What Skills Do You Have?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I can swim and ride a bike.

I have also discovered a talent for cooking

Other than those i have few skills :( I tried to learn to drive but i wasn't getting far after 2 years of lessons and failed tests :(

Comments

• trayhop123trayhop123 Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i have the ability to annoy with pointless replies
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ is a bit unnecessary, some might find it interesting to know what others are good at. Provided its not all common stuff, I find it interesting and think its good when people are good at stuff that isn't common.

Depends what you call skills, when I read the thread title I was thinking of something more significant than say, being able to drive as that's something most people can do (please, no obvious responses to that).

Anyway, normal stuff...

I can drive, I'm a good cook, can paint and do DIY pretty decently... Most normal things I can do.

Slightly out of the ordinary:

I can draw and paint well, both traditional and digital art and design; know my way around illustrator, photoshop etc

I'm a CG artist, know my way around 3D applications like Maya and Max

I'm good with animation and also know my way around motion capture

Decent enough photographer but wouldn't say I'm great

I can script (C#, PHP, HTML, JavaScript) - that's a learned skill and not a natural thing

I'm pretty good with video and audio editing and compositing, getting to grips with VFX

So a load of creative stuff really.

ETA: I can also clay sculpt, but haven't done that in years... Do a decent job with pumpkins so I've learned. Lol

Note: do other people know they are good at things but never feel they are good enough?
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey Fizix, do you have a website?
    It's quite a coincidence but I share almost all of the skills you've listed there.
    I can't drive though.
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey Fizix, do you have a website?
    It's quite a coincidence but I share almost all of the skills you've listed there.
    I can't drive though.

PM'd... There is some stuff on there but it really needs updating
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ok seriously then ,,,,, apart from the usual driving etc , i cant really think of anything im particularly great at , ,,,,,,, i rate myself pretty highly when it comes to videogames , so maybe good hand eye co-ordination etc ,,,,,, but its not much of a useful skill for getting anywhere in life etc .
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can put my whole fist in my mouth.
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    What Skills Do You Have?

A very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career.
  • PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i am great at cunnilingus.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    I kan tutch tip at aproksimetli 75 wrdz purr minit. ⌨
  • njpnjp Posts: 27,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NX-74205 wrote: »
    A very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career.
    Contract killer?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its from taken
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am World Waxed Floor Skating champion (WWFS). After my leading rival lost time on a penalty for taking out the pot plant
  • SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    I can breathe & stay upright, almost at the same time. And like Arcana I too can touch-type, at almost 7.5 wpm. If I look, its closer to 10.

Let's see - plumbing, most things mechanical, can sort out people's PC woes, mend a puncture on a bike in a white shirt without getting grubby, can strip a bike and rebuild it so never need to trouble a bike shop; can tune a guitar and play it to a reasonable standard, can pick out a bass line for son #2 to drum along to; decorate a room, mow a lawn to green stripey levels of perfection, (used to) read Mr Men stories with ad-hoc variations & made-up bits that had the kids crying with laughter and wife hoofing up the stairs pointing out I'm supposed to be getting them to sleep. Can write a web site, programme to a decent standard, understand R3, read the Mail without wanting to kill myself, drive a tractor. blah blah....
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Nudity.
    My family are great at it too.
  • agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    Is nudity a skill?...

I'll have to update my CV...
  • Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    I can swim and ride a bike.

I have also discovered a talent for cooking

Other than those i have few skills :( I tried to learn to drive but i wasn't getting far after 2 years of lessons and failed tests :(

You will probably have loads and loads of other skills.
    I used to tweak CVs once and I found some people would leave loads of stuff off their skills and achievements that I knew they were capable of or had done.
  • JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can put my whole fist in my mouth.

I can put my foot in my mouth. Often without even noticing.
  • JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i am great at cunnilingus.

So am I. I've got an eight inch tongue and can breath through my ears.
  • Chris FrostChris Frost Posts: 11,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I've done some fairly major DIY stuff including rewires, replacing joists, building walls and even roofing despite being scared of heights. I can ride a motorcycle and have taught learners in the past. My presentation skills are pretty good and I'm comfortable addressing large groups.

Through what I do for a business I plan a major house installation of AV gear and project manage it to completion. I am a dab hand at interface design for control system. This includes some creative work with 2D and 3D graphics.

I believe I'm now the only person in the UK available to install and converge hi-end CRT projectors. I am also a outstanding at image calibration to reference standards.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    I can put a Fruit Pastille in my mouth without chewing it.
  • Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am good at swimming. I'm not confident at most things, but I feel so free and confident in a pool. When I was swimming regularly over the summer sometimes I'd get people stop me (usually older ladies or older men heh) and tell me I have a lovely swimming stroke, and it makes my day every time. :)

I am a reasonably skilled fighter - nothing amazing, but I like that I can get in a ring and have a go at fighting.

I am skilled at writing concisely. Academic writing is one of my definite strengths, and I love it. :)
  • Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I may just start a Vernon Bennett appreciation thread on here on day :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fighting, screwing and reading the news :)

J/k I'm a very good cook and baker of cakes, that's about it !
  • getzlsgetzls Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    55 years of common sense.

Some of the posters on this Site will not achieve that if they live to 1000
  • BunionsBunions Posts: 14,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D

I can eat a jammy doughnut without licking my lips...