Technicolor TG582n Issue Since Sky Migration

SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone know the issue here? the green internet light decides on occasions to turn a solid red light on the router and has started doing it since my move to sky last week, the first time it did it was last night and again just now for a minute or so.

The connection is using PPPoA and keeps disconnecting, changing the ip address doing so and i'm on a dynamic IP address and not static like i was with BE*, never did this before until now i have migrated over, is it sky's internet issue here or what? the router doesnt drop the connection like a reset would but i just get the red light and can't used the internet while it's on til it goes back to green.

Currently on line testing mode and been 7 days now out of the 10. i know some users are still using this router on sky and wondered if anyone else is having the same issue?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Static IP is not normal with mainstream ISPs.

Using anything other than the supplied Sky routers with Sky is not normal. They have a MER authentication system and I assume you know this.

If you use the supplied router, what happens?
  • s2ks2k Posts: 7,417
    Forum Member
    shhftw wrote: »

Using anything other than the supplied Sky routers with Sky is not normal. They have a MER authentication system and I assume you know this.

The technicolor was the most recent router supplied by BE and O2. OP has been migrated to Sky. They aren't normally giving out free routers unless you sign up for a contract with Sky but the existing kit is supposed to connect ok as Sky have made workarounds to allow them to function on their network, whilst providing the settings to those who have their own personal routers.

Best bet would be to factory reset the router and go from there. You should be getting a unique IP address if that was what you previously paid for but the reservation is configured at Skys end, so the router should still be set to obtain automatically/dhcp. If its assigning different addresses then you are probably on the wrong package (it should be called something like Broadband Unlimited Pro I believe)..in which case good luck trying to get through to anyone at Sky who knows anything about the ex o2/Be setup.

-edit-
    Probably best you don't mess with it until the 10 days are up or you risk them lowering your line speed.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    shhftw wrote: »

?????

He's an ex Be customer using the Be supplied router on sky as it was intended for him to do.

Be and O2 offered static IP, additionally their dynamic IPs were on very long leases. A year or so. Sky change your IP everyone you reconnect.
  • SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got the hub and very strange things have happened, been using the extension socket and been solid at 11 meg, they say use the master so I swapped to that, getting loads of dropouts so now sky have changed and capped my profile and sending out an engineer on Monday to check if I have a faulty master socket.

Sky better put me back to where I was originally when it's sorted because I'm not setting for 5 meg download speeds when my line can cope with 11meg solid. They have put me on a 7db down and 13db upstream profile.

Wish I hadn't rung them up now.