Options

Lionel.... I Helped Him On His Way To Stardom?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    So for the last forty year has Jim had to kiss Lionel's backside? I don't get the 'big star' Lionel Blair thing anyway, doing a bit off a soft shoe shuffle donkeys years ago doesn't command respect.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So for the last forty year has Jim had to kiss Lionel's backside? I don't get the 'big star' Lionel Blair thing anyway, doing a bit off a soft shoe shuffle donkeys years ago doesn't command respect.

I found out that a few years later Lionel was a guest on Jim Davidson's show when Lionel was well on the wane.
  • Options
    klawklaw Posts: 1,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lionel (seemingly quite drunk) said tonight 'I wanted you to be the biggest star in England' - Jim rolled his eyes a bit, but the way Lionel says it, it's clear with all the other evidence, Lionel has been claiming he made Jim a star for forty years, and thats deluded and must really piss off anyone. It's just another way Lionel hangs onto other people's success. How come you never got to host a game show *ever* Lionel? Jim's rubbish, but people liked him - nobody wants more than five minutes of you, sorry. Wait til you're up for a vote to save and see how big your fanbase is...
  • Options
    cooslacoosla Posts: 1,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gone right off dear old Lionel, he seemed ok in the begining, and I certainly didn't expect him to be such a back stabber, don't like the way he talks behind the others backs, expected far more from a man of his age and experience, I think Lionel will do whatever to make sure he wins, he certainly can't stand the thought of Jim, the man who he helped get his big break on tv, beat him, that is quite obvious. I get the feeling Lionel thinks his years in the buisness almost entitles him to the win, and he can say and do what he likes along the way.
    They say you have to be tough to servive in show buisness, no wonder Lionel has been around so long, I just would have prefered not to see that side of him!!
  • Options
    hrh7hrh7 Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    Sammmymack wrote: »
    He did though. Jim was on a talent show and Lionel was judge a la Simon Cowell and voted him through which gave him his big break.

That's right he did
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He did though. Jim was on a talent show and Lionel was judge a la Simon Cowell and voted him through which gave him his big break.

The classy thing to do would be to leave that for Jim to mention, not bring it up to make himself look bigger.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lightblues wrote: »
    Lionel did help Jim .on New Faces .there's a kinds mutual respect between the two

There really isn't.
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    sutie wrote: »
    The classy thing to do would be to leave that for Jim to mention, not bring it up to make himself look bigger.

Exactly. I think Lionel is pulling rank on jim, and it isnt nice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nw0307 wrote: »
    Lionel reminds me of Leo Sayer when he was in CBB. Deluded and somewhat nuts

And very, very bitter.
  • Options
    SammmymackSammmymack Posts: 1,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm now imagining bb in 35 years time with Simon Cowell and olly murs or someone he gave a yes vote to!
  • Options
    themightypierrethemightypierre Posts: 664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But Jim still had to have the talent to be better than the others.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's quite interesting how these older celebrities operate compared to the younger ones.

They've been around the block and appear to know how to handle each other better. In the knowledge that they may bump into each other again in the future on the showbiz circuit. (Or some may say at the job centre :D).

They seem to know that it doesn't pay to get too involved in a heated row if they can avoid it. It's like showbiz politics.
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    It's quite interesting how these older celebrities operate compared to the younger ones.

They've been around the block and appear to know how to handle each other better. In the knowledge that they may bump into each other again in the future on the showbiz circuit. (Or some may say at the job centre :D).

They seem to know that it doesn't pay to get too involved in a heated row if they can avoid it. It's like showbiz politics.

They say.. "always be nice to the people you meet on the way up, because you will meet them again on the way down"
  • Options
    M. TouretteM. Tourette Posts: 6,967
    Forum Member
    I have not liked Lionel from the beginning, All his boasts about the celebs he has worked with are true but inflated so much they almost explode, I doubt many mention him in their autobiographies.

He is a cheesy, nasty, backstabbing individual, who is bitter as...

A great pity he is not up for eviction
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have not liked Lionel from the beginning, All his boasts about the celebs he has worked with are true but inflated so much they almost explode, I doubt many mention him in their autobiographies.

He is a cheesy, nasty, backstabbing individual, who is bitter as...

A great pity he is not up for eviction

Hopefully as soon as he's up, he'll be out.
  • Options
    klawklaw Posts: 1,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lets get a bit more abstract - person A votes along with a bunch of others that person B is the winner of a talent show and should be a star. Really, how much credit does the judge have? if the person is good, and other people saw it too, all they've done is not vote against the consensus, the obvious choice; Lionel thinks he made Jim, he was just one of several judges and the entire british public (if I remember the voting process) that decides Davidson should've won that year. And even then, that's a foot in the door, the rest of his careeer was all Jim's success (and another thing i'll give Jim, his material might not to be to my taste AT ALL, but he was writing his own stuff way before many comedians like the old school joke tellers). I DON'T like Jim Davidson or his material, but Lionel is so annoying if he thinks he 'made' Jim. Aaaaaaargh!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jacs75 wrote: »
    Did I just hear Jim say Lionel wasn't even on that show that he was on about? Or did I get it wrong.

He did, but then Jim on the first night said that Lionel was the one who gave him his big break. They're a bunch of slippery *****, the both of them.
  • Options
    Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    The claim doesn't make sense. It would make some sense if Simon Cowell said "I made One Direction" cos they didn't win the X Factor public vote, were offered a contract and full team by him, have songs given to them, videos made, PR stories, masses of promotion and merchandising, etc.

But Jim...he won a vote on a TV show that catapulted him into the public eye, one of those votes was allegedly Lionel. The rest was down to him, how he used that springboard, writing his own (shitty IMO) material.

Lionel's claim is the height of vanity and says something about his ego. Ive always had a personal bugbear about people, like a boss, trying to claim credit, eg "well, I recruited her". Sod off and find your own glory.
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    sutie wrote: »

Jim did mention it back at the beginning of week one.
  • Options
    GreenEyes8GreenEyes8 Posts: 1,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've s een Jim Davidson for real couple of times and he had the whole of the audience roaring with laughter....He would knock 90% of the comedians of today into cocked hats......Jim to WIN !!!