Options

Paralympic Games | Day 7 | Wednesday 5th September | Live Chat Thread

Comments

• Options
    CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jon-Allan Butterworth is in action at Brands Hatch in the Men's Individual C 5 Time Trial #GoParalympicsGB #RoadCycling

I want to see it damm you channel 4 :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For God's sake C4 need shooting:mad: (There we are my own made up event and I would film every min of it) :mad:
    They really do :rolleyes:
  • Options
    basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    For God's sake C4 need shooting:mad: (There we are my own made up event and I would film every min of it) :mad:
    Apparently it's the OBS who do the filming and they haven’t been paid to do so. There's also no coverage of the marathon. Channel 4 might film a bit of that otherwise on Sunday they won’t actually have any sport to film. Channel 4 have probably got a camera crew down there to film medal ceremonies and interviews but that’s about all. They can't afford to film it all.
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    basdfg wrote: »
    Our men are ranked number 1 through. More moaning from dad tonight as not every Briton wins a medal. Yesterday he said Lee Pearson should repay his funding as he did not get his individual gold’s.

I saw they'd come top in the ranking round the other day, I'm currently keeping an eye on them on the London site.

Lee himself said bronze was the max he could get out of himself and his horse the other day and he's happy to have one of each colour. He was also delighted with his silver.

http://www.horseandcountry.tv/news/2012/09/03/paralympian-lee-pearson-wins-bronze

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Paralympics-Pearson-delighted-silver-medal/story-16812631-detail/story.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently it's the OBS who do the filming and they haven’t been paid to do so. There's also no coverage of the marathon. Channel 4 might film a bit of that otherwise on Sunday they won’t actually have any sport to film. Channel 4 have probably got a camera crew down there to film medal ceremonies and interviews but that’s about all. They can't afford to film it all.
    Total joke, a lot of people will have wanted to watch it :mad:

LIVE - Sailing Three-Person Keelboat (Sonar) Race 8 - John Robertson, Hannah Stodel & Stephen Thomas
    LIVE - Archery Men's Team Recurve - Open Quarter Final - GB vs Taipei (Chinese Taipei)
    LIVE- Cycling Road Men's Individual C 5 Time Trial FINAL - Jon-Allan Butterworth
    10:50 - Athletics Women's 200m - T37 Round 1 - Katrina Hart, Bethany Woodward & Jenny McLoughlin
    10:55 - Swimming Women's 100m Backstroke - S12 Heat - Hannah Russell
    11:00 - Sailing Two-Person Keelboat (SKUD18) Race 9 - Alexandra Rickham & Nikki Birrell
    11:00 - Cycling Road Men's Individual C 3 Time Trial FINAL - Shaun McKowen
    11:04 - Swimming Men's 100m Breaststroke - SB6 Heat - Matthew Whorwood
    11:06 - Athletics Women's 200m - T44 Round 1 - Sophie Kamlish & Stef Ried
    11:10 - Sailing Single-Person Keelboat (2.4mR) Race 9 - Helena Lucas
    11:12 - Swimming Women's 100m Breaststroke - SB6 Heat - Elizabeth Johnson & Charlotte Henshaw
    11:20 - Sailing Three-Person Keelboat (Sonar) Race 9 - John Robertson, Hannah Stodel & Stephen Thomas
    11:21 - Swimming Men's 50m Backstroke - S2 Heat - James Anderson
    11:30 - Table Tennis Women's Team - Class 1-3 Quarter Final - GB
    11:40 - Swimming Women's 50m Freestyle - S9 Heat - Amy Marren, Lauren Steadman & Louise Watkin
    11:49 - Cycling Road Men's Individual C 1 Time Trial FINAL- Mark Colbourne
    12:02 - Cycling Road Women's Individual C 5 Time Trial FINAL - Crystal Lane & Sarah Storey
    12:30 - Sailing Two-Person Keelboat (SKUD18) Race 10 - Alexandra Rickham & Nikki Birrell
    12:40 - Sailing Single-Person Keelboat (2.4mR) Race 10 - Helena Lucas
    12:45 - Women's Goalball Quarterfinal - GB vs Sweden
    12:50 - Sailing Three-Person Keelboat (Sonar) Race 10 - John Robertson, Hannah Stodel & Stephen Thomas
    14:00 - Mixed Wheelchair Rugby GB vs United States
    14:52 - Cycling Road Women's Individual B Time Trial FINAL - Lora Turnham
    15:00 - Mixed Wheelchair Rugby GB vs Japan
    15:15 - Men's Wheelchair Basketball Quarter Final - GB vs Turkey
    16:21 - Cycling Road Women's Individual H 3 Time Trial FINAL - Rachel Morris
    16:32 - Cycling Road Women's Individual H 1-2 Time Trial FINAL - Karen Darke
    16:43 - Cycling Road Mixed T 1-2 Time Trial FINAL - David Stone
    17:30 - Swimming Men's 200m Ind. Medley -SM8 FINAL - Sam Hynd & Oliver Hynd
    17:48 - Swimming Men's 400m Freestyle - S10 FINAL - Robert Welbourn
    18:23 - Swimming Men's 100m Breaststroke - SB5 FINAL - James O'shea
    19:00 - Mixed Wheelchair Rugby GB vs France
    19:01 - Athletics Men's 100m - T44 Round 1 - Jonnie Peacock
    19:35 - Athletics Men's 800m - T12 FINAL - David Devine
    21:17 - Athletics Women's 100m - T46 FINAL - Sally Brown
    22:27 - Athletics Men's 200m - T35 Round 1 - Sam Ruddock & Jordan Howe
  • Options
    Dollybird01Dollybird01 Posts: 1,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

so basically, if its not Athletics, Swimming or Basketball, you dont have a hope in hell:mad: I am bloody fuming. I absolutely love my cycling, road or track. How the bloody hell can they hope that people will support the Paralympics if they dont bloody screen the events
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so basically, if its not Athletics, Swimming or Basketball, you dont have a hope in hell:mad: I am bloody fuming. I absolutely love my cycling, road or track. How the bloody hell can they hope that people will support the Paralympics if they dont bloody screen the events
    So true. Hopefully the increase in support will make whoever has it in 2016 think to show more supports & more hours.

Good luck Katrina in her heat :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BTW anybody know if there are anymore MP's giving out medals today so I can go and give them a big BOO at the tv?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BTW anybody know if there are anymore MP's giving out medals today so I can go and give them a big BOO at the tv?
    I don't know where you can find that out...maybe someone will know :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

It's nothing to do with channel 4. It's the Olympic Broadcasting Committee and the International Paralympic Committee that decide all the live feeds and which sports get broadcast or not. For financial reasons they couldn't afford to cover every sport and so stuff like archery, fencing, rowing, sailing, equestrian and road cycling got cut.

I'm gutted they had to be cut, because I would've watched all of them, but that's just the way these things go sometimes. :(
  • Options
    JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    Does the no coverage of the road cycling include the handcycling at 3.15? I rather wanted to watch that as Alex Zanardi (ex F1 driver) is making his debut in that. AZ is a very brave guy, I hope its covered.

Oh and morning all Im on for a brief 10 minutes :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    GB into the Semi-Final, beating Taipei 195-179 in the men's Team Recurve Open. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Katrina hart is out. My mum is turning into my dad now and is saying how bad it is. Hope one of our other girls get through or my dad will be unberable tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenzen wrote: »
    Does the no coverage of the road cycling include the handcycling at 3.15? I rather wanted to watch that as Alex Zanardi (ex F1 driver) is making his debut in that. AZ is a very brave guy, I hope its covered.

Oh and morning all Im on for a brief 10 minutes :)

Right, just burst a blood vessel :mad: Anything with even the mention of F1 is like a drug, I gotta lie down, this Paralympics is stressing me out:cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    It's nothing to do with channel 4. It's the Olympic Broadcasting Committee and the International Paralympic Committee that decide all the live feeds and which sports get broadcast or not. For financial reasons they couldn't afford to cover every sport and so stuff like archery, fencing, rowing, sailing, equestrian and road cycling got cut.

I'm gutted they had to be cut, because I would've watched all of them, but that's just the way these things go sometimes. :(
    Ah okay :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    GB into the Semi-Final, beating Taipei 195-179 in the men's Team Recurve Open. :D
    Woop
    Katrina hart is out. My mum is turning into my dad now and is saying how bad it is. Hope one of our other girls get through or my dad will be unberable tonight.
    Your Dad really shouldn't watch sports.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck Bethany & Jenny :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Beth & Jenny into the final
  • Options
    Forum Member

If your parents get this irate over just something on the telly, I dread to think how they have the patience to cope when it comes to serious real life dilemmas. I can't stand the walking on egg shells atmosphere of being around aggressive people like that who could go off one at any given moment for no reason whatsoever. :(

I know I have a very short fuse at times and can be a really sore loser, but even I'm not that bad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CrazyLoop wrote: »
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Beth & Jenny into the final
    Woo. Well done.
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Butterworth picked up some minor injuries in a fall in practice and struggling as a result, don't be looking to him to medal today.-
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    Butterworth picked up some minor injuries in a fall in practice and struggling as a result, don't be looking to him to medal today.-
    Oh no :( Poor guy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh dear! :( Thanks for keeping us posted Muttley. You'll have to be our reporter on the scene! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Woo! Hannah wins her heat. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    #Sonar Race 8 NOR, NED, AUS, GBR, GRE, ISR, FRA, CAN, GER, USA #GoParalympicsGB #SailforGold