Simon Cowell is he or isn't he???

jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
Forum Member
✭✭
I actually do think Mr Cowell is gay..Not that it matters except why not show the world...

These women just pop up from nowhere and look like a contracted relationship..same with Mr cruise.. Poor Katie Holmes is a shadow of her former self that is what selling your soul does to you:(

Comments

• Tulip19Tulip19 Posts: 3,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jules1000 wrote: »
    I actually do think Mr Cowell is gay..Not that it matters except why not show the world...

These women just pop up from nowhere and look like a contracted relationship..same with Mr cruise.. Poor Katie Holmes is a shadow of her former self that is what selling your soul does to you:(

I have no idea obviously, I don't know him. But if I had to make a guess I'd say yes.:)
  • allie5allie5 Posts: 4,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The reason is obvious. Last night on the Piers interview there was a soundbite that was very telling.."Simon has made a fortune by being HONEST". It's totally impossible for him to come out as his entire TV persona (especially in the US) is based upon him being the guy that tells it like it is. If "Mr Honesty" came thundering out of the closet after all these years of carefully cultivating his image as a "ladies man" his reputation would be shot to bits. Not so much for being gay but for being a liar.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If he is, then he is. I don't think anybody would be the least bit surprised or bothered.

He has denied it repeatedly, so either he genuinely isn't gay or he fears it may impact on his carefully cultivated TV persona, particularly in the US.
  • Scratchy7929Scratchy7929 Posts: 3,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allie5 wrote: »
    The reason is obvious. Last night on the Piers interview there was a soundbite that was very telling.."Simon has made a fortune by being HONEST". It's totally impossible for him to come out as his entire TV persona (especially in the US) is based upon him being the guy that tells it like it is. If "Mr Honesty" came thundering out of the closet after all these years of carefully cultivating his image as a "ladies man" his reputation would be shot to bits. Not so much for being gay but for being a liar.

But of course in the UK he has been almost proved as being a liar (i.e. Jedward).Of course on AI he is just a hired hack with little self interest on what happens to the artists afterwards.I wonder if he'll get away with a Jedward contradiction thing over in America on his new American X-factor show.They are far far more re-actionary over there.Even though they are very commercial minded over there & most almost worship the $ I don't think they except having the wool pulled over their eyes as we do in this country.
  • Scratchy7929Scratchy7929 Posts: 3,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    If he is, then he is. I don't think anybody would be the least bit surprised or bothered.

He has denied it repeatedly, so either he genuinely isn't gay or he fears it may impact on his carefully cultivated TV persona, particularly in the US.

In the US a section of his audience would definately be bothered.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,643
    Forum Member
    Leaving aside the question of his sexuality - I couldn't care less either way - does anyone really think of Simon Cowell as being honest? People who continually state that they are honest usually are anything but. The comments he makes during The X Factor etc are very clearly not based in honesty at all, but represent his own agenda.
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But of course in the UK he has been almost proved as being a liar (i.e. Jedward).Of course on AI he is just a hired hack with little self interest on what happens to the artists afterwards.I wonder if he'll get away with a Jedward contradiction thing over in America on his new American X-factor show.They are far far more re-actionary over there.Even though they are very commercial minded over there & most almost worship the $ I don't think they except having the wool pulled over their eyes as we do in this country.

Yes I agree with you about the jedward scenerio...

I always liked and trusted his judgement but when that happened he lost his credibility IMHO.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    Leaving aside the question of his sexuality - I couldn't care less either way - does anyone really think of Simon Cowell as being honest? People who continually state that they are honest usually are anything but. The comments he makes during The X Factor etc are very clearly not based in honesty at all, but represent his own agenda.

Anyone who tells Olly Murs he is a great artist isn't too familiar with the word 'truth'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he is too :cool:

But I wonder if he is planning on getting married because he wants to have children?

He is a very very wealthy middle-aged man and he can't take it with him so is he planning to have a child so that he will have someone to leave all his money to?

If he fell under a bus tomorrow, who would get all his money?
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with that. It's the same with people who say they would never say anything behind someone's back that they wouldn't say to their face - they are usually the most two-faced people ever. And it's the same with this honest comment. If he's so damn honest, why does he have to keep reiterating it?

I suspect Simon Cowell is very dishonest about certain aspects of his private life.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the US a section of his audience would definately be bothered.

Well, most people probably wouldn't care, but as I added in the second paragraph, it could indeed impact on his US audience.
  • maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jules1000 wrote: »

I AGREE!! last night actually confirmed my suspitions sp? i think he is, so if the sudden interview was to shut up any whispers i actually think it opened a can of worms, more people are left wondering. Max Clifford stop this nonsence please you are actually making things worse by drawing attention. (if he is so be it i will still like him, i just hate spin and lies to cover up things) then again as i said earlier i could be wrong and he really is "smitten":rolleyes:(that word is even more annoying!!!)
  • soulloversoullover Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with that. It's the same with people who say they would never say anything behind someone's back that they wouldn't say to their face - they are usually the most two-faced people ever. And it's the same with this honest comment. If he's so damn honest, why does he have to keep reiterating it?

I suspect Simon Cowell is very dishonest about certain aspects of his private life.

I agree with this. These latest and very sudden media statements reek of publicity stunts and manipulation (yet again) of the public.
    Not sure what it's all about - maybe he will produce a couple of heirs for his vast estate but, if he's genuinely having a real true-love romance then I'm the Queen of Sheba :)
    Wouldn't suprise me if his private life is littered with contractual relationships which forbid anyone to talk in exchange for a nice little earner. I would hardly be suprised if Sinitta has been kept in luxury (and a job) by such a contract.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Simon's "Honesty" has always been somewhat contentious. He always seems to have an agenda behind what he is doing - especially when money is at stake. The "fake" surprise over Subo is probably a good example of this.He is ALWAYS contradicting himself over stupid stuff too- he says he has never waxed yet there are loads of photos of him coming out of a salon in LA after having all of his chest hair removed a few years ago! The sudden change of history regarding Sinitta etc etc. He just says what he can get away with and lets his PR people deal with the fall out (if there is any). Most people couldnt give a stuff anyway. He is likeable and charming - many people will overlook his somewhat dubious tall tales because of this.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No, absolutely not.

Everything about Simon the professional is contrived and made for telly. He has manufactured a very successful blunt and up-front persona and has made a fortune from it. Anyone who watched last night interview would have been left under no illusions about his so-called honesty. He has an ego the size of a small continent and he came across as an arrogant, vain, smarmy, self-absorbed, self-involved prick, and an absolute meglomaniac.

I couldn't give a mouse-sized shit who or what he shags, but I don't envy them one bit having to put up with his gigantic ego.

But he did look very nice in his suit. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whether Simon is gay or not is irrelevant to me. I find his alledged faux relationships quite amusing though. He never acts like he is in love and that is what draws attention to it. Also exes like Sinitta say the most ridiculous things like he was amazing in bed and we hear he has given them gifts of houses when they part.

I say good on him though, keep your private life private!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allie5 wrote: »
    Simon's "Honesty" has always been somewhat contentious. He always seems to have an agenda behind what he is doing - especially when money is at stake. The "fake" surprise over Subo is probably a good example of this.He is ALWAYS contradicting himself over stupid stuff too- he says he has never waxed yet there are loads of photos of him coming out of a salon in LA after having all of his chest hair removed a few years ago! The sudden change of history regarding Sinitta etc etc. He just says what he can get away with and lets his PR people deal with the fall out (if there is any). Most people couldnt give a stuff anyway. He is likeable and charming - many people will overlook his somewhat dubious tall tales because of this.

Its total fake honesty! He is rich enough to do and say what he wants and get away with it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tegan1973 wrote: »
    Its total fake honesty! He is rich enough to do and say what he wants and get away with it.

Yeah, pretty much. With that much money you can cultivate whatever image you want. There are giant sized holes in this current "relationship" if you are prepared (or interested enough) to look and overall it just seems another fairly half hearted attempt to appear heterosexual. Although thats purely speculation on my part :);) .
  • alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    I never ever once beleived in his 'relationship' with Terri Seymour for one minute -- she was a zeleb gameshow girl, and I reckon he paid her to be his fake girlfriend to distract the media from the truth.

Also, he has an 'unusually' close relationship with his mother for a straight man!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most of his ex 'girlfriends' are on the payroll, and only ever have good things to say about him. He's got it all very carefully sussed out. ;):D
  • dexydaldexydal Posts: 1,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he is too :cool:

But I wonder if he is planning on getting married because he wants to have children?

He is a very very wealthy middle-aged man and he can't take it with him so is he planning to have a child so that he will have someone to leave all his money to?

If he fell under a bus tomorrow, who would get all his money?

He has already said 90% would go to charity.
  • Tulip19Tulip19 Posts: 3,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alienpanda wrote: »
    I never ever once beleived in his 'relationship' with Terri Seymour for one minute -- she was a zeleb gameshow girl, and I reckon he paid her to be his fake girlfriend to distract the media from the truth.

Also, he has an 'unusually' close relationship with his mother for a straight man!!

And he gave her millions of dollars and a house when they broke up. It's not like he can't afford to give three times that, but...:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He did keep saying "person" instead of "girl" last night, so he could be bisexual?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,259
    Forum Member
    newwoman wrote: »
    Anyone who tells Olly Murs he is a great artist isn't too familiar with the word 'truth'

That is your opinion though, so he can't be called untruthful because you disagree with him.

I find the whole speculation ridiculous, but then thats what forums are like. I've said it before but as much as someone wants to believe someone is gay then it doesn't make it a fact, but the way some people talk it is as if they know for sure. Simon has said many times he would have no problem admitting it if he were and I believe him. He had an obvious glint in his eye last night when talking about Mezghan.
  • flakecakeflakecake Posts: 1,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Simon is a man of many secrets although I wouldn't want to speculate on what those secrets might be. I never used to go much for the gay story but I wouldn't be suprised the more I think about it. If he was so honest and clean cut he wouldn't need Uncle Maxie looking after his interests.