so how many eggs did your child get?

juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
Forum Member
Hi
I was just wondering how many eggs did other peoples kids get?
We always try not to allow the egg thing to go too far after the disgrace that was 2010. :o
The totatl that year was twelve each plus mini eggs etc. (Aunties and uncles to blame.)
Today we have five each for them . Just been out to hide them around the garden for the egg hunt when the lazy little bleeders get up.
So, how many did yours get and what would you say is excessive?

Comments

• RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,071
    Forum Member
    My daughter got 5. 1 large and 4 creme egg size plus some mateaster bunnies.
    My son has 28. All creme egg size, plus a chocolate orange.
    I spent the same amount on both of them. A tenner on each.
    Any more than that I'd think ott tbh.
    I don't hide them. My daughter is 20 and son 19...
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My grand niece got 4 big ones but they will last her a good while. My niece got 3 big ones and my nephews (all grown up) just one each.
  • izanamiizanami Posts: 2,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My kids got 3 each (big ones) and a video game each
  • Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only got my daughter one small egg and a few easter sweets as last year she got far too many and I had to throw them out. Turns out a few family members had the same idea and have bought her small presents instead. Although I did get her a cozy coupe car so she's far more impressed by that. I'm just glad she's too young to know as don't want her growing up thinking Easter is all about getting presents. Back to chocolate eggs next year.
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little one has 1 (from my brother) and I think there is another at Granny's for him (from a family friend)

He is only 17 months and I don't give him much chocolate so he wont be eating his eggs.. I don't want him bouncing off the walls.

I have 3 nieces and 6 nephews [all barring one of them are aged 5 or under] and I don't give them eggs... As they are all quite young I am not going to give them massive amounts of choccie.

I have no issue with chocolate in general but I don't see the need to give kids massive amounts of the stuff... I did intend to buy everyone a little Lindt bunny but they had completely sold out of them :o (plus they are quite expensive!)
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Only 3 so far. I've logged onto facebook this morning and it's already turned into a competition with some people. The leader so far has 15. "My child has 15 easter eggs, therefore my child is more loved than yours":D
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    None, zero, nada, nothing :)

they had pressies instead, its 'Eastmas' apparently,lol
  • DaisyBillDaisyBill Posts: 4,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One each. They are older now (17 and 14) and there is no need for relatives to buy them eggs or presents . They just had one each last year as well, and it was a relief not to have loads of easter eggs taking up space in the fridge. They have had a lot in the past, and TBH I found them rather annoying.
    I've cut back on sweets and treats at christmas as well. No need to have all those selection boxes, just a few extra sweet things are nice though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    None. I now have eight though.
  • albertdalbertd Posts: 14,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    None. Mind you, my youngest is aged 44. :)
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My two kids are aged three and 18 months. They've been given bloody loads of chocolate by family and friends. Fortunately they're too young to realise exactly how many they've got, so the vast majority of their eggs will be consumed by me and the wife. :D

We've never given them a lot of chocolate and sweet things so neither of them are massively into chocolate anyway!
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got them one each, they're 12 and 18 so I tell relatives not to buy them as they're too old to get dozens of eggs.
  • StrmChaserSteveStrmChaserSteve Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you talking five full sized chocolate eggs?

Jesus, no wonder this country faces obesity problems

I used to get, One Egg, when i was a kid
  • Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought the kids some Lindt chocolate bunnies, but I've just discovered that my husband ate two of them, which has really messed up this morning, as I can't give the remaining one to any of my children without major fallout. Sulking.
  • Jen-BJen-B Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you talking five full sized chocolate eggs?

Jesus, no wonder this country faces obesity problems

I used to get, One Egg, when i was a kid

Same! The most I ever got in one Easter in my entire childhood was 3. Usually it was 1.

5??
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    Mine are into collecting the tat in kinder eggs, so they each got a basket of kinder eggs each instead of the large eggs.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Matthew Wright was right, we are inducing T2 diabetes by overfeeding our children sugary rubbish ;)
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    I got a bunny and 3 eggs.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My daughter has 3 - a One Direction one from her school bus driver and the carer on the bus, an Oreo one from her Gateway club and a regular one from her carer. I haven't bought her one as I think 3 loads of chocolate is more than enough and she will get something from my Mum when we visit later.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    None, hes 4 months old. He did get a flannel shaped as a bear and some baby bath fizzers from my sister in law. Easter seems to have suddenly got big! I got a couple of eggs from family as a kid, nothing from my parents, my partner had the same as a kid too so we didn't realise it's now almost like another Christmas to the non religious. I didn't get anything for any of my nieces or nephews :s
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    None. The local supermarket seemed to have sold out before Saturday and was doing it's best to hide any evidence that it was Easter at all (except a notice about being closed today). Besides, I don't have any children and my nieces all seem to be on diets (faintest idea why, none of them are fat), and the eggs would have been for me anyway.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    None. The local supermarket seemed to have sold out before Saturday and was doing it's best to hide any evidence that it was Easter at all (except a notice about being closed today). Besides, I don't have any children and my nieces all seem to be on diets (faintest idea why, none of them are fat), and the eggs would have been for me anyway.
    ... because they are on diets :D;)
  • PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My kids got 5 each...

1 big one each from my dad, 1 big one each from my mum & step-dad. 1 big one each from my granny & grandad, 1 smaller one each their godmother and 1 big one each from me.

I wasn't planning to get them one as I knew that they would get them from grandparents and great-grandparents... However when I was in M&S yesterday their Easter penguin which shares my son's name was half-price so I couldn't resist getting it for him, and I couldn't buy for him but not my daughter so she got one too.

Luckily neither of them really like chocolate and they're only interested in using the boxes for doing art... So I'm doing my bit and eating the chocolate for them :p
  • incy wincyincy wincy Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine didn't get an egg from me, they got a gift bag with a mixture of chocolate bits in. It came to roughly £5 each, so not too excessive. They said that the eggs are a bit rubbish, so they got the monetary equivalent in other chocolate goodies. Aside from that, I think they'll get 3 eggs, from grandparents and aunties. So the equivalent of 4 eggs each. I think that's enough for them, and they'll make them last a couple of weeks.

A woman I work with told me a couple of years ago that she doesn't give eggs any more, but her kids get presents. That year, they got an iPod, plus a new outfit each. I said i thought that it was excessive, but she said 'well kids think Easter is like a mini-Christmas now, it's just what they expect, so what can you do?' Well, personally, I bring my children up not to expect anything, and if they said they expected that, they would be swiftly corrected.
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    muggins14 wrote: »
    ... because they are on diets :D;)

It's just females being females. I'm sure that by lunch they'll be going all passive aggressive on me for not buying them any eggs, even though they said they didn't want any. That's usually when I bugger off home and leave them to it. That's the benefit of being an uncle and not a father :D.