Options

That sinking feeling when you thought you scratched your phone!?

Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,357
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm using a Griffin Reveal case on my iphone 5(brilliant if you like slim cases), now the back is clear showing the back of the iphone, I was just looking at the back and I saw a dark grey spot(white iphone) on the silver bit, I thought it somehow got scratched, so I took the cover off and rubbed with my nail, not coming off!?? Noooo way I thought, then I licked my finger and rubbed it and whatever it was came straight off, pheww! That was a close call.

Anyone else ever panicked for a second thinking they've damaged/scratched their phone ?

Comments

• Options
    ThreeThree Posts: 1,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few weeks after purchasing my iPhone 4s I found what appeared to be a few gashes taken out of the screen. I tried scratching if off with my nail, rubbing it and all sorts. It was there for weeks. A few weeks later after I got out of the shower and the phone had become slightly wet from consolidation and it just rubbed off.

Also have the smallest pin prick of a scratch on the back of my 5s. It looked like the outer finish of the metal work has been taken off. I noticed it the day after I purchased it, pretty much been in a case ever since I purchased it. Not sure how it got there and you have to really look for it to notice it. Doesn't fuss me though, I forget about it most of the time.

There was a time when I would really worry about scratches and cracks though and would check my phone regularly. Now even with new devices I don't worry much, I won't check them regularly and if it gets a scratch then oh well, nothing I can do about that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Three wrote: »
    There was a time when I would really worry about scratches and cracks though and would check my phone regularly. Now even with new devices I don't worry much, I won't check them regularly and if it gets a scratch then oh well, nothing I can do about that.

That's how iam really, I put a case on and don't normally check, I just take it out every now and again to clean out any dust that's got between the phone and case. Just that when you see something that wasn't there before it makes you look at it/try to remove it.
  • Options
    SoundboxSoundbox Posts: 6,247
    Forum Member
    Looking at the phones for sale in the Cash Converters the body and screen are usually absolutely scored and scraped to blazes. Just buy a case at the same time as the phone and it's job done AND your phone will be worth more when you sell it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's partly why I take such good care of my phones