• ChipPaperChipPaper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :rolleyes:
  • starsailorstarsailor Posts: 11,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan Wootton ‏@danwootton 3m
    BREAKING: @TomDaley1994 reveals he is in a gay relationship in YouTube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJwJnoB9EKw
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Good for him to coming out.
  • leopard_printleopard_print Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would never have guessed .....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good for you, Tom, sweetheart. Hope you were not bullied into announcing it.

Dear DS users, are you happy now? Is it time to speculate about the sexuality of another kid now.
  • ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never expected him to actually to come out, good for him..
  • Default_UserDefault_User Posts: 4,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, that gets that out of the way now.
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    I didn't get involved in the speculation on here but it's not much of a surprise really. Good luck to him.

No doubt the press will be naming the boyfriend in due course :rolleyes:
  • all_nightall_night Posts: 7,615
    Forum Member
    Great on him for coming out in such a lovely video, in his own timing and not by the press.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Coming out can be difficult for most teenagers even in the easiest of situations. To have grown up in the public eye while also finding yourself is something none of us on here would have to experience.

I say good luck Tom and well done on finally being in a place where you felt comfortable enough to be yourself.
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,169
    Forum Member
    Good for Tom. I am sure the majority will admire him for coming out.

There are sure to be a few ignorant trolls who will delight in taunting him, but I am sure that he will be happier now that he has nothing to hide. :)
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Send for Bob Massingbird.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Not surprised at all, but good luck to him. Fingers crossed it was of his own accord & not sdue to the press saying they would out him first.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Feel sorry for him that he felt like he had to announce it, rather than just live his life in peace, but good for him. Glad to see him happy after what he's been through with his dad's illness and death.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good for him.
  • ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whoever the boyfriend is, he is a very lucky man!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    What a cutie pie - I hope he wasn't forced out of the closet by the tabloids or something.

I hate when people on here speculate about peoples sexuality, especially from when they're as young as Tom. It doesn't even seem to occur to some people on here that maybe these young stars don't even know what their sexuality is yet.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a cutie pie - I hope he wasn't forced out of the closet by the tabloids or something.

I hate when people on here speculate about peoples sexuality, especially from when they're as young as Tom. It doesn't even seem to occur to some people on here that maybe these young stars don't even know what their sexuality is yet.

Well put. As I said in another thread, if he has 'come out' can everyone just move on now and let him be.
  • all_nightall_night Posts: 7,615
    Forum Member
    Unless i need to watch it again, i'm sure he doesn't define himself as gay, but rather he's fallen for a guy and dating him. That's really sweet :)
  • nobabydaddynobabydaddy Posts: 2,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I rather suspect that he was forced to make an announcement because the press were going to do it for him.
  • deivu74deivu74 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank the maker it was only to announce he is getting some D. I thought he was going to retire!
  • Ray_SmithRay_Smith Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the radio news I just heard the newsreader mention Daley's quote in which he said he still likes women but that the moment he is dating a man. So I don't think he's fully come out, sort of just a peek out of the closet. ;)

I wonder when/if Cliff Richard will ever do the same? ;)
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    all_night wrote: »
    Unless i need to watch it again, i'm sure he doesn't define himself as gay, but rather he's fallen for a guy and dating him. That's really sweet :)

Can't watch the video as I'm at work, but if that's how he's said it, then that's awesome. I hate that some people expect gay people to 'announce' "I'M GAY!!!!" to the world.
    I rather suspect that he was forced to make an announcement because the press were going to do it for him.

I do hope not. I'd like to think he was just happy and confident in himself and his life, and wanted to share that with his fans and anyone else who cares.