CS - Leeane - hypocrite?

Comments

• AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but you can only keep repeating someone's past offences if they keep on making them over and over without any regrets. Jeez even criminals are given a clean sheet after a long spell of keeping a clean nose. And actually if I were a child or Simon i'd much prefer to be kept with a stable parent than with a pair of unpredictable sex obsessed me me me ers. How about you
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Andrea I explained why we needed to be reminded of her past offences and that she hasn't changed anyway. Leanne is selfish and spiteful. She's not looking out for Simon's best interests she's protecting her own. She's marrying someone she doesn't love for financial security and so as not to be on her own and is allowing Simon to be part of that and possibly hurt by that and she uses him in her battles with Peter and Carla.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing that gets me about Leanne is she uses Simon as an excuse to have a go at Peter at any opportunity. Just now when she found out Simon was missing, she was more concerned with showing her anger to Peter than she was worried about Simon.
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    Leanne is a bitter, two bit brass. She, too, needs to be taught some humility and it should be done in a very harsh manner.
  • gizmocrystalgizmocrystal Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is annoying.
    First shes with peter then has affair with nick, then back with peter then with nick and from what im seeing she wants peter again.

I thought Nick was her sweetheart??:rolleyes:

And she has got a holier than thou attitude.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    mo mouse wrote: »
    Leanne is a bitter, two bit brass. She, too, needs to be taught some humility and it should be done in a very harsh manner.

HAHA, Hilarious, bad people get there comeuppance on Coronation Street. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if I were Leanne how I'd react. scratch that i think i do.Every time I saw that sleazy mug on Peter Barlow i'd throw some darts at it. I was just watching tonights episode when Carla so irritatingly claimed to be leaving, but of course isn't, and she started to blub about how Leanne hated the her, and I thought to meself, what, what the feck? She is only talking about the woman whose husband that she targeted and seduced, the Leanne whose family she destroyed, the person who she verbally abused and derided in public, who she wishes dead. And she's upset that Leanne hates HER. Its just not fair. She has no right to not like Carla. Maybe Carla would be better off extracting her head from out of her arse and trying to think about becoming a grown up.
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »

You love her!! Thats why she gets so you so mad ;) Secrety you fantasize about her hitching her little skirt up and pulling down her skippy.............................and sitting on............. :D
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    CherryRose wrote: »
    You love her!! Thats why she gets so you so mad ;) Secrety you fantasize about her hitching her little skirt up and pulling down her skippy.............................and sitting on............. :D

Pass the sick bucket.
  • Goldbear86Goldbear86 Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AndreaMC wrote: »
    I don't know if I were Leanne how I'd react. scratch that i think i do.Every time I saw that sleazy mug on Peter Barlow i'd throw some darts at it. I was just watching tonights episode when Carla so irritatingly claimed to be leaving, but of course isn't, and she started to blub about how Leanne hated the her, and I thought to meself, what, what the feck? She is only talking about the woman whose husband that she targeted and seduced, the Leanne whose family she destroyed, the person who she verbally abused and derided in public, who she wishes dead. And she's upset that Leanne hates HER. Its just not fair. She has no right to not like Carla. Maybe Carla would be better off extracting her head from out of her arse and trying to think about becoming a grown up.

Exactly. I mean why would Carla expect her boyfriends ex wife to like her? The same ex wife that whilst she was in hospital she was trying to seduce her husband. But then Carla has form for taking what isn't hers.;)
    Forum Member
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    Exactly. I mean why would Carla expect her boyfriends ex wife to like her? The same ex wife that whilst she was in hospital she was trying to seduce her husband. But then Carla has form for taking what isn't hers.;)

The same ex wife that had an affair with her own ex husband that only ended when Peter was hospitalized. Come to think of it it's hypocritical of Leanne to be mad at Carla for 'seducing' her husband when you think she 'seduced' her own boyfriend's married Dad :eek: as well as having the affair with Nick :cool:
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with trevor tiger, made excellent points.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The same ex wife that had an affair with her own ex husband that only ended when Peter was hospitalized. Come to think of it it's hypocritical of Leanne to be mad at Carla for 'seducing' her husband when you think she 'seduced' her own boyfriend's married Dad :eek: as well as having the affair with Nick :cool:

But that's irrelevant to Carla, Peter and Lianne? By that logic Carla's affair with Liam doesn't paint her in the best light either?:confused:

Leanne has every right to be mad at Carla, Peter accepted Lianne cheated on him - they got married and they moved on. It wasn't a license for Peter and Carla to start up an affair- two wrongs don't make a right. Yes she cheated but she went on to be a supportive wife and mum particularly when Peter was falling off the wagon. So yes Leanne may have cheated but she redeemed herself. Carla to me just wants what she can't have. In her case it's married men and to hell with the consequences for the family involved.:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes and wasn't it particularly lovely how Carla spat out to Leanne about being barren, armed with the knowledge the she herself had been going out of her way to seduce Leanne's husband while she was losing his baby? What the hell would that be like/ i'm glad I don't know. I think the writers have very little awareness for how deep peoples feelings tend to run. Carla has some kind of personality disorder which i'm quite familiar with having a similar type person in my own immediate family. Someone who demands to be pandered to, to be accomodated and consoled for their horrible behaviour in the knowledge that someone else doing the exact same thing would be rebuked and reviled. It makes this type of person feel that they get special treatment/ are priviledged in some way and then of course they want to continue and do it more and more to prove the point and feel the power, just like a little child insisting on always having its own way and realising a sense of power over silly adults. She's a forty year old brat. Certainly not like a self sufficient adult (she's supposed to be ) who hasn't been privileged and petted all their life.
    Forum Member
    priscilla wrote: »
    I agree with trevor tiger, made excellent points.

But that's irrelevant to Carla, Peter and Lianne? By that logic Carla's affair with Liam doesn't paint her in the best light either?:confused:

Leanne has every right to be mad at Carla, Peter accepted Lianne cheated on him - they got married and they moved on. It wasn't a license for Peter and Carla to start up an affair- two wrongs don't make a right. Yes she cheated but she went on to be a supportive wife and mum particularly when Peter was falling off the wagon. So yes Leanne may have cheated but she redeemed herself. Carla to me just wants what she can't have. In her case it's married men and to hell with the consequences for the family involved.:cool:

The thread is about Leanne being a hypocrite so what I've posted is highly relevant.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The thread is about Leanne being a hypocrite so what I've posted is highly relevant.

I disagree. Bringing up a very old relationship of Leanne's that has nothing to do with the current events or characters is irrelevant.
    Forum Member
    I disagree. Bringing up a very old relationship of Leanne's that has nothing to do with the current events or characters is irrelevant.

The OP wondered if Leanne is a hypocrite because she is looking down her nose at behaviours of others when she herself has some morally dubious behaviours. I agree with the OP that she is a hypocrite and have cited my reasons why in more than one post. I am being relevant to the thread.
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to love her character. Infact the actress was really good in the past. The producers have completely destroyed her character IMO. She appears more needy, sanctimonious and full of herself. What happened to the nice clothes she used to wear. I say bring back the Battersby's and let Leane be herself.
  • lightonmyfeetlightonmyfeet Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing that gets me about Leanne is she uses Simon as an excuse to have a go at Peter at any opportunity. Just now when she found out Simon was missing, she was more concerned with showing her anger to Peter than she was worried about Simon.

That is what i don't like about the character of Leanne, and why she does come across as a hypocrite. You are supposed to love your child more than you hate your former partner, but Leanne wants to score points and have a go at Peter more than she appears to want to keep Simon's feelings soothed over.

There is a purpose I feel to all this. However sanctimonious she is coming across, these scenes (through the wonderful acting of Jane Danson) are portraying that for Leanne there is unfinished business as far as her feelings for Peter are concerned. The apparently hypocritical behaviour stems from her feelings for Peter having been stirred up again. Definitely on the simmer, i think.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't be the only one who finds Leeane's holier than thou attitude a tad annoying?

I know Carla was out of order picking up Simon in the car whilst drunk, and then going on a bender, but why does Leeane ALWAYS have to make out she is Mrs Perfect?

She was ( and still is IMO) a right little madam, and was an arsonist, prostitute and committed fraud in her previous life.

I warmed to her slightly when she helped Peter through his cold turkey and on to recovery and took Simon under her wing, but she is now showing that a leopard doesn't change its spots,
    The OP wondered if Leanne is a hypocrite because she is looking down her nose at behaviours of others when she herself has some morally dubious behaviours. I agree with the OP that she is a hypocrite and have cited my reasons why in more than one post. I am being relevant to the thread.

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it, I still will not agree using a past relationship that ended at least 5 years ago is relevant to Lianne "looking her down her nose at people and having a holier than thou attitude" I don't think it's that, I think anyone with any common sense would see that she wants to protect Simon. Of course she isn't going to want Simon going in a car with a drunk, the same drunk that ran her mother down in the past year! It's understandable. If that makes Leanne hypocritical, what on earth does it say about Carla that she keeps repeating her mistakes? Screwing married men, hitting the bottle etc etc. Just to turn it on its head.

Yes Leanne has done some very questionable things in her past, however she has grown up and has redeemed herself. I really fail to understand why when people point out negatives about Carla that are true, the comeback is always "Well Leanne did this in the past" I mean its the past, she doesn't do these things now. If she did then yes she would be fair game for criticism but she does not. It's almost like people don't want to accept that the resident corrie lush is less than perfect. No character is perfect.
  • mvlocamvloca Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As far as Simon is concerned Carla has broken up his happy home, Peter then installed her in their home and told Simon she's now his Mum.
    Well it's no surprise that Simon doesn't like Carla, the fact that she doesn't get on with children doesn't help either.

Yes!!! His life was pretty stable when Peter and Leanne were married. After they split, add to Carla being moved in straight away (who does that??) Simon knew Peter was drinking again and Carla was too. Given that Peter drinking has brought Simon's life nothing but chaos no wonder he was frightened and unhappy!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,750
    Forum Member
    I hate Leanne, I hate Carla...

Leanne is wrong, Carla is wrong...

Bla, bla, bla, bla, bla.
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mvloca wrote: »
    Well she's a good mother and puts Simon first so personally I don't think her past actions have any bearing on her current standing.
    I must add I really like Peter, both as a character and Chris' portrayal. But you can't say he's always put Simon first, he loves him of course, but has definitely acted selfishly to the detriment of his son.
    CherryRose wrote: »
    Leanne has made mistakes in her past but she was young, her been a prostitute was out of desperation you can't judge the character for that. Leanne has matured and she loves Simon, her reaction to Carla was the same as how most mothers would be. Carla tore Leanne and Simons world apart, just like she did to Maria, Carla is old enough to understand and know the consequences of her actions but she doesn't care.
    Agreed
  • Moomin STFCMoomin STFC Posts: 4,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sylar11 wrote: »
    I hate Leanne, I hate Carla...

Leanne is wrong, Carla is wrong...

Bla, bla, bla, bla, bla.

Thanks for that contribution.
  • Moomin STFCMoomin STFC Posts: 4,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with those who said that she is partly behaving as she does because she is still in love with Peter. I don't read spoilers, but I don't think that this marriage to Nick is going to be the end of it. (Nick was clearly annoyed with Leeane when she went off on one about Carla and wishing her dead and when they were brawling in the street).
    And yes - that is taking priority over her concern about Simon.