What they don't tell you about the show.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 823
Forum Member
✭✭
When choosing the bottom two to face the public vote they put the contestant with the lowest number of votes in the bottom two along with the person with the third lowest amount of votes instead of the person with the second lowest amount of votes.

Why do they do this?

They do this to make peoples panic and vote more and cause controversy and also boost viewing figures.

A classic example is with the xfactor, with the shows winner being in the bottom to the week before. They must have boosted their number of votes considerably by panicking people to vote for him.

Comments

• Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You might want to rewrite that so it makes sense.
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,207
    Forum Member
    It is Johnson who is topping the public vote - by quite a distance- he was last one called safe
  • Sharona68Sharona68 Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hyde99 wrote: »
    When choosing the bottom two to face the public vote they put the contestant with the lowest number of votes in the bottom two along with the person with the third lowest amount of votes instead of the person with the second lowest amount of votes.

Why do they do this?

They do this to make peoples panic and vote more and cause controversy and also boost viewing figures.

A classic example is with the xfactor, with the shows winner being in the bottom to the week before. They must have boosted their number of votes considerably by panicking people to vote for him.

Gawddd...how long did you spend working out this little theory?:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharona68 wrote: »
    Gawddd...how long did you spend working out this little theory?:rolleyes:

You worked out what hyde meant? Mind explaining it to me? :o
  • HeraclitusDaysHeraclitusDays Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *fixes tin foil hat*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You might want to rewrite that so it makes sense.

Basically it's not the two with the lowest votes in the bottom two. Only the one with the lowest amount of votes ends up there. The one with the second lowest amount of votes gets away with it until next week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Basically it's not the two with the lowest votes in the bottom two. Only the one with the lowest amount of votes ends up there. The one with the second lowest amount of votes gets away with it until next week.

Wouldnt that be against telephone voting rules? Or are the penalties such a small slap on the wrist, you think ITV would stake their reputation *snort* and the fine money to do it anyway?
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are points from the judges scores and points from the viewers votes. These are added together and the two with the smallest totals are in the bottom two. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyway what's this crap about xfactor? Matt topped the vote every week bar week one where he came second. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course it isn't. Otherwise that would defeat the purpose of the judges scoring...
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Basically it's not the two with the lowest votes in the bottom two.

Its the two with the lowest combined scores (by ranking) when combining the public and judges vote that are in the skate off.

If there is a tie - say one act is 5th with the judges and 6th with the public and another act 6th with the judges and 5th with the public then the latter contestant is ranked higher overall i.e. they have the same score but the one with the highest public vote would rank higher (in terms of deciding who stays/avoids the skate off).

Realistically Denise, Carry and Johnson must be close to topping the public vote - otherwise they would have been in the skate off by now!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Where's your proof of this?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member

I am 100% sure you are 100% wrong.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    footygirl wrote: »
    It is Johnson who is topping the public vote - by quite a distance- he was last one called safe

Thought the call-out was 'in no particular order' :confused:
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,207
    Forum Member
    cooperone wrote: »

Exactly - I am just saying Johnson was the last to be called safe in response to the OP.

This is how I think the vote is going

1. Johnson (we know he is leading by a distance)
    2. Denise
    3. Sam
    4. Carry
    5. Dave
    6. Jeff
    7. Laura
    8. Chloe
    9. Vanilla Ice
    10. Jennifer
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly - I am just saying Johnson was the last to be called safe in response to the OP.

2. Denise
    3. Sam
    4. Carry
    5. Dave
    6. Jeff
    7. Laura
    8. Chloe
    9. Vanilla Ice
    10. Jennifer

Where is KK? is that how she gets through?....votes for her don't count!!
  • HeraclitusDaysHeraclitusDays Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    Where is KK? is that how she gets through?....votes for her don't count!!

'Carry' Katona
  • gamestatsgamestats Posts: 510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cooperone wrote: »

Of course it is in a particular order - one that the producer has decided will spin it out and keep some suspense. If it was "no particular order" then the bottom 2 could be called first. I suspect what they really mean is that the order of calling is not related to the leadership position - a different thing entirely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member

Do we?
  • miles19740miles19740 Posts: 14,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

...and why is that I wonder?:rolleyes:
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gamestats wrote: »
    Of course it is in a particular order - one that the producer has decided will spin it out and keep some suspense. If it was "no particular order" then the bottom 2 could be called first. I suspect what they really mean is that the order of calling is not related to the leadership position - a different thing entirely.
    No, because it's the others that are in no particular order, not all of them including the bottom two (or are the final three also the bottom three?). In other words, the bottom two (or is it three) are not part of the no particular order.

And the order is not always one that will increase suspense.
  • FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    Sorry - this is rather confusing - is the OP saying that the two in the bottom two aren't in fact really? Just one of them is and the other one is just chosen?

If so - hogwash.

Also what they're saying about X Factor is BS too as no winner has ever been in the bottom two in any series.

Does the OP mean the last person called out as safe? If so that makes sense and everyone already knew they usually choose someone who'll add a bit of drama.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    Anyway what's this crap about xfactor? Matt topped the vote every week bar week one where he came second. :confused:

But why? He can barely sing, is completely without charisma and by Easter he'll be back singing in pubs. Admittedly his bank account will be impressive for a while.
  • rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    silvermoon wrote: »
    But why? He can barely sing, is completely without charisma and by Easter he'll be back singing in pubs. Admittedly his bank account will be impressive for a while.

because people voted for him?