Should Hazel press charges?

Comments

• EchoFallsEchoFalls Posts: 3,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jakone-Bee wrote: »
    I assume the police would like to speak to Daley anyway but I think pressing charges is something Hazel needs to consider.

Maybe he should press charges for having his shorts pulled down.
  • Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lets be honest whether its to make up or to capitalize on it the only outcome will be column inches.
  • Wildrover06Wildrover06 Posts: 4,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bev75 wrote: »
    if the police view it and deem it as assault, they wouldn't need Hazel to press charges.
    I don't need to be argumentative but are you sure?

My understanding of it is that firstly it would have to be reported by someone, then they must investigate & if they deem it as assault Hazel would have to decide whether or not she wants to press charges, as the incident didn't happen in a public place.

They can't just watch an edited tv show & decide that it's assault off their own bat,or can they?
  • Bev75Bev75 Posts: 1,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My understanding of it is that firstly it would have to be reported by someone, then they must investigate & if they deem it as assault Hazel would have to decide whether or not she wants to press charges, as the incident didn't happen in a public place.

They can't just watch an edited tv show & decide that it's assault off their own bat,or can they?

Postive as I was told this after my ex headbutted me, threw me across our bedroom infront of our baby's crib then continued to kick and punch me. I wanted to 'change him' the policeman said, we don't need you to press charges, we can do it after seeing this evidence.

Need anymore info? I have loads.

Edit: Sorry that sounds arsy on my behalf, I went on the defensive without need, you was just asking. Yes they can and do press charges without the other side giving permission.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member

Of course they can.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They can indeed. Policies were changed to stop victims of domestic violence being put in fear to stop them reporting it. No victim statement is needed if there is other evidence. The police can, of course, have access to unedited footage.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    Well she's just stated on LF that she can't believe Daley is gone & that she is so disappointed, so I doubt if she is even considering pressing charges.

Just as well she didn't hear his comments in the DR just before he was turfed out.

what did he say??
  • SunnysSunnys Posts: 1,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we should all call the police on Hazel's behalf and when she comes out we will direct her to the police station. We should all hold her hands.. It will be tough guys but we can do it... I just hope we don't cry :(
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haribo76 wrote: »
    It would be a mistake. because he could immediately press counter charges, particularly for sexual assault when she pulled his pants down.

Which would get worse charge? Pulling down of pants, or putting hands around throat? Dan would prob know actually wouldn't he (he must have seen cases). It would be interesting to know who would be the worse off if either made such charge.

Sometimes when women say they've been sexually assaulted by men to the police they don't always get taken seriously, but at least Daley would have a video to show (as too hazel I guess).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    I sometimes wonder what planet people are on.......

Most people are judging the events last night with what was shown on the main show, and not the live feed which showed at lot more and in context.

I no way condone violence against anyone and I do think Daley went to far, but if you watched the whole 2 hours of live feed which was only them, then they are both equally to blame. Hazel is in no way the hapless victim in this incident, more of a co-conspirator. Big Brother portrayed it how they wanted you to see it, and we don't know what went on after the live feed ended.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jasmine972 wrote: »
    what did he say??

He lost his temper because he (reasonably but wrongly) thought he was being thrown out at her request. No doubt he has calmed down and learned the facts now.
  • fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    Miriam_R wrote: »
    Which would get worse charge? Pulling down of pants, or putting hands around throat? Dan would prob know actually wouldn't he (he must have seen cases).

What about holding a pillow over someone's face?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [Delete
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which would get worse charge? Pulling down of pants, or putting hands around throat? Dan would prob know actually wouldn't he (he must have seen cases).

It doesn't matter which is worse, two wrongs do not make a right. She should have been called to the DR as soon as she pulled his shorts down.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crewman wrote: »

Most people are judging the events last night with what was shown on the main show, and not the live feed which showed at lot more and in context.

I no way condone violence against anyone and I do think Daley went to far, but if you watched the whole 2 hours of live feed which was only them, then they are both equally to blame. Hazel is in no way the hapless victim in this incident, more of a co-conspirator. Big Brother portrayed it how they wanted you to see it, and we don't know what went on after the live feed ended.

He looked far more clearly to blame on the live feed than he did on the highlights. It showed a long preceding period of aggressive behaviour by him.
  • LockesLockes Posts: 6,568
    Forum Member
    I'm seriously considering making a complaint to the police and would encourage others to do the same.

yeah I'd love to be behind you when you do 'Hi officer I want to make a complaint about something I saw on Big Brother' :rolleyes:
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    What about holding a pillow over someone's face?

I don't remember that happening, I'll have to watch that back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm seriously considering making a complaint to the police and would encourage others to do the same.

Ring 999.:D
  • fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member

She did that to him before he did anything to her. (Not excusing anything he did, though)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She sat on him and smothered him with a pillow.
  • Wildrover06Wildrover06 Posts: 4,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bev75 wrote: »
    Postive as I was told this after my ex headbutted me, threw me across our bedroom infront of our baby's crib then continued to kick and punch me. I wanted to 'change him' the policeman said, we don't need you to press charges, we can do it after seeing this evidence.

Need anymore info? I have loads.

Edit: Sorry that sounds arsy on my behalf, I went on the defensive without need, you was just asking. Yes they can and do press charges without the other side giving permission.
    Thanks Bev & sorry to hear of your first hand experience of this. I just wasn't sure about the legalities & was curious.
  • Bev75Bev75 Posts: 1,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crewman wrote: »

Do you work on BB then? I would love to ask, at what point, regardless of Hazel acting out (which I do not agree with at all) was it ok for Daley to do what he did?
  • LockesLockes Posts: 6,568
    Forum Member
    EchoFalls wrote: »
    Ring 999.:D

NO THIS IS NOT BB5 :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NO THIS IS NOT BB5 :D:D

lol :)
  • Jakone-BeeJakone-Bee Posts: 1,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah I'd love to be behind you when you do 'Hi officer I want to make a complaint about something I saw on Big Brother' :rolleyes:

As a witness I feel it's my right.