David Tennant on Virgin advert

Comments

• Avi8Avi8 Posts: 3,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He still looks gorgeous to me.
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Thanks for posting that - there was a very nice compilation vid on that site, of DT being very funny on various shows, which I just had a happy 15 minutes watching. And he looked absolutely gorgeous! :D

will be checking that out later:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting that - there was a very nice compilation vid on that site, of DT being very funny on various shows, which I just had a happy 15 minutes watching. And he looked absolutely gorgeous! :D

Calm down Granny, he's spoken for!;):D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    I thought it was a rather good advert, and as usual both DT and RB looked tasty. Now that would be a fantasy come true.... ;)

Not sure why the beeb are complaining, after all it's free advertising for them.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's done a new ad for Scottish Labour which was emailed today to all Scottish Labour members telling us to vote Scottish Labour. Not entirely sure why they'd need to do that, but what the heck. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9ekwFDTJ7o&utm_source=taomail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=8791+Something+a+bit+different&tmtid=37123-8791-2-2550-508046
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pajs1000 wrote: »
    Calm down Granny, he's spoken for!;):D

As well as being 20 years too young! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As well as being 20 years too young! :D

Toyboy not your thing then?;):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pajs1000 wrote: »
    Toyboy not your thing then?;):D

There's toyboys then there's cradle snatching. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's toyboys then there's cradle snatching. :D
    Yea,ok.:rolleyes::D
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    David Tennant seems to be getting an awful lot of ad work recently. I saw this ad the other day (before it was pulled) and straight after it David was doing the voice over for a credit card ad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DiscoP wrote: »
    David Tennant seems to be getting an awful lot of ad work recently. I saw this ad the other day (before it was pulled) and straight after it David was doing the voice over for a credit card ad.

He's been doing American Express for ages.:)

Yes, he does seem busy.

He was on telly not long ago doing a plug for an animated film he's doing a voice for - something about pirates.
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    I read the book that pirates film is based on years ago. it was pretty good - a giggle. I understand the film is good too.
    Forum Member
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    I read the book that pirates film is based on years ago. it was pretty good - a giggle. I understand the film is good too.

We saw the movie the other week, good fun. DT is Charles Darwin. He's got a new TV show son hasn't he - True Love?

Anyone seen the Decoy Bride
    Forum Member
    Update: he's in a sky arts one off play 9pm tonight!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    Can't blame the guy for being busy, maybe he's doing so much so he can have a bit of rest from Dad duty? :P I've seen that DW reference Virgin ad quite a few times, made me smile the first time I saw it.
  • DoctorQuiDoctorQui Posts: 6,428
    Forum Member
    HAHA they've changed the ad...DW no longer in his list of programmes!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe I'm missing the point here but, doesn't the Beeb benefit from a higher 'visability profile' if people watch Dr Who, no matter what platform they watch it on?
    Seems a bit dumb to object to DT doing a tongue in cheek reference to a series he worked in 3 years ago!
    Yeah we know Dr Who is the Beeb's 'intellectual property' but where's the loss to Auntie here?

:confused:
    Forum Member
    Hot Dogg wrote: »
    Maybe I'm missing the point here but, doesn't the Beeb benefit from a higher 'visability profile' if people watch Dr Who, no matter what platform they watch it on?
    Seems a bit dumb to object to DT doing a tongue in cheek reference to a series he worked in 3 years ago!
    Yeah we know Dr Who is the Beeb's 'intellectual property' but where's the loss to Auntie here?

I don't think you're alone with this view...but the whole shebang is quite comical!:D
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Hot Dogg wrote: »

It's not just a matter of loss here - the Beeb are duty-bound to protect intellectual rights wherever they're used. If they don't, they lose those rights - just ask Hoover.
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    That's right - Private Eye routinely take the mickey out of letters they get from solicitors representing brands. Letters along the lines if "In your article blah you referred to someone using a biro. We bring your attention to the fact that the word biro is trademark protected property of blah and blah blah drone drone...."

It's one of those things the Beeb feel they have to do, even though it looks petty.

Another related example is the police force. They lost claims to the image of their now obsolete blue police boxes after allowing a BBC show to use it unchallenged for years. (It was a bit rich of them to try and muscle in on their fame given that the show is the only reason the image is well known. But that's money grubbing opportunists for you.)

I suppose if things then were as they are now, they wouldn't have gone near the idea of using a police box.
  • Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He looks like hes had some botox, or something. His face is different, somehow. Still lovely, but not as gorgeous as usual, imo. :o
    Forum Member
    It's not just a matter of loss here - the Beeb are duty-bound to protect intellectual rights wherever they're used. If they don't, they lose those rights - just ask Hoover.

Or the Metropolitan Police;)
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    made me wish he was still Doctor Who :cry:
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Look on DS front page, they've banned it now
    Forum Member
    it was pretty naughty of Virgin, but they must have known what the bbc would do, surely?
    Publicity all round, I suppose.

How come we can still watch the full ad on DS?