Options

Why I Don't Like Other People Goin 2 Cinema!

cudzndripscudzndrips Posts: 384
Forum Member
I like the cinema to myself which is why I never go to see a film at evenings or weekends and just stick with weekdays around noon. The only problem is a lot of the time my Cineworld doesn't start showing films til about 2pm on weekdays, you have to wait til the kids are on school holidays before the cinema starts their really early showings - which is very unfair. So I can't go to see a film at 9am or 3am in the morning like they do in US cinemas which are open mostly 24 hours including Christmas Day. I also can't stand having more than 7-10 other people in my screen when I'm watching a movie! Wonder if there's a way I can keep people out of my screen.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go watch an Adam Sandler movie, you should be on your own then whatever time of day.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like going when it's crowded. Movies like The Hangover Part 2, Paul and the Paranormal Activities are better with big audiences IMO.
  • Options
    PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You haven't said why you don't like people going to the cinema :)

I go on Weekends (in the day) I can fit 3 or 4 films in a day and often there is no one in the screens, especially in the morning (when everyone else has been attracted by the Movie For Kids because of the price :))

Also if you want the cinema to yourself, buy out the seating :)
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even when I was married I never went to the cinema with my husband. I always go alone, always try for a less popular showing and always ask for an aisle seat. When the ads are on I can move easily to an empty seat if anybody's in my way or nearby chatting/eating/gargling/singing/tweeting/texting.... sometimes wonder how people fit in the time to actually watch the film ;):rolleyes:

I remember going to see Blade Runner. I was 19 (I'm female) and there was just one other person in the cinema, a male. The manager sent a member of staff to stand at the door the whole time to ensure I was okay and told me to just shout out if there were any problems :D Doubt they'd do that today lol. Very thoughtful.
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you should buy your own cinema OP.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Brenda from Scary Movie in the cinema, C`mon we`ve all wanted to do that. i have lol!
  • Options
    Rossby41Rossby41 Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cudzndrips wrote: »
    I like the cinema to myself which is why I never go to see a film at evenings or weekends and just stick with weekdays around noon. The only problem is a lot of the time my Cineworld doesn't start showing films til about 2pm on weekdays, you have to wait til the kids are on school holidays before the cinema starts their really early showings - which is very unfair. So I can't go to see a film at 9am or 3am in the morning like they do in US cinemas which are open mostly 24 hours including Christmas Day. I also can't stand having more than 7-10 other people in my screen when I'm watching a movie! Wonder if there's a way I can keep people out of my screen.

Pay thousands of pounds to privately reserve to screen.

Tbh if I won huge on the Lottery, I would my own Cinema room.
  • Options
    DizzleDizzle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    I remember going to see Blade Runner. I was 19 (I'm female) and there was just one other person in the cinema, a male. The manager sent a member of staff to stand at the door the whole time to ensure I was okay and told me to just shout out if there were any problems :D Doubt they'd do that today lol. Very thoughtful.

Wow, poor guy! Nothing like a bit of gender profiling!
  • Options
    PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    Even when I was married I never went to the cinema with my husband. I always go alone, always try for a less popular showing and always ask for an aisle seat. When the ads are on I can move easily to an empty seat if anybody's in my way or nearby chatting/eating/gargling/singing/tweeting/texting.... sometimes wonder how people fit in the time to actually watch the film ;):rolleyes:

They have cameras now, so there is no need for someone to wait and watch. However it is nice to know that people seem to be a bit more trusting of men these days, and a lone guy can sit in a cinema without fear of him going to attack the woman in the room.

Also why do you always go for an aisle seat? Surely this is more annoying if you do end up in a full cinema (which you tend not to know until you get in there), since people will be squeezing past you, or you have to get out your seat, when they are going to the toilet or else when they are finding a seat at the start. So I am curious why the aisle seat? :)
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,428
    Forum Member
    Buy a big screen TV

Wait for the DVD/Blu Ray release
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cudzndrips wrote: »

Yes, I agree, other human beings are extremely annoying & inconsiderate.:p

I'm like you; I will only go to the cinema during the week; in the morning or early afternoon for that very reason.

I'm thinking of investing in a mobile phone signal jammer, but I don't think they're legal in the UK, so I'll have to put that idea to bed.:(