Options

Hollyoaks-FFS Get Rid of The O'Connors!

dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,077
Forum Member
Is Anyone else Really Sick of them at the moment we Had Finn The Phycopath Rapist Sinead the Loudmouth Prositute And Dianne The Worst Worst Mum And Fiance

Tony Deserves alot better then the lot of them and i hope he kicks them all out and wises up

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Owen19Owen19 Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In my opinion the O'Connors are one of the best families, because even though Sinead and Finn are very unlikeable and so is Diane at times, they all have a lot of depth to them and are fantastic actors. I don't want them to leave, especially as their the only characters surviving from 2010, id like Sinead and Diane to stay on for as long as possible, can see Finn leaving or going on a break though, he needs his comeuppance.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ownnnn wrote: »
    In my opinion the O'Connors are one of the best families, because even though Sinead and Finn are very unlikeable and so is Diane at times, they all have a lot of depth to them and are fantastic actors. I don't want them to leave, especially as their the only characters surviving from 2010, id like Sinead and Diane to stay on for as long as possible, can see Finn leaving or going on a break though, he needs his comeuppance.
    This, even though all of them are unlikeable atm, all three are great actors so I can put up with them. I like Diane, though recently all I want to do is slap her, I'm so glad she's finally on our screens before she appeared once or twice. I am fed up of the Sinead overload but Stephanie is a great actress so I can put up with it and her upcoming sl sounds heartbreaking. Keith (Finn) is a brilliant actor, so again I don't have a problem with him being on my screen I just want him to get punished.
  • Options
    Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    priscilla wrote: »
    This, even though all of them are unlikeable atm, all three are great actors so I can put up with them. I like Diane, though recently all I want to do is slap her, I'm so glad she's finally on our screens before she appeared once or twice. I am fed up of the Sinead overload but Stephanie is a great actress so I can put up with it and her upcoming sl sounds heartbreaking. Keith (Finn) is a brilliant actor, so again I don't have a problem with him being on my screen I just want him to get punished.

This. It's great to see Diane on a regular basis, even if she is annoying. I stopped watching Hollyoaks in 2011, and then started watching again in July 2013. I was really confused for a few months as I could remember Diane from when I watched before and could see her in the opening titles but she didn't appear until October when she had the twins!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    even though Finn(since his personality change for this storyline) and Sinead are unlikeable and Diane can be too, I do like them as a family unit and they are all great actors and interesting characters.
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    While they are making a lot of mistakes right now as people, I do find the characters themselves interesting. They right now are not the best lot of people in the world, but I find their bad choices interesting, especially Diane and Sinead who to me come across as real people who have made a lot of bad choices in their lives. Finn is too cartoonish to me as of late however. In the episode where JP went to jail, I thought his threatening of JP was a bit funny, especially his "It's not about you" and the face he made when he said it. Sutton did a nice job of looking afraid of him, but Finn's performance kind of goes up and down for me.

However, Diane and Sinead are really keeping me interested and I think the pair of them are really bringing it with strong performances.
  • Options
    sarahcadhillsarahcadhill Posts: 2,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the O'Connors especially Diane and Sinead!!
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,923
    Forum Member
    The only one out of the family I like is Diane.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the O'Connors when they're actually being nice to one another and are happy!

I can't stand them at the moment though.
    I hate the way Diane is treating Sinead. She's meant to be her mother, yet she puts everyone else before Sinead and hardly ever seems to support her.
    It's going to be awful when
    Katy dies
    and Diane will, no doubt, believe that Sinead is to blame.

Sinead doesn't always help herself, and some of the things she does to Diane are equally as bad, if not worse.
    I just blame the writing at the moment. I wish they'd give Sinead a break - I don't particularly like her character, I'm just sick of seeing her constantly miserable on-screen.
  • Options
    MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    Finn and Sinead will be gone this year I reckon with both their storylines at the moment. I can see Dianne eventually marrying Tony making her a Hutchinson and a possible return for Harry and Victoria on the cards to make the Hutchinson's a decent sized family ready for the 20th.
  • Options
    LeonalewisJfanLeonalewisJfan Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The three O'Connor's are probably three of the best actors on hollyoaks & are great characters. Same with the Blake's, great 'villan' families
  • Options
    ameredithameredith Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The three O'Connor's are probably three of the best actors on hollyoaks & are great characters. Same with the Blake's, great 'villan' families

This and they have made Hollyoaks a family show not just the teens and I like the O'Connors and Blake families
  • Options
    grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Diane is written well she can be quite good and all together they can be quite good. As for Tony he is more annoying than any othe O Connors he's so boring and has no real personality and he is spineless character this has been the case for the past few years.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finn has to leave surely? I can't see how he could possibly be redeemed especially as he's shown not an ounce of remorse
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Finn has to leave surely? I can't see how he could possibly be redeemed especially as he's shown not an ounce of remorse

the only way I can see Finn getting redeemed is him paying for his crime and getting psychiatric treatment, I can't see the writers letting him get away with rape. but most likely Finn will be gone after this storyline.
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    In the same way that all of the Savage/Blakes are crazy, all of the O'Connors are horrible, immoral people.
  • Options
    MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    MrJames wrote: »
    In the same way that all of the Savage/Blakes are crazy, all of the O'Connors are horrible, immoral people.

Dirk isn't. In fact him and Dennis are the nicest characters the show has ever had.
  • Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ownnnn wrote: »

I agree with this.
  • Options
    bumpandgrindbumpandgrind Posts: 12,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't help but like Sinead mainly because I love Stephanie as an actress. She's one talented young lady.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    I can't help but like Sinead mainly because I love Stephanie as an actress. She's one talented young lady.

Totally agree.
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    This, even though all of them are unlikeable atm, all three are great actors so I can put up with them.

I agree Priscilla, The O'Connors are great, glad Diane is getting more screen time,
    She is good and was terribly underused by the previous EP's, I remember us forum members discussing this on here in the past, Wish I watched Brookside back then,
    (Finn) is a good actor too.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member

Yeah. he'll be gone. He's not a McQueen so he can't get away with something illegal ;-)
    that said though how long has Ste been dealing drugs in one form or another? years and years it seems like.
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    MrWoodySir wrote: »
    Dirk isn't. In fact him and Dennis are the nicest characters the show has ever had.

Yeah, Dirk and Dennis are probably the most upstanding people in the village.

Perhaps they can keep Finn if they got him psychiatric treatment and really explored what was going on in his head. However, I think that would be difficult. Right now, Finn reminds me of Patrick. Pretty much an over-the-top villain without any humanity. I do remember back (I think last summer) where Finn showed some kindness to Tony during his cancer, but the writers have decided to turn Finn into a soulless rapist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    trevon1 wrote: »
    Yeah, Dirk and Dennis are probably the most upstanding people in the village.

Perhaps they can keep Finn if they got him psychiatric treatment and really explored what was going on in his head. However, I think that would be difficult. Right now, Finn reminds me of Patrick. Pretty much an over-the-top villain without any humanity. I do remember back (I think last summer) where Finn showed some kindness to Tony during his cancer, but the writers have decided to turn Finn into a soulless rapist.

I agree
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finn can go, I don't get the hold he has over anyone, he's a little leech.

But Jacqui Dixon (Diane) has finally become Diane for me and is a brilliant actress and I no longer detest every breathe Sinead takes because I think Steph davis is actually a good actress, they should both be kept for as long as possible imo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will be glad when Finn has gone. He is a joke. I don't find him convincing at all.

Sinead has been very unlikeable over the last few years but right now, I am on her side and Stephanie is a very good actress. Diane can be infuriating to watch but she is a strong character and the actress is great.