so to all the sam bailey haters saying nicolas mcdonalds will have a better future

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,252
Forum Member
✭✭✭
well looking at this week album chart and single it look like people have gone of him
outside top 40 in single chart and out side for a top ten album

when sam won her people say her carrear is over people said she have no chance in charts and she was lucky to have a number one with sky scrapper

even simon think she not going to have long in carreear and yet people said nicky luke and tamera will have brighter future because young good looking and protential

how wrong people can be

Comments

• billiesmithbilliesmith Posts: 11,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you what, if you like someone - it doesn't matter how they do in comparison to others - just enjoy what they do and don't worry about what anyone else is doing. Makes life a lot simpler :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you what, if you like someone - it doesn't matter how they do in comparison to others - just enjoy what they do and don't worry about what anyone else is doing. Makes life a lot simpler :)

that what i said in the show but people are going to be compared in the music indrusty
  • billiesmithbilliesmith Posts: 11,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But you have no control over that. Enjoy Sam's album when it is released, and don't worry about what Nicky, Luke and Tamera are doing - they are no longer in competition with each other. Success can come in many ways.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But you have no control over that. Enjoy Sam's album when it is released, and don't worry about what Nicky, Luke and Tamera are doing - they are no longer in competition with each other. Success can come in many ways.

i will but i always follow x factor stars suecess like leona iam no fan little mix etc just to see how they get on it a shame when they dont suceseed
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aren't you making these statements after only one day of sales? I would think his album placement is more significant, as someone said on another thread the single is primarily a promotional tool to let people know that the album exists.

Sam and Nicholas are good friends...why slag him off to boost her? Somewhat petty.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aren't you making these statements after only one day of sales? I would think his album placement is more significant, as someone said on another thread the single is primarily a promotional tool to let people know that the album exists.

Sam and Nicholas are good friends...why slag him off to boost her? Somewhat petty.

nope after 2 but it was also reported in paper pus it shown on digital sales data that keeps uptodate chart 24 hours a day i was looking for little mix yesturday there were number 6 now number 7 even the album is outside of top 10 so no

i am not slag him of just since christmas people have slated sam on ds and other media about her sucess and what chance she got in showbiz and how nicolas is going to be more sucessful i actually like both of them
  • cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    Neither of them will probably be around and in the public eye within a year anyway........

I saw Nicholas Macdonald on This Morning recently, and it was so cringeworthy it was unbelievable....

The problem with the people they find on the XF excluding a few is that they are just too ordinary and it's boring!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cas1977 wrote: »
    Neither of them will probably be around and in the public eye within a year anyway........

I saw Nicholas Macdonald on This Morning recently, and it was so cringeworthy it was unbelievable....

The problem with the people they find on the XF excluding a few is that they are just too ordinary and it's boring!

i agree some are boring but you got a few outstanding singers
  • ForeversacredxForeversacredx Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    I honestly think Luke & Tamera will be the biggest acts to come out of this series, Sam & Nicky having albums that are full of covers and being made within a month or two is obviously not doing wonders on their carer. I think they should have worked on it for a year to make sure it's perfect
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly think Luke & Tamera will be the biggest acts to come out of this series, Sam & Nicky having albums that are full of covers and being made within a month or two is obviously not doing wonders on their carer. I think they should have worked on it for a year to make sure it's perfect

I agree Sam and Nicky have good voices particularly Sam but they haven't been given a chance with such rushed singles and albums.I know the record companies want to make money out of them before interests fades but putting out an album of covers is awful.
  • rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    nope after 2 but it was also reported in paper pus it shown on digital sales data that keeps uptodate chart 24 hours a day i was looking for little mix yesturday there were number 6 now number 7 even the album is outside of top 10 so no

i am not slag him of just since christmas people have slated sam on ds and other media about her sucess and what chance she got in showbiz and how nicolas is going to be more sucessful i actually like both of them

People on DS always set one contestant against another ....Leona v Alex B, James V Matt, Rhydian V Leon, etc. It's a bit pointless really.

Digital sales only show the progress of singles basically. Albums sell largely as physicals, so ignore what you've seen about album positions on download data, it won't tell you much .

The midweeks are in tomorrow and at that point, Nicky's album progress will be known. The single is not doing well, but it isn't really the focus as far as a measure of interest goes.

I doubt people have "gone off him". People who watch and vote on reality TV shows are largely not music buyers. Those who are, look for music which appeals to them enough to part with their cash and in all honesty, his label have not exactly done him (or Sam) loads of favours with what they've dished up. :confused: That's not a reflection on the artists, it's how the machine that is the music industry where XF contestants are concerned works. The public dictate who wins, who comes 2nd etc. The label then controls what happens next. It's a cut throat business.

So many variables are at work, it's the luck of the draw a lot of the time the way I see it. What it does give people like Sam and Nicholas is exposure and a platform on which to build that they would never have had otherwise. Who knows how it will work out in the end? No one gave Joe much of a chance after his debut album but lots of people thought James Arthur would fly..... So, it's very unpredictable in the long run the way I see it.
  • DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    well looking at this week album chart and single it look like people have gone of him

when sam won her people say her carrear is over people said she have no chance in charts and she was lucky to have a number one with sky scrapper

even simon think she not going to have long in carreear and yet people said nicky luke and tamera will have brighter future because young good looking and protential

how wrong people can be

You must be so disappointed at the album being a new entry at #6 :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daewos wrote: »
    You must be so disappointed at the album being a new entry at #6 :p

Don't forget, number one in Scotland :D
  • blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as i think Nicholas is OK....
    To be realistic here he's not gonna be renewed unless he pushes total sales of 200-300k album sales. He's gonna do alright out of this because he'll have received a nice advance and he'll be making a decent amount from the tour however the chance of another album is minimal at best. They won't invest in another music video or single as this one has done so poorly. Sales are low right now that unless you're number 1 you've more or less flopped to be honest. I actually think his album is decent and am not a 'hater' more in the middle.

He'll join Marcus, Jahmene, Ray etc as the Mothers Day March releases were no real investment were made into the artist apart from the fact that they came second so they had to give them a contract on that basis only.
  • big bang theorybig bang theory Posts: 4,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

how wrong people can be

Luke's already been signed by Sony, they haven't decided on what label his going to yet.

And to be honest Luke and Tamera will do better than Sam Bailey as they have more potential Music wise in my opinion, plus with Luke he can also get some of the older Music fans on his side as well so he will probably outsell Sam Bailey on every song except for her winners song if promoted properly.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Luke's already been signed by Sony, they haven't decided on what label his going to yet.

And to be honest Luke and Tamera will do better than Sam Bailey as they have more potential Music wise in my opinion, plus with Luke he can also get some of the older Music fans on his side as well so he will probably outsell Sam Bailey on every song except for her winners song if promoted properly.

Folk rock is also quite big right now. Luke's easily going to dominate. Tamera could do quite well with the electropop stuff. I could quite easily see her doing a collab with Avicii or Disclosure. Or do something quite wild and R&B like Wynter Gordon.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    X factor tour must be heading for Cardiff as Sam will be album signing there:

Sam Bailey Official ‏@SamBaileyREAL 2h
    Who's coming down to Sam's album signing this afternoon at @hmvCardiff? Team Sam x #SamBaileyAlbumSigning