Who is the most overrated artist out of this list?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just a quick poll to see who people on here reckon is the most overrated artist of the last few years. Please be nice and respect everyone's opinions, even if you don't agree with them :)

WHO IS THE MOST OVERRATED ARTIST?? 198 votes

KATY PERRY
5% 11 votes
LADY GAGA
24% 49 votes
KYLIE MINOGUE
6% 12 votes
BRITNEY SPEARS
7% 14 votes
JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE
5% 10 votes
JUSTIN BIEBER
30% 61 votes
CHRIS BROWN
11% 23 votes
LIL WAYNE
9% 18 votes

Comments

• ***KEL******KEL*** Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Duffy was so Over rated in my opinion
  • Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't particularly like any but britney by far! She has so many delusional fans who think she is iconic and and an amazing artist when really she mimed to a few hits ten years ago and is only famous for being a bad mother and basically being dead behind the eyes. I don't like gaga (anymore) or bieber but at least they have some sort of talent.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I voted for Justin Bieber. What is so special about him? His music is nothing special, it's just fairly average teen pop fodder. I think he's trying too hard to be like Justin Timberlake but it doesn't seem to work very well. And don't get me started on the Beliebers (in other words his fans) :eek:
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neither

If only Beyonce had been included
  • AudioRebelAudioRebel Posts: 32,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I voted for the aggressive & obnoxious Chris Brown though surprised the talentless blow-up doll that is Nicki Minaj wasn't listed.
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Is Nicki Minaj "rated" though, I mean I know she's had some hits but is she widely regarded as a great artist? I like her songs but I don't know if people will still be in to her in ten years.
    But stranger things have happened.

I'm inclined to go with Britney because a lot of what she has done was not really due to her as an "artist" and more to do with her being in the right place at the right time. Others will argue that's not the case and credit her with all sorts but in my opinion,yeah she's overrated.
    Chris Brown as well, I never really got the hype around him before the Rhianna incident, and I certainly don't get it now.
  • ScrubberScrubber Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a hard one between Beiber, Gaga and Lil Wayne.

I went Bieber
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I voted for Justin Bieber (although I do like a few of his songs). I would have voted for Rita Ora if she'd been on there. Or Jessie J.
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely Justin Bieber. I have heard him sing live and he is awful! I am glad no one has voted for Kylie Minogue (don't vote now :mad:) and TBH I don't even know why she is on the list. She is a legend.
  • newplanetnewplanet Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    I voted Bieber. I spent a fortnight in the USA a couple of years ago and that pushed me right over the edge, when he was literally on TV ALL THE TIME. What an obnoxious little upstart he is!

So glad nobody has voted Minogue (yet), since she's possibly the most UNDERrated star on the list. 25 years in the business and still people write her off as untalented pap. :(
  • newplanetnewplanet Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    Grrr... someone just voted for her. Hang your head in shame, whoever you are!!! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Lil wayne i would say
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    Bieber...
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    I'd say Lady Gaga.

Justin Bieber and Lil Wayne I wouldn't consider overrated, since while they both have a lot of fans, they're also widely hated.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justin Bieber, his voice is painful to listen to, he sounds like he's straining with every note, and his music is awful and all about the same stuff.
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Does everyone actually know what 'overrated' means? how can Beiber be in the lead when nobody takes him seriously apart from little girls?
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To the people who voted for Kylie Minogue...http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz1pxfelXt1qfjjak.gif
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,105
    Forum Member
    Bieber.
    I can appreciate it when girls lust for these male pop acts, but I usually expect the music to have something to it aswell. But his music is just awful to me, I literally can't bear it.
  • Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a quick poll to see who people on here reckon is the most overrated artist of the last few years. Please be nice and respect everyone's opinions, even if you don't agree with them :)

All of them.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bieber's the worst but does anyone really rate him as an artist?
  • scruffpotscruffpot Posts: 4,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    apart from Kylie.. are any of them considered to be artists?
  • ChateauMarmontChateauMarmont Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Robbie Williams or Olly Murs had been on there I'd definitely have voted for them!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scruffpot wrote: »
    apart from Kylie.. are any of them considered to be artists?

Gaga thinks she's some kind of Icon I think. She certainly thinks she's up there with Bowie, Madonna, M. Jackson, Elvis. Desperate, clingy person that needs to be loved and adored.
  • deanieboydeanieboy Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I voted for the Bieber - beyond overrated!!
  • tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are all shit.