Hayley's New Friend

iCandy77iCandy77 Posts: 1,457
Forum Member
✭✭✭
From the cancer support group. I forget her name now. Is there something about her? Could she have a possible link to Christian maybe?

Comments

• 'Oaks Addict'Oaks Addict Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wondered the same... perhaps she hasn't got cancer and she and her husband are con artists?

Probably completely wrong but I did get an odd feeling about her.
  • iCandy77iCandy77 Posts: 1,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Oaks wrote:
    I wondered the same... perhaps she hasn't got cancer and she and her husband are con artists?

I did wonder that too. She seemed annoyed when Roy took Hayley away from the bistro too.
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    There's definitely 'something' not quite right with her.
  • David the WavidDavid the Wavid Posts: 2,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt there's anything sinister about her. More likely it's about how her death will affect Hayley.
  • melloncollie06melloncollie06 Posts: 2,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think shes a lot more ill than shes letting on..... i mean closer to the end.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think shes a lot more ill than shes letting on..... i mean closer to the end.

This.
  • Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think they're con artists. I agree that she's probably more ill than she's letting on and CS will show how this affects Hayley.
  • soapmadsoapmad Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She goes in a hospice soon..... Hayley then decides she will die in the same manner
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    So going to die soon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrJames wrote: »
    So going to die soon.

She'll be delighted.
  • AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she looked panic stricken and fearful tonight and looking back on it now it is a startling contrast to the brazen and devil may care attitude she had in her first scenes.
    It has served well to highlight the truth of what is happening to the woman and fair play to them really, they've done well in portraying her true feelings.

Poor woman, she's finding it more and more difficult to ignore the awful truth and she really doesn't want to die.
    It's going to be harrowing for Hayley.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't she have cancer too?

I assumed this lady would die, which scares Hayley in wanting to end her own life rather than letting the cancer torture her.
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She really annoys me. I find her constant jokes about dying a bit inappropriate and not funny. No wonder Roy didn't like her.
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    Thinking about it, a similar thing happened in Eastenders. Tanya grew close to someone who also had cancer and then she suddenly died.
  • TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danyell wrote: »
    She really annoys me. I find her constant jokes about dying a bit inappropriate and not funny.

Agree.^^

I had a friend who was dying of the same cancer. From it being diagnosed to her dying was less than 2 months, but she was so weak and couldn't eat much.
    I know it can effect people differently, but Hayley's energy seems boundless and it just doesn't sit right with me. :-(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Oaks wrote:

I dont think even our Uncle Stuart go down that route!

She just annoys me! I know folk like to keep their spirits up but she looks like she gets a nightly shag from the bloke of her choice! Nobody can be THAT happy!
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,249
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Doesn't she have cancer too?

I assumed this lady would die, which scares Hayley in wanting to end her own life rather than letting the cancer torture her.

I think that is exactly where this is leading. Seeing her die painfully will make Hayley want to choose how she goes - que right to die storyline - even if they don't do it, they can have the conversations.
  • ThamwetThamwet Posts: 2,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Oaks wrote:

She isn't faking, she'll be in hospital drugged up on morphine sometime next week.
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    what about the hubby though, seems a bit odd they way he's being portayed. are he and Roy going to bond, do we think?
  • Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With the way she turns up unannounced all the time and the 'face' she pulled when Roy dared come to get Hailey, I wondered if she was going to go down the usual Corrie route of physco stalker wierdo but I dont think Mr B would do that to Hailey who needs to have her last weeks treated sympathetically and with gentle respect.
  • Redhead69Redhead69 Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know people react differently to the news that they have cancer. When I was told I had ovarian cancer, my world fell apart. I had a three year old son and was getting divorced. I didn't make inappropriate jokes and statements and wasn't happy at all. I was in pain and very upset. Its because of my own experiences that I do not like the woman from the support group (in corrie) and find her behaviour inappropriate and insulting to other cancer sufferers. Its just my view. Just like to add Macmillan are the best.
  • AngiBearAngiBear Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I recognised the woman's husband, but can't think who he is?

Just answered my own question - he was Neville Ashworth in Hollyoaks!
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Thinking about it, a similar thing happened in Eastenders. Tanya grew close to someone who also had cancer and then she suddenly died.
    Yep, but the patient wasn't so 'in your face' about the whole thing.
  • peaches41peaches41 Posts: 5,652
    Forum Member
    She'll be delighted.

Oh dear, but I know just what you mean. She mentions it not just occasionally but ALL the time, at every opportunity.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,643
    Forum Member
    danyell wrote: »
    She really annoys me. I find her constant jokes about dying a bit inappropriate and not funny. No wonder Roy didn't like her.
    Yes, I'm with Roy too. She's very annoying.