Another Muslim attack

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slippery slope fallacy.

In your opinion? And perhaps some others on here? I'm fine with that. The idea that my morals only come from my religion is wrong. I know it. I feel it. I've shown it. The end.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back to the story for a sec and the police officer who was attacked seems to be in good spirits tonight :) He tweeted the following:

"Borrowing' the team account to say a big 'Thank You' to all for your tweets of support. It means a lot to know the community has our backs.

I also want to thank @OFFICIALWMAS for sorting me out at the scene. The gents in the mosque for risking their safety to help me #oneteam

I'm currently recovering from my surgery but hope to be back on my feet ASAP. Thanks again to everyone that helped put me back together x "
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    magratx wrote: »
    Now that is very odd because the oil used in Thai cooking is traditionally made from rendered down pork fat.

If that's the case then I was unaware of it. If a menu has a separate vegetarian section I would have presumed it was made using only vegetarian ingredients. If the case is that it was made from pork, then clearly I'll stop having Thai, or have to ask about the ingredients before sitting down in a Thai restaurant in future.

Thanks for letting me know, I was unaware of this, and will look into it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    Back to the story for a sec and the police officer who was attacked seems to be in good spirits tonight :) He tweeted the following:

"Borrowing' the team account to say a big 'Thank You' to all for your tweets of support. It means a lot to know the community has our backs.

I also want to thank @OFFICIALWMAS for sorting me out at the scene. The gents in the mosque for risking their safety to help me #oneteam

I'm currently recovering from my surgery but hope to be back on my feet ASAP. Thanks again to everyone that helped put me back together x "

Great news! Wasn't sure how bad his injuries were but glad to hear he's on the mend.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2+2=5 wrote: »
    Great news! Wasn't sure how bad his injuries were but glad to hear he's on the mend.

The injured worshippers are recovering well too.

A big relief as there could easily have been fatalities.

Apparently, a surgeon was a part of the mosque congregation and he administered first aid to the injured inside.
  • Options
    skipjack79skipjack79 Posts: 3,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's a natural psychological phenomenon that people play dumb. It's a form of psychological defence mechanism in order to not learn new things which disrupt learned behaviours and ideas, a way to continue to have a distorted view of reality

That's all very true, which reminds me of a quote, "If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people". Very relevant in these troubled times I feel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skipjack79 wrote: »
    That's all very true, which reminds me of a quote, "If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people". Very relevant in these troubled times I feel.

I think it's wrong to look at religious people in the way that you appear to. That is what's worrying about these times.
  • Options
    dellydelly Posts: 10,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skipjack79 wrote: »
    I think it's wrong to look at religious people in the way that you appear to. That is what's worrying about these times.
    The text: “Rational arguments don’t usually work on religious people. Otherwise there would be no religious people.”
    - Gregory House, M.D. Season 4 Episode 2 The Right Stuff

Well, if this is the 'quote' then it comes from a pill popping fictional doctor:D
  • Options
    Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,834
    Forum Member
    delly wrote: »

Well, if this is the 'quote' then it comes from a pill popping fictional doctor:D

Actually it was written by Doris Egan. Fictional characters don't have ideas.:p :D
  • Options
    Saskia44Saskia44 Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it didn't.

A real live actual person did it. Of their own volition. We can't be sure how much their beliefs had a part to play but it clearly wasn't the "religion" that did it. Unless you're saying the religion (a theocratic concept) suddenly turned into flesh and committed the crime? Now that really does sound zany.

Funny how many people use the 'religion of peace' phrase as you have done. When I say funny, I mean the opposite, of course.

A person influenced by Islamic doctrine. Such doctrine has no place in the modern world.
  • Options
    Saskia44Saskia44 Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what are your thoughts on a poster comparing Islam to Nazism? Should Muslims just bow down and aquiesce like cowards to such a view because it must be true?

Islam's attitude towards and treatment of Jews, women, non-believers and the different sects within its own ranks really does not seem that far removed from nazism to me.
  • Options
    thomas painthomas pain Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saskia44 wrote: »
    Islam's attitude towards and treatment of Jews

as if you care about jews.
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    your arguments do not make sense. is it any wonder why most people do not understand you ?

What has lead you to make that statement? I find simmon's posts intelligent, insightful, and extremely easy to understand. Perhaps it's you that has the problem?