ED - Chas and Paddy spoiler

Comments

• evoleevole Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    I did like them together, but personally, if I were Rhona and I did get off the drugs, I would NEVER forgive Paddy for dumping me, after promising me we'd get through it together, and then telling me he didn't want me back even if I did get clean. :mad::mad:

And I noticed last night, Paddy seemed in surprisingly good humour, buggering about 'comedically' (:rolleyes:) with the real love of his life, Marlon. So when he does have his little one-off with Chas, he can hardly claim he was distraught, seeking comfort etc. :mad::mad:

BIB: Oh most definitely! As far I'm concerned, Paddy blew it when he washed his hands of Rhona because basically he couldn't live with a recovering drug addict and "she's not the woman I fell in love with" BS! TPTB should split them up.
  • GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    star89 wrote: »
    I agree with you MissLola (Freeze frame, print the screen and alert the Guinness book of world records; I doubt this will happen again :o:p). I love Chas but come on love surely you've learnt not to sleep with other people's partners by now :rolleyes:

I'm not sure how I feel about Rhona and Paddy. They've changed them so much that I can't decide who's the worse one. I have to say though that I didn't like the way Paddy treated her at all. I know what she's done is wrong but she is an addict. So I'm still undecided on this relationship. In my own opinion once someone has slept with someone else the relationship is over but this is my view and doesn't apply to everyone.

I don't think Rhona has changed that much. She's always been selfish and had to be in control. When she lost control of her drug taking she had to lie to cover the weakness - both to herself and others. Now she's accepted it's too much for her to handle on her own.

But what's happened to Paddy? Where's the Paddy who was so strong and supportive to Aaron? If he can't do that for Rhona, it suggests he hasn't cared much for her for a long time. I wonder if the rot set in during the emigration story and his suspension, when she often made him feel useless and inferior (not hard to do with him). I got the feeling that he was glad of an excuse to finish it, last week.

Either way, reuniting him and Chas is a serious mistake. Neither of them are in the right frame of mind to do that at the moment.
  • star89star89 Posts: 24,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Rhona has changed that much. She's always been selfish and had to be in control. When she lost control of her drug taking she had to lie to cover the weakness - both to herself and others. Now she's accepted it's too much for her to handle on her own.

But what's happened to Paddy? Where's the Paddy who was so strong and supportive to Aaron? If he can't do that for Rhona, it suggests he hasn't cared much for her for a long time. I wonder if the rot set in during the emigration story and his suspension, when she often made him feel useless and inferior (not hard to do with him). I got the feeling that he was glad of an excuse to finish it, last week.

Either way, reuniting him and Chas is a serious mistake. Neither of them are in the right frame of mind to do that at the moment.

I can't remember Rhona before the drugs :o My memory is shocking, especially when it comes to the characters I don't care much about :o But I totally agree with you over Paddy.
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    Chas has had some jobs whiles shes been in Dales.

Occupation
    Stripper (2000–02)

Café waitress (2003–05)

Veterinary practice manager (2004–05)

Taxi driver (2006–09)

Barmaid (2003–05, 2006–)

Factory supervisor
    (2010–11)

Pub landlady (2011–)

There wasn't any mention of her army career when she got invalided out with a broken leg :rolleyes:

They cant make her pregnant can they :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We know Paddy wants his own kid, so Chas getting pregnant by him would be hilarious and hopefully finish off his marriage to Rhona! Rhona needs to get with Vanessa, err, somebody else, lol.:D
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Paddy has always been quite hard about cutting wives / girlfriends off once they did something that he didn't like or he just went off them. Look at him with Mandy and especially Emily when he had his affair with Viv. He is also selfish. That whole business last year about the move to NZ came about because he was having some odd mid life crisis where he just wanted more and more to feel satisfied in his life not caring that it either meant Marlon having to leave his friends and family to live as a 3rd wheel to him and Rhona or not see his little boy for years. It's not as though Paddy didn't already have a life with a wife, child, nice home and hood job that most would envy.

Quite frankly I think the way he has treated Rhona is appaling. I know she did some bad things but she was an addict and is now getting help. What happened to 'in sickness and in health'?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LaineyT wrote: »
    Chas has had some jobs whiles shes been in Dales.

Occupation
    Stripper (2000–02)

Café waitress (2003–05)

Veterinary practice manager (2004–05)

Taxi driver (2006–09)

Barmaid (2003–05, 2006–)

Factory supervisor
    (2010–11)

Pub landlady (2011–)

There wasn't any mention of her army career when she got invalided out with a broken leg :rolleyes:

They cant make her pregnant can they :eek:

Whatever happened to Debbie's Taxi firm :confused: Probably the same thing that happened to her ruddy stairs in Tug Ghyll; god bloody knows :rolleyes:
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever happened to Debbie's Taxi firm :confused: Probably the same thing that happened to her ruddy stairs in Tug Ghyll; god bloody knows :rolleyes:

Whatever happened to Debbie's likeability or charming personality?

What am I saying...of course they have never existed!!:D
  • 80's Gal80's Gal Posts: 12,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

BIB: I agree with you. I have no idea what has happened to Paddy. His patience with Rhona didn't last long - and he was only involved in her addiction for five minutes.

Maybe this was just the excuse he needed to break up with her?

I also thought he might have empathised with Vanessa a bit more once he started to see 'Rhona the addict' in action - but no, he still continued to act like a childish buffoon - he didn't seem to be able to get over the fact that Rhona had confided in Vanessa about her addiction rather than him.

I seriously hope that Paddy and Chas are only temporary - I am still convinced that she is earmarked for James Barton anyway ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever happened to Debbie's likeability or charming personality?

What am I saying...of course they have never existed!!:D

They were both ruined during the ridiculous Debbie's mafia storyline :mad::(

*I am ignoring the sarcasm BTW :p:p
  • GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80's Gal wrote: »
    BIB: I agree with you. I have no idea what has happened to Paddy. His patience with Rhona didn't last long - and he was only involved in her addiction for five minutes.

I also thought he might have empathised with Vanessa a bit more once he started to see 'Rhona the addict' in action - but no, he still continued to act like a childish buffoon - he didn't seem to be able to get over the fact that Rhona had confided in Vanessa about her addiction rather than him.

I seriously hope that Paddy and Chas are only temporary - I am still convinced that she is earmarked for James Barton anyway ;)
    Yeah, I reckon she'll get with him at some point. If he's the same type as John he might be down to earth and stable enough to suit her after all of the more (ahem) 'exciting' blokes she's had. Or he might turn out to be a bit of a bad 'un, and she's evidently got a taste for them too. Paddy wants a mother not a partner.
  • Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,385
    Forum Member
    They were both ruined during the ridiculous Debbie's mafia storyline :mad::(

*I am ignoring the sarcasm BTW :p:p

pah! :mad:

;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why should Paddy sympathise with Vanessa? She's a homewrecker. Paddy also knows that Vanessa manipulated Rhona as much as Rhona manipulated Vanessa.
  • 80's Gal80's Gal Posts: 12,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MissLola wrote: »
    Why should Paddy sympathise with Vanessa? She's a homewrecker. Paddy also knows that Vanessa manipulated Rhona as much as Rhona manipulated Vanessa.

Yes exactly, once Paddy found out how manipulative Rhona could be he should have empathised more with what Vanessa had gone though with her.

I am not suggesting that it was one sided but when Paddy found out about her addiction he immediately blamed Vanessa and thought Rhona was the victim.
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CherryRose wrote: »
    Chas's real soul mate was slaughtered by BLACKBURN. It should have been Carl and Chas forever....

Yeh don't know whose clever idea it was to kill off Carl.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    Yeh don't know whose clever idea it was to kill off Carl.:)

He's a King.. he had to go sometime :p:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Somethings telling me that Rodney and Terry took that over and because Rodney has got a brain the size of a walnut, it went bust!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't remember Rhona before the drugs :o My memory is shocking, especially when it comes to the characters I don't care much about :o But I totally agree with you over Paddy.

I never thought twice about Rhona, but now I wanna marry her!:D:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agreed and Rhona's sharp comment about him always running to Marlon certainly had some truth in it. He can do that, but she can't do the same with Nessa?
  • KaylaLKaylaL Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always disliked Rhona, never liked her first time around neither. She was forever putting Paddy down. And any man would be angry if he found out that his wife was confiding in another person other than him...esp when it was looking like Vanessa could be a potential partner for Rhona.

I don't blame him for leaving her...if she truely wanted to quit the drugs..she would have gone immediately to rehab...but she thought she could manipulate him the same way as she did Vanessa and he was having none of it.

I think he finally seen how manipulative she was and it was the final straw.

I'd like to see him with Chas again....provided it didn't end like before.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KaylaL wrote: »
    I always disliked Rhona, never liked her first time around neither. She was forever putting Paddy down. And any man would be angry if he found out that his wife was confiding in another person other than him...esp when it was looking like Vanessa could be a potential partner for Rhona.

I don't blame him for leaving her...if she truely wanted to quit the drugs..she would have gone immediately to rehab...but she thought she could manipulate him the same way as she did Vanessa and he was having none of it.

I think he finally seen how manipulative she was and it was the final straw.

I'd like to see him with Chas again....provided it didn't end like before.

BiB: mmm, Vanessa was looking like a potential partner wasn't she?:D

BiB: I agree with this because see above BIB, lol... Hate Paddy and I hope Chas gets knocked up.
  • Wench02Wench02 Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CherryRose wrote: »
    Chas's real soul mate was slaughtered by BLACKBURN. It should have been Carl and Chas forever....

Quote of the day!
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    Chas and Paddy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of soap's / TV's / Britain's sexiest women with a snivelling, horrible weael like him. I don't think so.
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    evole wrote: »
    I never thought twice about Rhona, but now I wanna marry her!:D:o

I shall be happy to attend your wedding to Rhona, and you are welcome to attend my wedding to Vanessa!:D:cool:;)

We must, however, both avoid the weddings of Marlon and Laurel and
    Paddy and Chas!
  • PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
    Forum Member
    evole wrote: »
    We know Paddy wants his own kid, so Chas getting pregnant by him would be hilarious and hopefully finish off his marriage to Rhona! Rhona needs to get with Vanessa, err, somebody else, lol.:D
    Paddy is great with Laurel & Marlon's little boy (bless him, he is fantastic in Emmerdale..... love it when they keep in his little bits of chat)., but a child of his own for Paddy would be fantastic!