Options

Artists who hate their own songs.

Comments

• Options
    Rae_AmuryRae_Amury Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's either because the song is overhyped so much it became their signature song, it overshadows their other stuff and they are bored of playing it live no matter how much they change the arrangement (Teen Spirit, Creep, Wonderwall), or they have grown/changed as artists and don't feel connected to some of their older stuff anymore (Like a Virgin, Oops...)
    I was disappointed when I heard that Damon Albarn dislikes The Universal, as that's the only Blur song I do like. It's almost as if he's insulting my taste! :(

Wow, I didn't know this. I feel the same, it's one of the songs I like the most by them :(
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    mevilhoney wrote: »
    [/B]

He hated/or didn`t rate `D`you Wanna Know A Secret?` which is one of my favourites--I like all the early Beatles stuff--and gave it to George Harrison to sing. Anything he gave to other artists,or George or Ringo, he didn`t rate. Lennon was just trying to be `cool` later on and certainly most of these aren`t `cool` songs.

I love that song. It's one of my favourite Beatles songs.

Amy Winehouse once told an interviewer that a track called 'Amy Amy Amy' on her album 'Frank' was total crap, or words to that effect.

I'm sure she said that the entire album was bad. I seem to remember her mentioning it in an interview with Jonathan Ross.
    Britney apparently hates Outrageous from In The Zone and I think she wasn't happy about it being released as a single (it was supposed to be released but the video wasn't finished as she broke her knee).

I didn't know that.
    Sometimes it can be due to them having a number of important songs but then one gets over-hyped to such a degree that it leaves the other songs in the dust. Like, as mentioned, Kurt Cobain with 'Smells Like Teen Spirit', also Slash with Guns n Roses 'Sweet Child O Mine'.

Absolutely. "...Teen Spirit" is not Nirvana's best song, in my opinion.
    Aneechik wrote: »
    Madonna doesn't like Into The Groove.

I didn't know that. That's one of my favourite Madonna songs.
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mariah Carey hates a lot of her earlier work, particularly hero and I don't want to cry.

Interesting that Madge hates into the groove. That's probably my favourite Madonna song.
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Don't blame Liam Gallagher at all - imo Wonderwall is their worst single and it does baffle me how it cemented such special status as one of their (if not THE) signature tracks.
  • Options
    cashloot147cashloot147 Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love Machine demo.. I did warn you.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9OnFF7IE8Aw

Oh. My. ....... Thank goodness this was re-written. I always liked the 'only turn into tigers when we gotta fight back' line.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    Britney absolutely hates "Sometimes", I don't remember where but I saw/read an interview where she said it's her least favourite single and she hates to perform it, hence why it hasn't appeared on the setlist for any of her tours since about 2001 lol.

I love 'Sometimes'. One of my favourite Britney ballads
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,998
    Forum Member
    Oh. My. ....... Thank goodness this was re-written. I always liked the 'only turn into tigers when we gotta fight back' line.

Xenomania were obviously having a very off day lol.

I know it's not the artist but Brian Higgins once said The Show was one of the worst songs they had written and it was rushed to get on the soundtrack to a film.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Xenomania were obviously having a very off day lol.

I know it's not the artist but Brian Higgins once said The Show was one of the worst songs they had written and it was rushed to get on the soundtrack to a film.

I loved The Show!! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I loved The Show!! :D

I loved all the singles lol, maybe See The Day was a bit pants but the Nadine solo version was good.
  • Options
    starsailorstarsailor Posts: 11,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rae_Amury wrote: »
    It's either because the song is overhyped so much it became their signature song, it overshadows their other stuff and they are bored of playing it live no matter how much they change the arrangement (Teen Spirit, Creep, Wonderwall), or they have grown/changed as artists and don't feel connected to some of their older stuff anymore (Like a Virgin, Oops...)

Wow, I didn't know this. I feel the same, it's one of the songs I like the most by them :(

Blur certainly dislike Country House.
  • Options
    scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Avril Lavigne is known to not be a fan of the music her label makes her release.
  • Options
    TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barbara Streisand doesn't like her 1980 Number 1, Woman In Love, and hardly ever sings it at concerts. She says she doesn't agree with the lyrics and sentiments of the song.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madonna famously hates True Blue and seemingly, would rather pretend it never existed.

She's also got no love lost for Gambler, which despite writing it herself I think she now these days says she doesn't remember the words if asked to sing it.

I like True Blue but it's by far one of her best, but Gambler is brilliant (and criminally underrated) so it's sad to hear she doesn't care for it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scratchy23 wrote: »
    Avril Lavigne is known to not be a fan of the music her label makes her release.

The songs her moronic label forced onto the Goodbye Lullaby album really ruined it. They stick out like a sore thumb and don't remotely fit in.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I love 'Sometimes'. One of my favourite Britney ballads

It's cheesy but it's not bad :p I heard it on VH1 on Wednesday morning. Very random! I was pleasantly surprised as I was in a bit of a Britney mood that day.
    mimicole wrote: »
    I didn't know that.

I saw it over on Exhale (a Britney fan forum). Someone on there mentioned it. I might see if I can find the thread. Ever been on Exhale?
    I loved all the singles lol, maybe See The Day was a bit pants but the Nadine solo version was good.

See The Day was terrible. Not one of their better efforts. Wasn't it for charity?
  • Options
    kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think that was Long Hot Summer wasn't it? It was meant to be on the Herbie soundtrack, but it was left off in the end.

Just found this quote from Brian Higgins: "chasing the soundtrack [...] disrupted us creatively. It was making us miserable. Something had to come out and that was Long Hot Summer. It was made in a panic. It was a disaster record. I can't stand it".

I have to admit, I do quite like Long Hot Summer, but they should have released Models, Wild Horses, Swinging London Town or Watch Me Go instead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kryskrys wrote: »
    I think that was Long Hot Summer wasn't it? It was meant to be on the Herbie soundtrack, but it was left off in the end.

Just found this quote from Brian Higgins: "chasing the soundtrack [...] disrupted us creatively. It was making us miserable. Something had to come out and that was Long Hot Summer. It was made in a panic. It was a disaster record. I can't stand it".

I have to admit, I do quite like Long Hot Summer, but they should have released Models, Wild Horses, Swinging London Town or Watch Me Go instead.

Oops wrong song and wrong film lol. I quite liked it but I prefer Models.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    See The Day was terrible. Not one of their better efforts. Wasn't it for charity?

I like it live. The single version is terrible but like I say, I like the Nadine demo. I don't think it was released for charity, it was released in the Christmas #1 week which surprised me even more that it hit the top ten.
  • Options
    Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like it live. The single version is terrible but like I say, I like the Nadine demo. I don't think it was released for charity, it was released in the Christmas #1 week which surprised me even more that it hit the top ten.

I know im in the SEVERE minority here but See The Day is one of my fave Girls Aloud tracks and the video always reminds of Christmas. I think its much better than Whole Lotta History
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kryskrys wrote: »
    I think that was Long Hot Summer wasn't it?

Now that would make more sense, couldn't believe they released that. Wasn't even fit to be a GA album track!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know im in the SEVERE minority here but See The Day is one of my fave Girls Aloud tracks and the video always reminds of Christmas. I think its much better than Whole Lotta History

I'm not a fan of the Whole Lotta History single mix but I love the acoustic edit. Basing it on the single mixes WLH just tops it. I don't like Kim on either track though
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madonna famously hates True Blue and seemingly, would rather pretend it never existed.

She's also got no love lost for Gambler, which despite writing it herself I think she now these days says she doesn't remember the words if asked to sing it.

I don't think she hates it, it's just painful for her to perform because it's about Sean Penn, whose marriage to him still remains something she has never openly spoke about.
  • Options
    MrfentyMrfenty Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Beyonce hates Crazy In Love now (maybe not hate since she wrote the song but it think she has grown tired of it) as on the most recent leg of her tour she performs one verse and not even a full chorus,which I really don't understand as I play it all the time and still love it, nearly 11 years on and its still by far her best song. It's quite sad if you look at the amazing Crazy in Love performance on the IASF tour and then compare to to the current version. I;d be gutted if I went to a Beyonce gig and only got 60 seconds of Crazy in Love.

Anyway rant over, I think she's also bored of Single Ladies but I can see why as after a while the novelty of that song wore off, and doesn't come close to any of her recent material. Also its reported she hates Deja Vu as she hasn't performed it in years even though it was a no. 1 single even though she still plays minor hits like Naughty Girl and Why Don't You Love Me.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starsailor wrote: »
    Blur certainly dislike Country House.

To be fair, it is completely shite
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read somewhere that Quincy Jones who produced Thriller did not want Michael Jackson to include 'Billie Jean' on the album. It was Jackson's insistence, however, that got the song on the album and subsequently released as a single. (The biggest selling single on the album.)