Options

Confirmed: Kylie Minogue quits The Voice UK

Comments

• Options
    Dub2Dub2 Posts: 2,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a waste of space she was. It`s almost like she was never there at all.
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dub2 wrote: »
    What a waste of space she was. It`s almost like she was never there at all.

The whole show is a waste of space and a chronic waste of the licence fee payers cash. This must be one of the most expensive shows the BBC have had the nerve to insult us with.
    They should be sued!!>:(
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not surprised. It'd be tough on her to do this as well as touring.
  • Options
    SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    I thought she brought warmth and energy to the panel. They need to find a good female replacement. Actually, I'd have two women and two men to balance it out, and I'd get rid of Will.
  • Options
    rwouldrwould Posts: 5,260
    Forum Member
    I have enjoyed the voice and thought Kylie was pretty good on it. Shame to see her go.
  • Options
    SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole show is a waste of space and a chronic waste of the licence fee payers cash. This must be one of the most expensive shows the BBC have had the nerve to insult us with.
    They should be sued!!>:(

Well 7m+ people like to watch it and if my maths are right their licence fees come to about £995m and that's more than enough to cover it. So you can keep your bit and spend it on programs you like and just don't bother to watch The Voice :)
  • Options
    Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    I did not like her to begin with, but she did grow on me through the shows. She is a decent judge. Her effort as a mentor is not terrible either. I think this is a big blow to The Voice to be honest and can see ratings go down for next series.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she brought warmth and energy to the panel. They need to find a good female replacement. Actually, I'd have two women and two men to balance it out, and I'd get rid of Will.

Didn't he state that if Kylie went, then so would he?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/sir-tom-jones-keep-kylie-3273407
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Didn't he state that if Kylie went, then so would he?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/sir-tom-jones-keep-kylie-3273407

He says that now, but money talks!
  • Options
    Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad to see Kylie go really enjoyed her on the show. Still question is now who can replace her?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Whoever they get in, I hope it's not Jessie J!
  • Options
    soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad to see her go. Just got this nagging feeling the BBC will go for someone like RIta Ora to fill the chair
  • Options
    Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    I did think Kylie would mentor a winning contestant this year, but 4th place for her first time to mentor, is actually not bad. I think she will be a huge success on The Voice Aus as a mentor and judge.
  • Options
    BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They'd aswell replace them all if that's the case with:
    Ryan Tedder (from OneRepublic) (producing side)
    Adele (Big nae & press tool)
    Jason Derulo (younger artist & knows the industry well)
    Enrique Iglesias (Ladies fav)

more modern coaches with would appeal to a broader audience
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I did think Kylie would mentor a winning contestant this year, but 4th place for her first time to mentor, is actually not bad. I think she will be a huge success on The Voice Aus as a mentor and judge.

She came last. Every Coach has an artist in the final by default.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I think Will and Ricky are staying- Will, because he's so invested in Leah and has become a face of the BBC now, and Ricky, because he seemed to really enjoy it.

Tom has a new album soon, doesn't he? So I imagine he might want to take time out to promote/ tour that.

As for who should replace Kylie? I'm thinking it could be Paloma Faith, Joss Stone or Mary J Blige, who were all approached for the first series.
  • Options
    fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    All of the current judges have said that if she quit then so would they. Won't bother Will.i.am as he will be with her on the Australian version. His schedulers will be partying.
  • Options
    fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    I think Will and Ricky are staying- Will, because he's so invested in Leah and has become a face of the BBC now, and Ricky, because he seemed to really enjoy it.

Tom has a new album soon, doesn't he? So I imagine he might want to take time out to promote/ tour that.

As for who should replace Kylie? I'm thinking it could be Paloma Faith, Joss Stone or Mary J Blige, who were all approached for the first series.

Any of those three would be a huge turn off for me, Paloma Faith has a horrible personality and I would not imagine people would like to work with her.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    fhs man 2 wrote: »
    Any of those three would be a huge turn off for me, Paloma Faith has a horrible personality and I would not imagine people would like to work with her.

Agreed Mary j blige is not a big name in the uk either
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    They'd aswell replace them all if that's the case with:
    Ryan Tedder (from OneRepublic) (producing side)
    Adele (Big nae & press tool)
    Jason Derulo (younger artist & knows the industry well)
    Enrique Iglesias (Ladies fav)

more modern coaches with would appeal to a broader audience

Not if it meant her "cousin" would apply again
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There aren't too many British female artists that I can think of that I'd enjoy seeing. Adele and possibly Ellie Goulding are really the only 2. And also Pixie Lott, but that has nothing to do with music, I just fancy her.

A lot of female talent abroad though. Kelly Clarkson, Hayley Williams, Alicia Keys or Delta Goodrem would be my choices (I really like Delta on the Australian version).
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    such a shame .... Kylie brought a BBC entertainment warmth, humour and sexuality to the panel. IMO - she gave encouragement rather than self opinionated self focussed critique. She remained supportive of all her acts without overshadowing her acts. Although, editing was sometimes focused on her - but that was not her fault. She also seemed pivotal in adding cohesion to the panel. In comparison to her predecessor this was the light, breezy entertainment needed when the previous incarnation of the show became an irritable Jessie J focus - 'all eyes on me and what I say as the best vocal coach ever with the most vocal constructive critique that is more important than my fellow coaches'. I actually really like Jessie J - but the show really portrayed her in a role that did her no favours so early on in her career and I am sure will do more harm than good.
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He says that now, but money talks!

I thought that was Ricky.

Tom said it about Jessie, mind ;)
  • Options
    FinalAnswer?FinalAnswer? Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would love to see Annie Lennox take her place. Maybe get someone like Paloma to replace Will.I.Am too
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's OK. I can take her or leave her. She did well on the voice and should have stuck it out for another year to get her foot in singing reality shows. Can see her lasting as long as Madonna, unless she keeps on re-inventing herself.