Casualty's original theme tune

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 748
Forum Member
✭✭
Is anyone else pleased that they have finally brought it back?
It really reminded me of the good old days.

Comments

• HelicaseHelicase Posts: 4,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jimthepig wrote: »
    Is anyone else pleased that they have finally brought it back?
    It really reminded me of the good old days.

Sorry to point this out but that was not Casualty's original theme tune.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Helicase wrote: »
    Sorry to point this out but that was not Casualty's original theme tune.

It was very close to it and had lots of elements from the it aswell.
  • Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    It sounds so much like it and I'm glad that horrible disco version is finally gone.
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,271
    Forum Member
    It's horrible.

It sounds like the original and the latest one mixed up to make some terrible noise.
    Watch the complaints come so the BBC has to change it again:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dan2008 wrote: »
    It's horrible.

It sounds like the original and the latest one mixed up to make some terrible noise.
    Watch the complaints come so the BBC has to change it again:D

I don't want the old one back because it sounded nightclub quality and why would the BBC change a theme of all things due to complaints?
  • allthingsukallthingsuk Posts: 6,035
    Forum Member
    It's decent enough but I don't know why they don't just bring back the original theme.

The original theme just screamed Casualty through and through, and doesn't sound outdated at all.
    Forum Member
    jimthepig wrote: »
    I don't want the old one back because it sounded nightclub quality and why would the BBC change a theme of all things due to complaints?
    Because they have before.

EastEnders theme changed in 1993 and after up roar the BBC changed it back.

Casualty updated it's theme in what 2001 (Might have been later) people hated it and then the BBC changed it back.
  • HelicaseHelicase Posts: 4,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Casualty updated it's theme in what 2001 (Might have been later) people hated it and then the BBC changed it back.

The BBC did not change either back. EastEnders made an update on the original in 1994 (replacing the jazzy one) and Casualty hasn't used its original theme since they got rid circa 2001.
    Forum Member
    Helicase wrote: »
    The BBC did not change either back. EastEnders made an update on the original in 1994 (replacing the jazzy one) and Casualty hasn't used its original theme since they got rid circa 2001.
    Yeah but both remakes were terrible and didn't suit either show so clearly changes had to be made.
    EastEnders 1985 theme and now sounds hardly any different. Just the odd tweak here and there. Nothing too drastic.
  • allthingsukallthingsuk Posts: 6,035
    Forum Member

Casualty did update its theme in 2001, and that theme remained for 5 years until 2006.

I think you're thinking of the orchestral theme which only lasted one series, before the BBC reverted back to the 2001 theme.

That lasted a further 6 and a bit years until the new theme we have tonight.
    Forum Member
    Casualty did update its theme in 2001, and that theme remained for 5 years until 2006.

I think you're thinking of the orchestral theme which only lasted one series, before the BBC reverted back to the 2001 theme.

That lasted a further 6 and a bit years until the new theme we have tonight.
    Yes. That's exactly what I meant. It was terrible and didn't suit the show what so ever.
  • Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    Yeah but both remakes were terrible and didn't suit either show so clearly changes had to be made.
    EastEnders 1985 theme and now sounds hardly any different. Just the odd tweak here and there. Nothing too drastic.

But it's taken 14 years to change Casualty's.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Jazz EE theme was changed because it really did cause outrage. It didn't even last a year.

Here it is in all its awful glory just for a reminder of how out of place it was with the feel of the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gsqu8RksR5I

The current EE theme is probably the closest out of all the updates to the 1985 version.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyway as for the new Casualty theme. I love it. This is far more in line with the theme of old. The crap one of the last decade never suited the show and I honestly can't believe it lasted so long. I blame Oxide and Neutrino for that.
  • tubzy2001tubzy2001 Posts: 1,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing like the original at all, its flat and awful, the last theme tune started around 2001 I think and it was changed in 06/07 and lasted a series as was total crap just like this new one is
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tubzy2001 wrote: »
    Nothing like the original at all, its flat and awful, the last theme tune started around 2001 I think and it was changed in 06/07 and lasted a series as was total crap just like this new one is

The 2001 theme was crap and didn't suit Casualty at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was no where near as bad as this, yes the original is the best and should return, why are they all obsessed with changing theme tunes
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx8EO3yrAuk

I don't know how anyone can say the new version is nothing like this. Its far more in line with that than the trance version of the last decade.

Maybe people just forgot what Casualty used to sound like...
  • TLC1098TLC1098 Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's much better than the horrid disco trance theme but not the best.

Why doesn't the BBC just bring the original back if it's in such high demand?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't forgot at all haha
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God knows why they have changed the look of the hospital after just over a year, waste of money
  • Meesh_RedshawMeesh_Redshaw Posts: 2,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tubzy2001 wrote: »
    God knows why they have changed the look of the hospital after just over a year, waste of money

I thought that too, they only changed it January 2012, but this was as a result of the ED fire, which was of course at the time perfectly justified.

As for the theme tune...when I first heard it a few weeks ago I liked it, but having heard it used on the actual programme last night for the first time...my opinion is now the opposite.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It falls flat right at the end of the opening credits when the Casualty logo appears, the theme tune just stops before it should finish