Options

I'm sorry but this is total garbage!!!

hopey65hopey65 Posts: 24
Forum Member
Absolute rubbish.
I used to so love X Factor, but it is absolutely dire now.
I used to really root for 3 or 4 contestants, but I just dont care anymore.

Comments

• Options
    pixel_pixelpixel_pixel Posts: 6,694
    Forum Member
    hopey65 wrote: »
    Absolute rubbish.

I caught a bit of the X-factor US the other day and they had some really great backs on their. Quite a few that I would say had the extra something. This series is failing to grab my imagination.
  • Options
    first_basefirst_base Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    Britain's totally run out of talent
  • Options
    squadgesquadge Posts: 1,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't been following it but the contestants are just more of the same. However, I would look at the two boy bands and Shelley. She has an amazing. voice and a certain likability
    . Everyone else is clones of previous contestants. And abbey? sing?? omg.. I think not.

As far as shelley goes - I don't think any other contestant could have sang it. Don't have the range.
  • Options
    clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    First time I've watched XF this year and the standard is awful, non of this lot are gonna make it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    I agree with you. This is probably the worst series yet by a wide margin and that's saying something. Terrible contestants.
    I remember the 2008 series being a pleasure to watch but watching this is a real chore!:sleep:
  • Options
    topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not just the lack of talent its a lack of personalities/characters. This series is more like the US X Factor (but wth less good singers of course)
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    the worrying aspect for me is the two best of the night both came across as tribute acts for the artists whose songs they were doing
  • Options
    Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    first_base wrote: »
    Britain's totally run out of talent

I think it's more a case that the real talent in this country now know to avoid 'The X Factor' like the plague.
  • Options
    sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i haven't watched any of it so please be kind to me

isn't Tamera supposed to be really good?
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sammyvine wrote: »

She's okayish with a decent enough voice, but sounds rather karaoke in her delivery.
  • Options
    Forum Member

She's a (bland) Beyonce/Whitney Houston tribute act and/or a poor man's Leona Lewis. Take your pick.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Tamera and Sam are good singers, a few others are ok but that's about it really.

Problem is neither of them is particularly interesting or memorable, there are so many similar singers around that I'm not sure there is much of a future for either of them sadly.

There have been similar style singers to these two in the show before who vanished into obscurity after the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Breege1 wrote: »
    She's a (bland) Beyonce/Whitney Houston tribute act and/or a poor man's Leona Lewis. Take your pick.

But give her a decent modern day pop music writing and production team and she will have hits. Unlike the Kathy Burke tribute act.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    It's dire, nobody remotely interesting on it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    topcat3 wrote: »
    Its not just the lack of talent its a lack of personalities/characters. This series is more like the US X Factor (but wth less good singers of course)

Yes. A joke act. I knew there was something missing.:D;)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Bring back Chico and Wagner
  • Options
    CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Kingsland road.

No one with hair like that is taking it seriously.
  • Options
    garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    Have to agree used to love watching it. I think the format is great and has life in it but the acts are awful. I virgin plus it now Trying to think of good acts this year. The woman is it Sam who sings Celine dion every week. Rough copy can all sing. Nicolas. And Tamara. I think the rest are forgettable.
  • Options
    garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    Old.Tallen wrote: »
    Tamera and Sam are good singers, a few others are ok but that's about it really.

Problem is neither of them is particularly interesting or memorable, there are so many similar singers around that I'm not sure there is much of a future for either of them sadly.

There have been similar style singers to these two in the show before who vanished into obscurity after the show.

Agree
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kingsland road.

No one with hair like that is taking it seriously.

You forgot the knobbly knee grandad shorts
  • Options
    pixel_pixelpixel_pixel Posts: 6,694
    Forum Member
    But don't you find that lots of people have a lack of personality!?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    first_base wrote: »
    But give her a decent modern day pop music writing and production team and she will have hits. Unlike the Kathy Burke tribute act.

Would she though? I do not think there is a market for her atm. The music business is saturated with her type of act as Old Tallen mentioned.
  • Options
    mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    They have turned the contestants into bland singers by the dressing and song choices.
    Sam was a gusty soulful singer in the auditions. They've put her in a stupid dress and turned her into a Jane McDonald.
    where are the gritty urban acts? Rough Copy could have been but they are just handed bland ballads which they probably will never sing again.
    These songs have been sung to death on talent shows over the years. people are SICK of them. Dont the judges realise this? It will be I Will always love you and Unchained Melody next !
    Horrible show. I used to like the X factor too!
  • Options
    JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    hopey65 wrote: »
    Absolute rubbish.
    tis a bit shit, isn't it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Would she though? I do not think there is a market for her atm. The music business is saturated with her type of act as Old Tallen mentioned.

With Cowell's Syco and whatnot behind her? Of course she will. It's saturated cos it sells. Mr Cowell's help gives her a headstart over the saturation.