What has Natalie's "journey" been so far?

Comments

• peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    Agreed, although she has bored me from the beginning, I also think Artem looks bored stiff, going through the motions!! When they get their great marks and she puts on the faux grateful/surprised look its embarrassing!! I just discard her from the show, she dosent excist, I air-brush her from my Strictly reality!!

Kinda sad I think, considering that this IS a dance show, and their performances are often so beautiful, but hey, we all watch for different reasons I suppose.

I disagree strongly with your view that Artem looks bored, and is "going through the motions", on the contrary I think he looks like he's in his element, and having as good a time as he ever has on this show ( well almost ;)) and why shouldn't he? He finally has someone who can do justice to his wonderful choreography? So why on earth would he be bored with that?
  • Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strange she seems to be managing fine!!

Managing seems to be a good word for her, no doubt along with Artem's careful choreography.....just think how good she could be without her back issues.;)
  • summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    peach45 wrote: »
    Kinda sad I think, considering that this IS a dance show, and their performances are often so beautiful, but hey, we all watch for different reasons I suppose.

I disagree strongly with your view that Artem looks bored, and is "going through the motions", on the contrary I think he looks like he's in his element, and having as good a time as he ever has on this show ( well almost ;)) and why shouldn't he? He finally has someone who can do justice to his wonderful choreography? So why on earth would he be bored with that?

Again, he looks bored to me, I always enjoy watching Artem, he is an amazing choreographer, just unfortunate FOR ME that he was partnered with FOR ME a "ringer"!!
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,175
    Forum Member

Exactly, at least some of us can recognise and appreciate a great team when we see them. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Again, he looks bored to me, I always enjoy watching Artem, he is an amazing choreographer, just unfortunate FOR ME that he was partnered with FOR ME a "ringer"!!

Did you not enjoy Kara, she was a ringer too;)and did you airbrush her from your SCD as well.If you always enjoy watching Artem why not just enjoy the fact that he has a partner who can do him justice.Its unlikely that Nat can win as come the final there will be an anyone but vote against her....sad as that is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh I agree with you, I have never seen Artem so relaxed and happy.He has a good working relationship with Natalie and despite people saying otherwise I think it shows up well in their VT's and their dancing.:)
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,175
    Forum Member
    Pices-55 wrote: »
    Did you not enjoy Kara, she was a ringer too;)and did you airbrush her from your SCD as well.If you always enjoy watching Artem why not just enjoy the fact that he has a partner who can do him justice.Its unlikely that Nat can win as come the final there will be an anyone but vote against her....sad as that is.

All the more reason that us Natalie fans vote for her every week, even when she is top of the leader board. I still believe that she will lift that Glitter Ball. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All the more reason that us Natalie fans vote for her every week, even when she is top of the leader board. I still believe that she will lift that Glitter Ball. :)

I shall be voting for Natalie , but really as long as she is there at the end I will be happy. It just does not really matter to me who wins, I think she will have achieved as much as she can if she lasts until the final.:)
  • KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, although she has bored me from the beginning, I also think Artem looks bored stiff, going through the motions!! When they get their great marks and she puts on the faux grateful/surprised look its embarrassing!! I just discard her from the show, she dosent excist, I air-brush her from my Strictly reality!!

I find myself doing similarly, Summertime. I have "invested" in one person, sometimes don't mind (I don't put it more strongly than that) a couple of others, but Natalie doesn't enter into things at all. As Pet Monkey said: "She's just there." She can't really fail to reach the final and so the contest is between all the other contestants.
  • PosyPosy Posts: 1,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always feel they struggle to get anything really interesting for their VTs
  • PoenaPoena Posts: 551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Posy wrote: »

I think that's the elephant in the room effect.

I don't want to hear that Natalie 'can't remember the steps' or gets really dizzy after too many twirly whirly bits.

I'd be MUCH more interested to hear - from Artem - just how good he thinks Natalie really is, what she genuinely struggles with, what comes easily to her. I'd love Natalie to tell us what actually happened to her back, how it affects her, how it might be affecting to what extent she's able to execute what Artem cooks up for her - and so on and so on.

We all know Natalie's on a different dancing planet to the rest of the celebs, and we know why - training and sheer talent. I reckon maybe a more honest approach might endear her at least a little to some of the naysayers.

I'm not blaming Natalie for the 'dishonesty' by the way - and that's maybe too strong a word but you know what I mean. She came clean before the show started.

Meanwhile, the elephant remains.......
  • ServalanServalan Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Posy wrote: »

And interesting that there was no mention whatsoever of her winning the Soap Bitch of the Year award the week of the Inside Soap Awards.

Do the producers think the SCD audience can't differentiate between fact and fiction? Or are they just taking no chances because they are desperate for her to win?

I have to add that all the pre-dance VTs are appallingly shallow. The forced 'comedy' is painful to watch and no effort is made to enlighten the audience about who the celebs are. MAJOR rethink required.
  • Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pices-55 wrote: »
    Oh I agree with you, I have never seen Artem so relaxed and happy.He has a good working relationship with Natalie and despite people saying otherwise I think it shows up well in their VT's and their dancing.:)

He's even learned to duck when her elbows are flying. :D

Love Natalie and love their partnership although I do yearn for terminator Artem sometimes. But he'll be back soon enough when he gets a lazy moo of a celeb. ;)
  • SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poena wrote: »
    I think that's the elephant in the room effect.

I don't want to hear that Natalie 'can't remember the steps' or gets really dizzy after too many twirly whirly bits.

I'd be MUCH more interested to hear - from Artem - just how good he thinks Natalie really is, what she genuinely struggles with, what comes easily to her. I'd love Natalie to tell us what actually happened to her back, how it affects her, how it might be affecting to what extent she's able to execute what Artem cooks up for her - and so on and so on.

We all know Natalie's on a different dancing planet to the rest of the celebs, and we know why - training and sheer talent. I reckon maybe a more honest approach might endear her at least a little to some of the naysayers.

I'm not blaming Natalie for the 'dishonesty' by the way - and that's maybe too strong a word but you know what I mean. She came clean before the show started.

Meanwhile, the elephant remains.......

Yes, yes and yes.

Again, not a dig at Natalie, but you are right, Natalie has NOTHING to fear or apologise for. Just be honest and open about it. I am sure she struggles with advanced stuffs and all and find many things other celebs present and in the past difficult easy for her. Just be honest, don't be smug about it, and she'll endear herself more. Artem trying to play down everything doesn't help either...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, yes and yes.

Again, not a dig at Natalie, but you are right, Natalie has NOTHING to fear or apologise for. Just be honest and open about it. I am sure she struggles with advanced stuffs and all and find many things other celebs present and in the past difficult easy for her. Just be honest, don't be smug about it, and she'll endear herself more. Artem trying to play down everything doesn't help either...

When's Artem tried to play it down? :confused: All I've heard him talk about is the pressure that comes with having that good a celebrity, then people expect more and expect something magical every time. I think that's really honest. :confused:

He talked about it on ITT and on BBC breakfast this week.
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, yes and yes.

I'm not really sure Natalie could be any more honest about it :confused:

As for Artem, he readilly admits he has a good celeb, but that brings it's own challenges - which is honest as well :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aggs wrote: »

As for Artem, he readilly admits he has a good celeb, but that brings it's own challenges - which is honest as well :confused:

They are honest, don't get me wrong, but I think they feel they have a need to play down just how good Natalie is and how much she may have found some techniques easy, and clearly Artem has pushed her to do much more complex and advanced figures and even that she coped well by and large. I want them to say more exactly how Artem is making it more challenging for Natalie, and if Natalie finds those more advanced steps easy or difficult. And not just say, "We are having a good time!", or "I can't wait for Saturday, but I am a little scared", or worse, end up doing silly VTs with Artem wearing wigs and hear in microwave daft things, but the VTs I granted wasn't their fault...
  • fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, yes and yes.

BIB - oh, please - this 'smug' label sets my teeth on edge. Do you have any example of her actually being smug? I don't quite get what you mean about Natalie needing to be more honest. She's not in control of the garbage they put in the VTs and nor does she have much say in Zoe's mostly inane interviewing style. If you read her blog this week, she talks about feeling deflated and hitting a bit of a wall energy wise. She also talks of the pressure on Artem that Alli mentions. Likewise, I don't get the reference to Artem playing everything down :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »
    When's Artem tried to play it down? :confused: All I've heard him talk about is the pressure that comes with having that good a celebrity, then people expect more and expect something magical every time. I think that's really honest. :confused:

He talked about it on ITT and on BBC breakfast this week.
    aggs wrote: »

More to add, look at Poena's post. Do you agree, because I am agreeing with what she wrote? If you don't, why don't you call her up for it? Why do I sense you like to pick me?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    BIB - oh, please - this 'smug' label sets my teeth on edge. Do you have any example of her actually being smug? I don't quite get what you mean about Natalie needing to be more honest. She's not in control of the garbage they put in the VTs and nor does she have much say in Zoe's mostly inane interviewing style. If you read her blog this week, she talks about feeling deflated and hitting a bit of a wall energy wise. She also talks of the pressure on Artem that Alli mentions. Likewise, I don't get the reference to Artem playing everything down :confused:

She is NOT smug. I simply mean I want her to be open about her struggles (or perhaps the lack of struggles) in her trainnig then share it in the VT training interview. See the elephant in the room post by Poena. Don't hide anything. But, hypothetically speaking, if and when she starts sharing and be more open about her struggles and how easy she finds her week's routine is, if she does it in her usual affable way, then she will not be seen as smug. Did I say she is smug in the past?:confused:

Is this pick a fight with SCD-O and get him banned campaign day again? So soon?
  • cattcatt Posts: 1,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should have paired her with Anton....
    :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poena wrote: »

Thing is, she's on a hiding to nothing whatever she says. There were plenty of people here willing to say she was milking the injury and it was all to generate drama. I suspect she just would rather not talk about it. It would be great if we heard more from all of the celebs and pros about the specific challenges they face, but where do you see that happening? All the training and post-dance discussion are pretty shallow and pointless :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More to add, look at Poena's post. Do you agree, because I am agreeing with what she wrote? If you don't, why don't you call her up for it? Why do I sense you like to pick me?

Because she talked about what she wanted to see rather than what she wasn't seeing and I completely agree with her. But I completely agree with it for ever celeb, I want more technical discussion for every single celeb rather than "you were brilliant, we were jumping on the sofas in the Cook house" which is what you get from Zoe. :rolleyes:

It's more frustrating when it's Artem & Natalie though, for me, because I think they, of all the couples, could discuss it articulately and break it down and Artem has already happily talked about his choreography technique and the reasons for his choices. I just wish they were given the opportunity to go into more detail. ;)

And it's never personal hun, I agree with some posts, don't agree with others. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is NOT smug. I simply mean want her to be open about her struggles (or perhaps the lack of struggles) in her trainnig then share it in the VT training interview. See the elephant in the room post by Poena. Don't hide anything. But, hypothetically speaking, if and when she starts sharing and be more open about her struggles and how easy she finds her week's routine is, if she does it in her usual affable way, then she will not be seen as smug. Did I say she is smug in the past?:confused:

Is this pick a fight with SCD-O and get him banned campaign day again? So soon?
    I don't know if you've used smug before, but you did just now. I'm not picking a fight with you in the slightest (and I'm certainly not part of any campaign :mad:), but I was confused by the content of your post. And yes, I have read and replied to Poena's post. (Just as a general point, which I hope you'll take in the friendly manner it's intended - you do sometimes frame your opinions in inflammatory language).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    I don't know if you've used smug before, just that you did just now. I'm not picking a fight with you in the slightest (and I'm certainly not part of any campaign :mad:), but I was confused by the content of your post. And yes, I have read and replied to Poena's post. (Just as a general point, which I hope you'll take in the friendly manner it's intended - you do sometimes frame your opinions in inflammatory language).

I simply mean when she shares her struggles and perhaps the lack of struggles, expanding Peona's point regarding addressing the elephant in the room, if she remains her affable self (thus I simply shorthand and wrote "don't become smug about that"), in a hypothetical sense, then she'll be fine. Don't understand this knee-jerk reaction about words used. Just because smug and Natalie is used in the same sentence doesn't mean I am accusing her of ever doing it.

She may put on her pro face while she dances which I don't like, which some called 'smug' but even then I won't accuse her of that. She's probably trained in the past to 'dance with confidence' and that's her expression when she dances, esp. when she's out of hold and doing latin moves.