Options

The 10 most googled people of 2011

Comments

• Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Has the HAM gang member been telling porky pies?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good Post !

He's not even in the top 10 !!!

Oh Dear....he ain't half going to look silly :(
  • Options
    YesYes Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    given that 'the' is excluded in google, the word 'situation' will be googled a lot and there's no way of differentiating when it is referring to the occasional table.

I highly doubt 'mike sorrentino' is a frequently googled search

The guy's a complete and utter dullard who only escapes my wrath because the likes of Julie just blow him away in terms of repulsiveness.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've looked at a few sources of lists and he is not
    mentioned in any of them!
    Even the Google Zeitgeist website has nothing about him.

This site I found also lists reality stars:

http://ryanseacrest.com/2011/11/29/the-10-most-searched-people-of-2011-—-justin-bieber-beats-kim-kardashian-list/
  • Options
    cheachea Posts: 7,827
    Forum Member
    well he's part of MTV's most successful reality tv show of all time. He's obviously popular in america. And popular with people who watch mtv over here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    Hmm.......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL I knew he wasn't more googled than Justin Bieber!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chea wrote: »
    well he's part of MTV's most successful reality tv show of all time. He's obviously popular in america. And popular with people who watch mtv over here.

Absolutely, no ones disputing that.

However, he said on last nights show and also once before, that he is No.4 on the Top Ten of Most Googled People (2011).

This is incorrect . He has told a little White lie!!!

If you look at the above links, and others on this forum, you will find he is not in any top 10 lists anywhere in the world!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I looked this up as well

As he mentioned Chris Brown also being on the list, which he is not on the one linked above (which is the same list I looked at), it makes me think he has left a specific detail out, like whether it's the most googled from MTV or something in that vein. So, he very well could be, but he tells the story in a way that implies it's out of everyone.

As an aside, he does blow away all other contestants for number of google hits
  • Options
    ultrosultros Posts: 8,504
    Forum Member

Still,all he will get is a crummy reality show over here on channel 5 now that Jersey Shore has been canceled,and he will probably have to share it with Jasmine (as she is getting a show apparently) :eek:
    And it will be for peanuts compared to the Snookie spin-off she has over in the states,which is getting a second season.
    I bet that's why he was going after Danica so hard.He was hoping that she would be a part of his new reality fame over here,which they have failed to offer him over in the states like his fellow cast members have got.
    Judging by his 'Quest for an English rose' :yawn: that the idiot Sam has bought hook line and sinker,I think it will be like the bastard child of The Bachelor and TOWIE of something lol.
  • Options
    OMGWTFLOLOMGWTFLOL Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I looked this up a few days ago and I couldn't find his name on any list. He's not even on the reality star list, but his co-star Snooki was. He would not be happy about that after telling everyone how "famous" he is. lol

I actually don't mind the guy since watching him on CBB but I don't really understand what his professional skills or talents are. He seems to be famous for having a stupid nickname and being picked at random for a reality show about guidos (their word, not mine), but what does he bring to the show business table? Can he sing, act, dance, play an instrument, write, model? It's a mystery.
  • Options
    ultrosultros Posts: 8,504
    Forum Member
    OMGWTFLOL wrote: »
    Yeah, I looked this up a few days ago and I couldn't find his name on any list. He's not even on the reality star list, but his co-star Snooki was. He would not be happy about that after telling everyone how "famous" he is. lol

I actually don't mind the guy since watching him on CBB but I don't really understand what his professional skills or talents are. He seems to be famous for having a stupid nickname and being picked at random for a reality show about guidos (their word, not mine), but what does he bring to the show business table? Can he sing, act, dance, play an instrument, write, model? It's a mystery.

To be fair to him,I think alot of what we've seen of him has been acting.Especially those cheesy monologues to Danica :eek:
    AAADDRIIIIIAAANNN !!!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elena1011 wrote: »
    LOL I knew he wasn't more googled than Justin Bieber!

Hence Julian's comment to Mike: I bet Justin Bieber is furious ;)
  • Options
    white tigresswhite tigress Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eve_Dyer wrote: »
    Hence Julian's comment to Mike: I bet Justin Bieber is furious ;)

Yes, wasn't that hilarious?? Went right over the OT's sideways baseball cap. Like Colleen, the guy has no sense of humour. Also, you only Google people you've never heard of, which means he's the 3rd most UNHEARD OF 'celeb' even in the USA.
  • Options
    pagingmrhermanpagingmrherman Posts: 927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't find any articles backing it up. in one year Snookie was ranked 7th in reality star searches but that is about it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, wasn't that hilarious?? Went right over the OT's sideways baseball cap. Like Colleen, the guy has no sense of humour.

It's the only thing I have found enjoyable about BB - the odd quips that HMs come out with and they are worth the wait. I still chuckle at him dancing with Danica and looking over his shoulder to the others and saying 'it's like dancing with a shopping trolley'. Really hope he wins.
  • Options
    Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My friend who lives in Texas had never heard of him.
  • Options
    goldieloxgoldielox Posts: 8,425
    Forum Member
    I googled him last night.

Under "the situation" the result was 1.2 billion. Obviously a fair proportion of results will not be about him, and will include general "situation" results too.
    Under his actual name the result was under 4 million.
    Under "The Situation Sorentino" the result is 2.4 million.

Bieber - 850 million or so.
    Jesus - 850 million or so.
    Jersey Shore itself - under 400 million.

(Incidentally Danica is around 3 million, Jasmine 4 million, Martin Kemp 1.2 million, Julian half a million, Julie 300,000......so under real names Danica is now as Googled as Mike, and Jasmine is more Googled than Mike)
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    I always knew Mike talked poo :D
  • Options
    lexicalsavantelexicalsavante Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    Yes wrote: »
    given that 'the' is excluded in google, the word 'situation' will be googled a lot and there's no way of differentiating when it is referring to the occasional table.

I highly doubt 'mike sorrentino' is a frequently googled search

The guy's a complete and utter dullard who only escapes my wrath because the likes of Julie just blow him away in terms of repulsiveness.

I'm sure he is quaking in his boots about"your wrath"lol
  • Options
    DevonDevon Posts: 4,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rank

2011:1 Justin Bieber

2 Kim Kardashian

3 Jennifer Aniston

4 Lindsay Lohan

5 Jennifer Lopez

6 Britney Spears

7 Katy Perry

8 Megan Fox

9 Lady Gaga

10 Miley Cyrus
  • Options
    DevonDevon Posts: 4,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2011′s Top Ten Searched Reality Stars:

1. Kim Kardashian
    2. Kate Gosselin
    3. Khloe Kardashian
    4. Heidi Montag
    5. Kourtney Kardashian
    6. Kendra Wilkinson
    7. Snooki (Nicole Polizzi)
    8 Kristin Cavallari
    9. Audrina Patridge
    10. Tori Spelling

he's lying .... he's not even on the reality star list either.
  • Options
    topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i had a look at a few different lists and I couldnt find him, incidently I also couldnt find Jesus who he claimed was number 10 so I wonder what he was talking about?

Could it have been one particular day/week perhaps when something was happening on Jersey Shore?
  • Options
    FirewalkerFirewalker Posts: 2,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He must have been looking at his browsing history