, hope you had a lovely day as well. Oaks has been great to watch, I've seen the Oaks Later trailer and it looks really good.
    Maybe in tomorrow ep will get a reaction from the other brothers. Darren looking at Nancy picture just shows he loves her, I wish he would stop being a douche and listen to his wife instead of someone he has known for five minutes.
  • SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Skyfall wrote: »

Hi, hope you had a lovely day as well. Oaks has been great to watch, I've seen the Oaks Later trailer and it looks really good.
    Maybe in tomorrow ep will get a reaction from the other brothers. Darren looking at Nancy picture just shows he loves her, I wish he would stop being a douche and listen to his wife instead of someone he has known for five minutes.

Thanks day been great. The hollyoak later trailer looks very big and many things are going to go down with most of the main characters.

There's a new character on hollyoaks Jade been in three epsiodes and now apart of HL, looks like
    shes going to be trouble for Esther and Tilly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    npd6900 wrote: »
    Having seen the autumn trailer, my guess is that the explosion will have something to do with Browning escaping from prison. I also believe seeing it that Dodger will find out the truth about Will in the same week, so sounds like that'll be a huge week for the show whenever it occurs.

Browning?!! Really?! Why? I thought he'd gone for good and the actor had left! Ooh I really hope you're right though!! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    npd6900 wrote: »
    Having seen the autumn trailer, my guess is that the explosion will have something to do with Browning escaping from prison. I also believe seeing it that Dodger will find out the truth about Will in the same week, so sounds like that'll be a huge week for the show whenever it occurs.

Hmm...have just seen this exchange on twitter! (Wasn't sure whether it needed to be a spoiler so I did just in case...)

@AGuyCalledJoe will you be appearing in any more hollyoaks episodes?

@OliverProudcock Browning was locked up and got out before so....
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love the trailer for the "Blast".

Whats the deal with Jade then? I predict trouble!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    Just saw the Sandy/Darren/Jack reveal episode.

Is it me, or is Darren REALLY becoming unlikeable? The Deans-Osbourne has always been my favourites, but between this story and the Sienna/Nancy story I've been disliking him.

But I am liking Fraiser's Nice Guy/Bad Guy flip flop, hope him and Trevor stick around.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,620
    Forum Member
    They've finally ruined the best relationship in Hollyoaks - Jack and Darren. Well done, Hollyoaks! :rolleyes:
  • lost boylost boy Posts: 1,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    They've finally ruined the best relationship in Hollyoaks - Jack and Darren. Well done, Hollyoaks! :rolleyes:

They're not done with ruining relationships yet - don't watch the Hollyoaks Blast/autumn trailer if you don't want to know :eek: if you do want to know...
    Darren and Tom next.
  • avaconradavaconrad Posts: 1,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking that Ste and Doug get back together.

Sorry but why when you have been with Brendan would you put up with Dull Doug.