Is there something you have tried, but will never, ever try again?

feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Jellied Eels. Never again. It was like eating a mouthful of salt, rubber and Vaseline.

Note - It doesn't have to be about food it can be anything that you wouldn't try again.

Comments

• macsmurraymacsmurray Posts: 2,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are we talking purely food here? If so I'll throw in wet walnuts to the mix. I very rarely want to vomit but I made an exception with them.
  • feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    macsmurray wrote: »
    Are we talking purely food here? If so I'll throw in wet walnuts to the mix. I very rarely want to vomit but I made an exception with them.

No not just food.
    I just added a note under my OP.
    I won't bother with the wet walnuts then.;)
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A certain sex act.:o
  • Amelia_ManonAmelia_Manon Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poi.
    Never again.
  • irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mushrooms... or in fact any hallucinogenic drug..... feeling like reality is coming apart for 6 hours is not a pleasant experience....and there's nothing you can do but ride the thing out... It pretty much put me of any drug stronger than alcohol ever since
  • TylersnanTylersnan Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A certain sex act.:o

Did it involve "Big bear" :D:D:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Riding on a roller-coaster.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being pressurised (bullied) into doing "The Nerve Test" in the Grampians, Australia. It is a rocky outcrop with a sheer drop on each side and the idea is to walk to the end.

My boyfriend at the time did it, posing for a few Japanese tourists, and then he announced that all our group had to do it and I was next. I really didn't want to, I was petrified, but everyone said it was easy and boyfriend did it again to prove it... so I did.

I got nearly all the way to the end, I wobbled coming back. I honestly thought I was going to die. :cry: Google it, you'll see what I mean - I can't even look at the youtubes people have put up.

Of course, after me, no one else did it. They never had any intention of doing so, it was just a "let's scare the Pom" thing. I never forgave bf for that.

I will never be pressurised into anything similar ever again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing I can think of is food related, Snails and Octopus. Snails were a bit earthy and Octopus was like eating rubber.

I forgot, going up the inside of the chimney at Peterhead Power Station, 170m high, where a contractor had died putting up the equipment.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    A phall.

I think it was lamb but all I tasted was flame.
  • JigglyBallJigglyBall Posts: 1,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weed - I know loads of people who smoke, and I tried it twice on two separate occasions. It made me hallucinate both times, and had absolutely no positive effect on me.

Pie and mash - As a born and bred East Londoner, I tried it recently. DISGUSTING. That's all I can say, it was a well-known place but the gravy was thick and salty, the meat in the pie had a very strange smell to it, and the mash was like something out of a packet. Very powdery. I was disappointed.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sushi. My impression of the taste was soggy trainers...like I'm always eating them.
    woodbush wrote: »
    Snails were a bit earthy and Octopus was like eating rubber.

I've never eaten snail but agree with you about octopus. It's just rubbery and tasteless.
  • RellyRelly Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prawns. I've only had one, and nearly vomited with the taste and texture. Absolutely awful things.

Also, shoplifting, to my embarrassment. I was about 9 and for a brief time hung around with a couple of "naughty" girls at school. They were at it all the time, so I ended up trying it. I was so scared, my legs were wobbling. I picked up a packet of Lovehearts and wobbled towards the door, then turned around and put them back. For months (well, probably a week, but it felt longer) I was convinced the police were going to come for me. The two girls told me I was a wimp and stopped hanging around with me. I'm now in my 50s and even after all this time I can remember that fear. :D
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Voyeurism. Well it's not like I can do it again. They'll never let me back in that zoo...:p
  • HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 11,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I organised a two day event for senior managers, where we got to sleep one night on a yacht and race the boats against other teams from the company, a total of 10 boats 40 footers ...well anyway the big boss changed it so junior staff went with me... as a result

these young eager beagers refused to skip a very boring after work meeting, meaning when we got to the yacht club the free bar had been spent and we only had 20 mins of bar time ....they then spent the night scrounging booze from other teams...I had to get one girl from security as they wanted to kick her off the site because she peed outside their cabin in full view...she then went off with someone she met that night and never came back till 8 ish ...another bod in the main cabin had a very explicit convo about an afair they where having ... me and the other lady took the other two cabins each and locked the door...

Well come AM a man who I hadnt realised was on board, becuse he was ill and asleep in the forecabin came out and looked at us like most people would if they had been invaded by Geordie shaw. He was to be the ships captain as back then I didnt have all the quallies . He went home sick and they sent this bloke who really didnt want to be there and made it his aim to make sure we knew that.

So come the racing as he couldnt be assed to put up a spinaker on the down wind bits we lost every single race, one of the ladies insisted she be taken ashore at lunch time as she was home sick and could walk to her house from the beech and the skipper basicly three cold party food at us for lunch.

We won the sodden spoon at the club house afterwards and I dedicated our award tp the skipper obviously didnt know how to not get a complaint about him for his half arsed job.

The whole thing was a embarrassing fiasco, what I thought would be a nice little jolly on the company turned into a much gossiped about debacle where even two compant logo embossed jackets I pulled strings to borrow where stolen and the morons thought I didnt know who had what.

Never again
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cocaine. I felt like shit the next morning.
  • JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    feckit wrote: »
    Jellied Eels. Never again. It was like eating a mouthful of salt, rubber and Vaseline.

Note - It doesn't have to be about food it can be anything that you wouldn't try again.
    Did you know the city of Ely in Cambridgeshire, got it's name because the whole local economy was based on eel fishing?
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Benidorm
  • DisnaeDisnae Posts: 9,479
    Forum Member
    Goats cheese. I could taste the goats!
  • Compton_scatterCompton_scatter Posts: 2,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taking acid, terrible paranoia!
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    Bungee Jumping. You feel indestructible as a youth, but become considerably more cautious in middle age. I've no desire to do it again.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marriage. Never again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A mcdonalds "meal" Yuchhhhhhhhhhhhh :eek:
  • AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Parachute jump. I hated every second. Still raised £400 quid for MIND though.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AnitaS wrote: »
    Parachute jump. I hated every second. Still raised £400 quid for MIND though.
    Well done :) I wouldn't do it even for the most worthy of causes I'm afraid lol... yep, I'm a chicken :D