New camera advice (Which book should I buy?)

chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
Forum Member
Hello,

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong forum but I need "advice" on what book to buy, so thought the Advice forum would be the most appropriate...

I've recently bought a Canon Powershot S110 and really want to use it to the very best of it's abilities but don't know how.

It's a Point & Shoot camera, but quite an advanced one apparently.

I've owned many P&S cameras in the past but have never fiddled around with the settings and have always stuck with the Auto setting. However like I say, with this new camera, I really want to give it a go :)

I know there are YouTube videos and online tutorials out there, but I'd prefer to learn from reading a book about it.

So, can anyone recommended a good beginners book I could buy, please?

There are so many mixed reviews on the "...for Dummies" guides on Amazon, with some people saying the authors focus too much on editing software and setup etc instead of teaching you how to actually use the darn camera!

I also have a Canon EOS 1100D DSLR camera (that I barely ever touch :( )and to learn how to use that I was planning on buying the actual "Canon EOS 1100D for Dummies" book as it'll be all about that exact camera.

So, can anyone suggest or recommend a good book I could buy to learn how to use my new Point & Shoot camera, please?

Comments