Options

Nigella...

Comments

• Options
    CreamPuffCreamPuff Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    for those who have been sending nasty replies to my previous post I'm glad I don't know you in real life. For years I was trapped in what seemed like an impossible situation, in a relationship that was sending me to a nervous breakdown and no way out. I had no money, our children were too young to go to school and to top it off we were living abroad and I couldn't speak the language. I was utterly alone and too ashamed to tell even my closest friend back home what my life was really like. I prayed everyday for a way out, i just needed money so i could get on a plane with the kids and make sure we had our own place and that I could support them myself. I am a big fan of Nigella and want her to be happy, it pains me to see anyone so unhappy, whoever they may be.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,007
    Forum Member
    Flanno wrote: »
    I find it strange that the photographer who took these 'infamous' photos of Charles & Nigella's public argument and the other diners who witnessed the alleged altercation - not one of them called the police in to deal with the suitation which they found themselves in. These people should have been ashamed of themselves especially the photographer who realised that he/she was in for profit by selling the photos to the highest media bidder. :mad:

Secondly, a friend of mine told me that when she first saw the photos online, she felt prurient & intrusive as it was like stepping involuntarily into their private domain & witnessing some unpleasant argument between the couple. I understood this as I had the same feeling too. I'm sure anyone who saw the photos must have felt the same as well.

There has been a suggestion it may not have been by chance the photographer was there that day.
  • Options
    Baz OBaz O Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nigella saw the pictures and got a reality check. I wish her all the best and I hope she finds a man just like her husband who died ... he was a lovely man imo.
  • Options
    lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    There has been a suggestion it may not have been by chance the photographer was there that day.

Can you elaborate on this i4u? They have been photographed there many times as they are regular diners...

Are you referring to the actual incident or the follow-up pictures of them trying to be 'normal' before the story broke..?
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »

It could mean that they hang out at the restaurant a lot. It's frequented by famous people a lot, I believe.
  • Options
    AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there has also been a suggestion that they had arguments and such like there before possibly getting worse and someone tipped off the press to get something done?
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you take this as it stands, it really does look like it's all over, so good for her if it is. Hopefully the press will back off and let them sort it out in private now.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/4985703/nigella-lawson-moves-out-of-charles-saatchi-house.html
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you take this as it stands, it really does look like it's all over, so good for her if it is. Hopefully the press will back off and let them sort it out in private now.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/4985703/nigella-lawson-moves-out-of-charles-saatchi-house.html

Hopefully the domestic violence police on here will now stop criticising Nigella and blaming her for staying when she's got shedloads of money blah blah blah:rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Options
    jannajanna Posts: 7,323
    Forum Member
    Hopefully the domestic violence police on here will now stop criticising Nigella and blaming her for staying when she's got shedloads of money blah blah blah:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    THIS ^^^.........with bells on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    janna wrote: »
    THIS ^^^.........with bells on.

In big, 10ft high flashing letters as well ..
  • Options
    GrizzyDeeGrizzyDee Posts: 1,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'd disagree. I would hope those idiots could be educated into understanding why she might stay (or might have stayed) despite her millions, instead of them simply being satisfied that she has acted accrding to their narrowminded beliefs.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GrizzyDee wrote: »
    I'd disagree. I would hope those idiots could be educated into understanding why she might stay (or might have stayed) despite her millions, instead of them simply being satisfied that she has acted accrding to their narrowminded beliefs.

Well, yes.

Let's hope that they can see that whatever her decision, it is for her, and her alone that she needs to act.
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    The latest news from the Mail on Sunday is that Charles Saatchi is divorcing Nigella because she hasn't been responding to his texts, etc. Under the circumstances, I can't say that I blame her!

The full story should appear here in due course: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html
  • Options
    SupercellSupercell Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Yes - I just saw the BBC do the front page review with this divorce story on the front page of the Mail. A Saatchi exclusive interview....one of the comments he made was that she didn't help defend the charges against him....as TelevisionUser above - can't say I blame her!!
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    The latest news from the Mail on Sunday is that Charles Saatchi is divorcing Nigella because she hasn't been responding to his texts, etc. Under the circumstances, I can't say that I blame her!

The full story should appear here in due course: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html
    Saatchi seems a nasty piece of work.

Making it sound like he is the one doing the regrettable action of bringing the marriage to an end. When we all know too well that he did this to himself.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a pre-emptive move to try to minimise the cost to himself.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    HE'S divorcing HER???

Good grief. This man has no shame.
  • Options
    kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A snippet of Charles Saatchi's statement on divorcing Nigella:
    ‘I am sorry to announce that Nigella Lawson and I are getting divorced. I feel that I have clearly been a disappointment to Nigella during the last year or so, and I am disappointed that she was advised to make no public comment to explain that I abhor violence of any kind against women, and have never abused her physically in any way.

Lifted from Dan Wootton's Twitter

Ah I see it's all up on the Mail now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »

Indeed. The whole article reads like a puff piece for Saatchi that was written by Saatchi.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »

Indeed. Whatever the case, she's certainly better off away from the arrogant pig
  • Options
    loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hasn't exactly done himself any favours has he? It appears he's informed the press about his intentions before Nigella - very classy.
  • Options
    BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Yay!! No problem picking sides now publicly.

Go Nigella Go!!!
  • Options
    BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    As for scraatchi, probably bought advertising space in DM
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    Oh, Charles, you poor love, we were so wrong about you. How could an expert at the gentle art of persuasion have been so misunderstood?
This discussion has been closed.