The Hollyoaks Awards 2012 - THE RESULTS

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I love that it's a forum thing that Doug was "hugged gay"...I've seen it by at least 20 different FMs now :D
  • ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BEST EXIT

41.7% Karen Hasan - LYNSEY NOLAN
    32.8% Scarlett Bowman - MADDIE MORRISON
    25.3% Andrew Moss - RHYS ASHWORTH

Winning 'Best Exit' is Karen Hasan who departed earlier this year after being murdered by doctor Paul Browning. In the run-up to her departure, Lynsey turned detective to find out a number of secrets including one shared between Walker and Ally plus finding out that Mercedes was Mitzeee's stalker. Her death was kept a secret thus providing a shock for the viewers. Lynsey was a popular character and has been missed. If only because there's one less Irish person in the village!
    Evil teen Maddie came 2nd in the poll who got her comeuppance in a big way thanks to a flying car door, the bully is no longer there to terrorize poor Esther but her croonies will carry that on, her final words made sure to that,
    Another victim of the car crash was cheating Rhys Ashworth's who death caused some brilliant acting by Claire Cooper. Rhys was a popular member of the Village who'd been a regular face since 2005 so his death marks another long term Hollyoak's resident departing.
  • BOOM-BBBOOM-BB Posts: 1,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this being finished or not? :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    YES! I was meant to post in here. My laptop with all the information on is broke at the moment and in the repair shop. I'm getting it back on Monday so I will hopefully continue with this Monday evening. :D
  • BOOM-BBBOOM-BB Posts: 1,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ThaGazBoi wrote: »
    YES! I was meant to post in here. My laptop with all the information on is broke at the moment and in the repair shop. I'm getting it back on Monday so I will hopefully continue with this Monday evening. :D

Awesome :D thank you ;)
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,620
    Forum Member
    Which categories are still to be covered?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    THIS will be continued! I've lost all the information so I have to go through the original votes and re-count the awards we have left, but I'm going to get started with that right away! Damn having to reboot my PC and losing everything.
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,502
    Forum Member
    I thught there was a 2012 Hollyoaks awards thing
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's quite a black humour most of the time. He gets quite a few good one-liners, and also his many internal contradictions can be quite funny. For example, the scene where he answered the door to Bart McQueen and was absolutely scaring him witless, all-the-while wearing a 'Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend' eye mask. I liked his 'Don't analyse me, shop boy' scene with George a while back as well.

I reckon he's great at comedy as well as drama. Then again, humour is a very subjective thing, and you usually have to like the character in general in order to find them funny, so I think we may end up agreeing to disagree!

Looking forward to seeing who managed to pinch the 'Best Partnership' award :):o

i agree with you, brendan's got a dark and quirky oddball humour about him. he also has absolutely some of the best one liners in the show. sometimes it takes me a couple of seconds to realise quite what he's said to someone and then i crack up at what a cheeky b*stard he really is!!:D
    i find him hilarious!

i didn't vote in any of these at all because i wasn't aware of the thread, but i'm loving the results so far and agree with all of them, possibly except bar one (phoebe being the best new comer...though i suppose i get it).

re: character you'd most like to see go - literally ANY(/all) of those! plus a few more i could name! thankfully we're already shot of ally and bart...

great poll though gazboi!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ThaGazBoi wrote: »
    BEST SINGLE EPISODE
    Last Year's Winner - Halloween Fright Night - Silas Strikes Again

01. 50.7% The Minibus crash and deaths
    19.4% Brendan vs Walker and Riley shot dead
    17.9% Lynsey Nolan's death
    11.9% The Hiest with Brendan and Walker

The Minibus crash and the deaths of Maddie (Boo!), Rhys, Jono and Neil (Aww!) is the clear winner of the Best Single Episode. Every once in a while, behind the dirge of Texas and the Teens, comes a storyline that actually is really good in Hollyoaks land. And putting aside Ste and Doug's wedding after Doug was hugged gay a mere couple of months before, this episode was really quite an effective storyline and paved the way for some good dramatic aftermaths (basically Claire Cooper is Queen of Life). Whilst many people cheered when Maddie finally met her maker (I did, after I stopped LOLing at the sheer brilliance of her death) and many people sobbed when cheater!Rhys popped his clogs with a sobbing Jacqui by his side, the episode showed that Hollyoaks CAN do a good episode if they focus on the right characters, and you know, throw in a death or FOUR.
    The episode in which fit Riley was shot by accident during Brendan and Walker's fight came 2nd in the poll, but it really wasn't ever in contetion of the win whilst Inspecter Lynsey Nolan's shock (and yes, this really was a shock!) death at the hands of evil panto doctor Paul Browning polled third.
    Another Bralker episode comes last. The Hiest, in which I have to admit had me on the my edge of seat, came last in the poll.

:D:D i love your commentaries!
    my personal favourite episodes were the heist and lynsey's death, but the crash was a really obvious 'spectacular' one, so, again i agree with the result.