Nickelodeon on Freeview ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    mseven1mseven1 Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jj20x wrote: »
    It wouldn't be MTV, Viva is the FTA brand of the music channel used across Europe. There's nothing to stop Viacom showing children's programmes on DTT, they could easily use a brand name not linked with the BSkyB joint operation.

They already show children's programmes on Viva
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From Monday VIVA has two new shows from Nickelodeon airing from 16:00-18:00; Penguins of Madagascar and Fred: The TV Show. Unfortunately, they lose the very popular Spongebob Squarepants which has been their top rated show.
  • Options
    jj20xjj20x Posts: 2,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mseven1 wrote: »
    They already show children's programmes on Viva

Exactly, so an additional channel doing the same thing wouldn't be a problem.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly, so an additional channel doing the same thing wouldn't be a problem.

I think because they have been putting more promotion in to MTV recently after changing it from a music channel to an entertainment channel so they would logically be bringing that channel to a higher amount of viewers
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think because they have been putting more promotion in to MTV recently after changing it from a music channel to an entertainment channel so they would logically be bringing that channel to a higher amount of viewers

I don't know so much about recently, the main MTV channel has barely been a music channel for quite a few years now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know so much about recently, the main MTV channel has barely been a music channel for quite a few years now.

It moved over 2 years ago which is recent If you take in to account MTV UK launched almost 16 years ago. Since the move to the entertainment section of the EPG it's viewers have increased by up to 6/7 times than when it was in the music section so the advertising revenue has increased
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It moved over 2 years ago which is recent If you take in to account MTV UK launched almost 16 years ago. Since the move to the entertainment section of the EPG it's viewers have increased by up to 6/7 times than when it was in the music section so the advertising revenue has increased

It was carrying non-music programmes for a long time before it switched to the entertainment section on Sky. Sky isn't really relevant considering that MTV is still in the music section on Virgin Media and that this is a freeview thread. :)
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I know this is off-topic but MTV UK had stopped being a music channel by summer 2004, when they had programmes running for 18 hours a day (8am-2am). The remaining overnight music gradually disappeared over the following years.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nickelodeon these days seems pretty dreadful from what I've seen (saying that, I'm old now!) But, if they were to introduce some kind of format that included Nick shows from the 90's in the schedule (Are You Afraid Of The Dark, Kenan & Kel, Ren & Stimpy, Doug, Rocko's Modern Life, Sister Sister, Clarissa Explains It All) etc - that would be pretty cool.
  • Options
    HeathHayleHeathHayle Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    Sat.Deelay wrote: »
    Nickelodeon these days seems pretty dreadful from what I've seen (saying that, I'm old now!) But, if they were to introduce some kind of format that included Nick shows from the 90's in the schedule (Are You Afraid Of The Dark, Kenan & Kel, Ren & Stimpy, Doug, Rocko's Modern Life, Sister Sister, Clarissa Explains It All) etc - that would be pretty cool.

Rocko's Modern Life is on Nicktoons at 10:30PM and Clarissa Explains It All is on at 11PM on Nickelodeon and Ren and Stimpy is also on Nicktoons at 11:00PM hope this helps from David Heath
  • Options
    HeathHayleHeathHayle Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    Sat.Deelay wrote: »

Clarissa Explains It All is on at 11PM on Nickelodeon and Rocko's Modern Life is on Nicktoons at 10:30PM and Ren and Stimpy is also on Nicktoons at 11:00PM hope this helps from David Heath
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HeathHayle wrote: »
    Clarissa Explains It All is on at 11PM on Nickelodeon and Rocko's Modern Life is on Nicktoons at 10:30PM and Ren and Stimpy is also on Nicktoons at 11:00PM hope this helps from David Heath

Cheers! Would be good to reminisce seeing them again... ;)
  • Options
    viewer btvviewer btv Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    It would be great to get this channel on DTT I had on TOP UP TV A few years back and it would great for my six nieces and nephew to watch as well when they come round at weekends .Though with hit shows like I-Carly which they liked quite a lot now ended they are going to need some new hit shows to replace so that youngsters are going to watch them and buy their merchandise as well which lets face it is why it is on in the first place.