Recommend me a show

2»

Comments

• Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gawge wrote: »
    So, I recently finished watching "24", and I need something to fill the gap. I find some shows can be much more enjoyable watching them back to back, a couple of episodes every day or so etc... Though watched "Lost" weekly, and enjoyed that.

I've tried to start watching "Dexter" but i'm not quite hooked. Watched the first couple of episodes and although it seems a decent show, it doesn't really grab me in the way that Lost and 24 did.

Any other good shows that I could watch? I was thinking about Prison Break, but I heard that it gets pretty bad after a couple of seasons?

I really reccommend Fringe, its amazing, it does start off episode by episode, but you can still detect a theme under it, from about season 2 it gets incredible.
  • Options
    GeeMan1973GeeMan1973 Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surprised no-one has mentioned Entourage, which is a great show to watch quickly as the episodes whizz by.

Also can't believe that Chuck hasn't been mentioned. Surely the greatest guilty pleasure of all time.

Bear with Dexter. Once you're hooked, you realise it's bloody brilliant.

Personally, although I enjoyed Fringe and True Blood, but they ever really grabbed me.

I kmow it's not a US show, but you must watch Being Human UK series.

I can also recommend Modern Family as a brilliant new comedy, and Seinfeld as one of the greatest shows ever.
  • Options
    kessukikessuki Posts: 451
    Forum Member
    I would be glad to help you fill that spot. Some of the best shows on tv are

True Blood
    Sons Of Anarchy
    Nurse Jackie
    The Big C
    The Good Wife
    Private Practice

All are excellent quality shows but id recommend The Big C as the episodes are 30mins of dark comedy. And Tue Blood is a awesome show with 12 gripping episodes per season.
  • Options
    PinkvelvetPinkvelvet Posts: 10,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Parenthood, which I don't think has been mentioned yet. On it's 3rd season now I think, although I am only currently half way through season 2.