Katie Price wins Mum of the Year

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she wins mum of the year does that mean i can win Glamour model of the year? I mean I have got breasts!
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Those awards were always completely meaningless rubbish, weren't they! The fact that fans of both take this stuff seriously, and indeed PA and KP themselves, is a joke. I'm hoping the day will come where being a good dad/mum will be measured by how you protect, care for and nurture your children (in private) and not how many magazine/tabloid photos of them you can secure, or how many hours of TV footage of them doing private activities during their tenders years you can sell to ITV, or how many flipping marge lids you get telling you you're DOTY/MOTY!

I have no problem with the MOTY/DOTY awards. They're supposed to be a bit of fun (there is a non-celeb version that runs alongside, but which seems to be conveniently overlooked by those who rush to criticise the celeb version). However, my issue is with the celebs who get shortlisted for these awards. It would make much more sense to at least try and find celebs who project a positive image.

The fact that the MOTY shortlist this year included Natasha Giggs, Denise Welch and Katie Price shows how much these awards have gone down the pan - at one time they'd have been sponsored by a parent/child related company (e.g. Mothercare or Early Learning) and I'm pretty sure the list in years gone by used to include proper celebs, rather than simply being a list of reality TV people/media ****.
  • La Dolce VitaLa Dolce Vita Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »
    I have no problem with the MOTY/DOTY awards. They're supposed to be a bit of fun (there is a non-celeb version that runs alongside, but which seems to be conveniently overlooked by those who rush to criticise the celeb version). However, my issue is with the celebs who get shortlisted for these awards. It would make much more sense to at least try and find celebs who project a positive image.

The fact that the MOTY shortlist this year included Natasha Giggs, Denise Welch and Katie Price shows how much these awards have gone down the pan - at one time they'd have been sponsored by a parent/child related company (e.g. Mothercare or Early Learning) and I'm pretty sure the list in years gone by used to include proper celebs, rather than simply being a list of reality TV people/media ****.

I'm afraid these DOTY and MOTY awards never had any credibility:

Dad of the Year 2010: Winner - Peter Andre, sponsored by PremierInn (budget hotel group), finalists included the serial cheats of the year - Ronan Keating, Mark Owen and Vernon Kay.

Dad of the Year 2008: Winner - John Terry.

Previous people on the Dad of the Year short list - Wayne Rooney.

Previous sponsor - a ketchup company.

So, no, these awards never had credibility and were always about cheap PR.
  • J05hJ05h Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could this have been a retaliation on the voting i am not condoning what stacey solomon did but i don't think she deserved to be axed from the competition that was a step to far. she probably would have won so in second round voting her votes have switched to katie price to make a point. having said that katie does do great work in supporting harvey and maybe the issue surrouding the comedian who made the rude comments could have swung the vote a bit
  • katinthehatkatinthehat Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is so freaking funny:D
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It helps that her children are too young to read the magazines where she talks about her sex life, slags off their father or gives her uneducates opinions...Sorry but Stacey may be struggling to give up smoking, by I fail to understand why Katie Price is considered a better mother...
  • The PuzzlerThe Puzzler Posts: 7,689
    Forum Member
    bunny55 wrote: »
    News just out on twitter that she has won.

At least Natasha Giggs didn't win it.:mad:
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Still wait for an award to Ash the cat!
  • SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does this mean she was the only one who could actually be arsed to turn up to collect the award, then? :D

You're probably not far from the truth :)

But also ---- and this is just a guess ---- I think why she and PA do well in this MOTY and DOTY thing is that they both have fair sized fan bases
    no I don't know why either but they do
    and they both ---- especially PA ---actively promote themselves with regard to winning it because in their misguided way they feel it actually means they ARE the best Celebrity Mum and Dad

They appeal to their fan-to vote for them and that is usually enough to beat off the other finalists who basically don't give a toss about the award, have few fans and do nothing to encourage voting for them anyway :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HAHA:D so funny and what a difference 3 years and the exposure of her warped ex make ;) think these votes may have been made for her due to all the unfounded accusations PA has publicly made against her regarding their kids, although these awards mean nothing, this one will surely grate in some quarters;), now all she needs is a number one hit, and his head will explode :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think these awards are a load of tripe.

Katie herself said she doesn't need any confirmation that she is a good mum.

I suppose if your fans vote for you its polite to turn up.

Lets see if she trades on the MOTY.;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    * sigh *:rolleyes:
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So was she the only participant ? And did she vote for herself ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't see why everyone is hating on her for this...

Is she a bad mom? Don't think she is

She provides, she looks after a disabled child (those who are saying 5 nannies id like to know where you get that info from)

She has gone to bat for her kids i.e getting them out of the media, standing up for harvey etc.

So tell me what makes her a bad mom? shes not sleeping with the kids uncle *ahem Natasha*

Or publically humilating the family *ahem Denise*
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    Her nannies should have won!!

But of course it helps that the winner is always desperate enough to have to come and collect the trophy.

Personally "mum of the year" is not someone who breaks up with one man, invites another in very very quickly, introduces him to her children and marries him not even a year later before splitting up before the first wedding anniversary.

Nor is it someone who buggers off abroad with the latest beau at the drop of a hat leaving her children at home.

My pregnant dog is a better and more maternal mother than Jordan!!

Its a joke, presumably its because of harvey, the one person she seems to care about, Mum of the year she ain't.
  • Mela80Mela80 Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We're through the looking glass here people.... :cool:
  • PoppylenaPoppylena Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    Didn't she used to be the face of Foxy Bingo? I seem to remember her posing half naked with a dude in a fox costume.

Interesting...Hmmm..
  • ConcretepigsyConcretepigsy Posts: 1,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aggielane wrote: »
    The children always look happy, healthy and loved. Both parents must be doing something right. Well done Katie.

and the army of nannies.

makes a mockery of real parents
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poppylena wrote: »
    Didn't she used to be the face of Foxy Bingo? I seem to remember her posing half naked with a dude in a fox costume.
    Interesting...Hmmm..

Was that not just another of Alex's alter ego's? :confused:;)

Back to the OP - I wish I could think of anything to say other than FFS but I really can't
  • Tudor6222Tudor6222 Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Geneve wrote: »
    I really don't see why everyone is hating on her for this...

Is she a bad mom? Don't think she is

She provides, she looks after a disabled child (those who are saying 5 nannies id like to know where you get that info from)

She has gone to bat for her kids i.e getting them out of the media, standing up for harvey etc.

So tell me what makes her a bad mom? shes not sleeping with the kids uncle *ahem Natasha*

Or publically humilating the family *ahem Denise*

She may not have 5 nannies but she certainly has a couple and her mum helps with Harvey too. It's not as if she's doing it all on her own like the mums of many disabled kids do.

She may not be sleeping with the kid's uncle, but her bedroom door seems to operate on a revolving door principle. Poor kids must be so confused.

She may not have humiliated her family recently, but she's certainly done enough in the past, falling out of nightclubs drunk and wearing very few clothes while she's doing it.

At the end of the day why should any celebrity get an award for doing something which millions of parents do every day, without their reserves of cash and live in paid help?
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would personally say that a decent winner of MOTY/DOTY would be someone whose kids I couldn't pick out of a line up.
    Anyone ramming their kids in front of a camera almost before the cord has been cut should be immediately disqualified
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That photo of her seductively rubbing a cheap Foxy Bingo 'Best Mum' trophy against her face... LOL:D
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doesn't foxy bingo sponsor that god aweful show that Jeremy Kyle hosts???

I'm of the persuasion that this is all we need to know in regards to the standards required for that award.
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Not sure why people get so worked up about this... people have a fit about them being in the press. Yet all they do is talk about them.

Look down the forum, it's thread after thread about Katie Price and Peter Andre... then people f*cking wonder why they will never go away:rolleyes:

Why does anyone care about them? Why does anyone want to talk about them? I just don't get it.
  • lorrylorry Posts: 2,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It could have been worse *cough* Kerry Katona *cough*