Options

If you could change the partnerships around..

2»

Comments

• Options
    coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angela F wrote: »
    Maybe these pairings:

Susanna & Pasha
    Rachel & Robin
    Deborah & Kevin

Tony & Anya
    Patrick & Aliona

Oh I like these
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pashulty wrote: »
    Rachel with Kevin??:confused::confused:

He's the tiniest male now, isn't he? Now Vincent's gone. :confused:
  • Options
    CamisCamis Posts: 13,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Artem with James? Oh no, that's been done.
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Camis wrote: »
    Artem with James? Oh no, that's been done.

My favourite partnership ever! The most romantic rumba ever done on Strictly. :D
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Julien with Anton?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This year is one of the first years in ages where I think they've done a reasonably good job of pairing them up. Putting aside height considerations, which the producers always seem to conveniently forget anyway, I feel that in the main all the pairings work in terms of character and teaching styles.

I also feel that the producers have moved away from purposefully contrived pairings designed to generate antagonism (Brendan and Lulu) or showmance (Holly and Artem). I think people are going to speculate on Abbey and Aljaz, but I suspect that speculation might have arisen if she was paired with a lot of the male pros, regardless of whether they are happily married or with a partner, and without reference to her own married status.

When height is taken into consideration, Kristina is too short for Ben, but I think this is perhaps a problem of them having to swap in Aliona for Natalie L as Aliona is shorter than Natalie which didn't leave any taller pro ladies. Also Natalie G is a bit tall for Artem and I can't remember whether it is Sophie or Rachel or both who is a bit tall for their pro. Then again all the girls were wearing very high heels. They could afford to go down by 0.5" and it would probably improve their dancing.
  • Options
    Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad Pasha has Rachel, or at least someone that looks to not have a natural ability to dance (as is the case with Rachel). Pasha has had Chelsee and Kimberley, both of which had a natural ability to dance and certain confidence too. So I think Pasha having Rachel that can't dance and with less confidence in her ability to do so, is a good challenge for him (and for us to see for a change).

I think Sophie and Artem would have been interesting and Brendan and Natalie (as I think both tempermants might have been an interesing mix). Or even Brendan and Abbey.
  • Options
    Kmc1978Kmc1978 Posts: 7,144
    Forum Member
    Miriam_R wrote: »
    I'm glad Pasha has Rachel, or at least someone that looks to not have a natural ability to dance (as is the case with Rachel). Pasha has had Chelsee and Kimberley, both of which had a natural ability to dance and certain confidence too. So I think Pasha having Rachel that can't dance and with less confidence in her ability to do so, is a good challenge for him (and for us to see for a change).

I think Sophie and Artem would have been interesting and Brendan and Natalie (as I think both tempermants might have been an interesing mix). Or even Brendan and Abbey.

I think that Sophie would be too tall for Artem but I would like to see him with that kind of celeb... not a complete natural but with potential to learn (& not lazy like Holly)
  • Options
    deanieboydeanieboy Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As mentioned previously, I would have put Ben with Iveta as Kristina seems a bit too short for Ben...
  • Options
    Spin turnSpin turn Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deanieboy wrote: »
    As mentioned previously, I would have put Ben with Iveta as Kristina seems a bit too short for Ben...

That's the only change I'd make due to height consideration and suspicion that Ben appears to have more aptitude for ballroom (from the preview videos)
  • Options
    marinamaumarinamau Posts: 4,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pashulty wrote: »
    Rachel with Kevin??:confused::confused:
    Alli-F wrote: »
    He's the tiniest male now, isn't he? Now Vincent's gone. :confused:

Sorry, didn't realised! People's proportions always throw me off, like Karen hardy who I thought was medium to short, ( or even Catherine Middleton or Katie Holmes) when in fact they are tall.

Kevin is so slim that looks proportionally taller than Pasha.

Anyway, for Rachel someone taller than Pasha. I would have likes to see Pasha with Debra. And Ivetta or Aliona with Ben, and Kristina with Tony.

Natalie is kind of ok with Artem, it is just the beautiful hair that makes her look taller.
  • Options
    nagel84nagel84 Posts: 13,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only one I have any real problem with is Ben and Kristina. For the 2nd year running they've paired Kristina with someone far too tall for her and pretty much handicapped her celeb in the process. It was no surprise to see Ben hunched over Kristina while doing the Waltz in the training video. :rolleyes:

I'd have paired Ben with Aliona and Tony with Kristina.
  • Options
    IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nagel84 wrote: »
    The only one I have any real problem with is Ben and Kristina. For the 2nd year running they've paired Kristina with someone far too tall for her and pretty much handicapped her celeb in the process. It was no surprise to see Ben hunched over Kristina while doing the Waltz in the training video. :rolleyes:

It's been suggested a few times that Natalie would have been partnered with Ben, and Kristina with Tony, so when Natalie got injured and Aliona replaced her they switched them around because they didn't want Aliona in for the long haul. :o

Also, Natalie's planning to return for next weeks pro dances so if Aliona was to be eliminated with Tony tonight, I'm not sure if she'd continue to have a role in the series...which might support that theory.

All speculation though. :) I agree, height-wise, Aliona with Ben and Kristina with Tony would have worked better though.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vanessa and Pasha because its about time that he gets a " duffer " . He always gets the good ones !!!

And give Robin a contender for a change !!!
  • Options
    tortoisepersontortoiseperson Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nagel84 wrote: »

Why do they DO this?! so annoying and really not fair to either party to the extent that they could almost get ... not injuries as such, but certainly a fair degree of unnecessary aches and pains.
  • Options
    Kmc1978Kmc1978 Posts: 7,144
    Forum Member
    marinamau wrote: »
    Sorry, didn't realised! People's proportions always throw me off, like Karen hardy who I thought was medium to short, ( or even Catherine Middleton or Katie Holmes) when in fact they are tall.

Kevin is so slim that looks proportionally taller than Pasha.

Anyway, for Rachel someone taller than Pasha. I would have likes to see Pasha with Debra. And Ivetta or Aliona with Ben, and Kristina with Tony.

Natalie is kind of ok with Artem, it is just the beautiful hair that makes her look taller.

I think that the problem is that most of the female celebs are on the tall side this year. Only Anton, Brendan & Aljaz are taller than Pasha. Brendan & Aljaz got the 2 tallest females and there was no way they would waste Rachel on Anton, plus it would look like she was dancing with her dad.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd swap Sophie with Rachel. I think Sophie would do better with Pasha and Rachel would be fine with Brendan.

Did you take height into consideration :confused::confused:. At all :confused:
  • Options
    SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    Id definitely have swapped Kristina and Iveta. Iveta and Ben would have been a better fit and Kristina would have been fine with Mark - although it would have been a different joke celeb experience.