Options

Star Wars VII details officially announced

Comments

• Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so 36ABY for Episode VII - Ben Skywalker will be 8 years old and Luke is given hologram visions of his mother as well as his father attacking the Jedi Temple :) If they keep to the 4 year gap then Episode 8 will be 40ABY (Legacy Era) so I hope we get to see Jacen Solo turning to the dark side

Why would they follow that ? i want to see something that will surprise me not something that has already been done in Comic / Book form.
  • Options
    jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    Why would they follow that ? i want to see something that will surprise me not something that has already been done in Comic / Book form.

I can't remember but I'm sure Lucas said the books are canon, that is of course up to Disney now I guess.

It does make me wonder if Mara Jade will appear and others.
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't remember but I'm sure Lucas said the books are canon, that is of course up to Disney now I guess.

Prior to Dinsey's involvement there were several layers of canon and the whole thing was a bit if a mess. However earlier this year the whole EU/canon issue was reviewed. As it happens, an announcement was made only last Friday declaring that only the 6 movies and The Clone Wars TV show is now considered official canon, everything else, isn't. The collective non canon stuff has been been given the title of "Legends"', essentially they never happened. Going forward, the new films and the upcoming TV series Rebels will be included as official canon.
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wonder if Itchy and Lumpy will be in it .
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    Oh well played. :D

Going back a bit that one.
  • Options
    PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a huge Star Wars fan I hope the new Stars Wars film is better then the last three brought out, they were such a huge disappointment for me, still the new cast look good and I know it's not confirmed yet but if I'd have to have a guess on Daisy Ridley's character at the moment then I'd guess she will be Han Solo and Princess Leia's daughter but then again i could totally be wrong on that.

It's also good to see Harrison Ford (Han), Mark Hamill (Luke), Carrie Fisher (Leia), Anthony Daniels (C-3PO), Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca), and Kenny Baker (R2-D2) reprise there roles but where is Billy Dee Williams (Lando) :confused: oh well I'm still looking forward to it.
    redrose89 wrote: »
    As someone who wasn't alive for the original trilogy (but thanks to my dad grew up watching and loving it) I was bitterly disappointed in the prequels. I am really excited about these films and I really hope they'll recapture some of the magic and great storytelling that was lost.

I didn't like the prequels either (even though I own the films :blush:) I hated most of the characters like Anakin Skywalker and especially Jar Jar Binks but the only new character I didn't mind was Padme Amidala (Natalie Portman) and that was only in The Phantom Menace, she was ruined in my eyes when she was paired with Hayden Christensen >:(.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    Interesting casting.the legend that is Max van sydow would be a good count dooko type perhaps? John boyega is a mistake however,that is a casting disaster without a doubt.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting casting.the legend that is Max van sydow would be a good count dooko type perhaps? John boyega is a mistake however,that is a casting disaster without a doubt.

I don't see it as a mistake. We don't even know what role he has, so how can you say it's a mistake??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't see it as a mistake. We don't even know what role he has, so how can you say it's a mistake??

I don't think he is right for whatever part he plays.
  • Options
    NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

*Stands an applauds* Well done sir, you win the DS Unsubstantiated Claptrap Of The Week award.
  • Options
    PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oscar isaac is great i hope he's a han solo type character
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They need to make sure the story is good and have great acting and dialogue, get that sorted and then focus on the special stuff.
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    They need to make sure the story is good and have great acting and dialogue, get that sorted and then focus on the special stuff.

That's not really the Star Wars formula, though, is it? :blush:
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    RebelScum wrote: »
    Prior to Dinsey's involvement there were several layers of canon and the whole thing was a bit if a mess. However earlier this year the whole EU/canon issue was reviewed. As it happens, an announcement was made only last Friday declaring that only the 6 movies and The Clone Wars TV show is now considered official canon, everything else, isn't. The collective non canon stuff has been been given the title of "Legends"', essentially they never happened. Going forward, the new films and the upcoming TV series Rebels will be included as official canon.

Official canon? You don't think you might be taking this stuff a bit too seriously? :p

I only hope it doesn't lead to sectarian warfare at some point. :o
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Since he's been cast by JJ Abrams he clearly thinks he IS the right part for the film. For anyone who doesn't know him he's the lead in Attack The Block.
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Official canon? You don't think you might be taking this stuff a bit too seriously? :p

I only hope it doesn't lead to sectarian warfare at some point. :o

Not personally no :p. I'm just reporting what was annouced last week; but there are people out there who are going nuts about it. Prior to the announcement there was always lot of debating/fighting amongst the more hardcore fanboys about canon, and what layer of canon something might fall into. If anything this should put an end to all that nonsesne.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Here's Daisy Ridley starring in a (very!) short film I worked on last year with a couple of other guys. It was for a competition to shoot a horror film in 16 seconds. It's silly but it was fun to work on! I wish Daisy all the best :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWhGg21Oh5I
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    Max Von Sydow........."The power of the force compels you! The power of the force compels you!"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Since he's been cast by JJ Abrams he clearly thinks he IS the right part for the film. For anyone who doesn't know him he's the lead in Attack The Block.

Abrams has made a big mistake here.nick frost was just about the only good one in attack the block.
  • Options
    axlgodaxlgod Posts: 658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stuartjk wrote: »
    Max Von Sydow........."The power of the force compels you! The power of the force compels you!"

Max Von Sydow looked about 70 in the Excorcist :D
    I thought he was dead...........I bet Max Von Sydow thought he was dead!
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    axlgod wrote: »
    Max Von Sydow looked about 70 in the Excorcist :D
    I thought he was dead...........I bet Max Von Sydow thought he was dead!

He was made up to look older in The Exorcist; he is 85 now.
  • Options
    Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member
    PDS1985 wrote: »
    I didn't like the prequels either (even though I own the films :blush:) I hated most of the characters like Anakin Skywalker and especially Jar Jar Binks but the only new character I didn't mind was Padme Amidala (Natalie Portman) and that was only in The Phantom Menace, she was ruined in my eyes when she was paired with Hayden Christensen >:(.

Oh jeez yes, you could almost make an allowance for Jake Lloyd because he was just a child, but then they brought in someone who was even more childlike.
  • Options
    JaiJaiJaiJai Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone reckon there'll be a another massive annoucement on May 4th this weekend?
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    JaiJai wrote: »
    Anyone reckon there'll be a another massive annoucement on May 4th this weekend?

Hopefully, a name for the episode would be nice.
  • Options
    Mr MoriartyMr Moriarty Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »

oh come on, have you ever seen a star wars movie with great dialogue and great acting? as much as I adore the original trilogy, wooden dialogue, weird character decisions, and a dearth of wit were not exactly exclusive to the prequels. Ill be happy if we just get a fun movie with good effects, space battles, likeable if simplistic characters and some rousing, cheesy moments.